Review Pies cause a blackout! (Pies 108-69 Port)

Remove this Banner Ad

Unbelievable that you'd single out Brown before Thomas or Phillips.

Everything Brown did tonight was great. He's a quick thinker and got us out of trouble with clever handballs numerous times.

He's wasted forward. He needs to be in the guts.
He will be now with Tay to miss a few.

Reid has had injury battles but he hasn't lost his ability. Reid is AA calibre key position player when at 100% which he is now, Reid at his best is one of the better KP's in the comp and he's getting back to it. Reid has bigger upside for us this season. Cox will probably come back and Mihocek gets dropped.
Cox will probably miss another week.

Unbelievable that you'd single out Brown before Thomas or Phillips.

Everything Brown did tonight was great. He's a quick thinker and got us out of trouble with clever handballs numerous times.

He's wasted forward. He needs to be in the guts.

Brown had about 3 touches to half time, is that "great"?

Phillips and Thomas are proven AFL quality performers

To sum up Reid has always been a naturally talented footballer, whereas Cox is always going to be a slightly out of place giraffe finding his way around trying to figure out what to do. In no way is Cox an automatic in at the expense of Reid now, Carey said there's absolutely no way Reid goes out on that performance.

Listening to Ken Hinkley.. I do not understand for the life of me how he got the job. He's not overly bright.

Just amazes me how he got through the process.

What got me was how chirpy he was.

I mean, you don't HAVE to be grumpy after a loss, but if that's how our coach behaved after a bit of a pasting I'd be dirty.

Cox will probably miss another week.

Lucky we are in the position to get players cherry ripe now. Those who think Reid isn't AFL quality have lost their memories. Not that Cox is awful but Reid can certainly hold his own out there and it will be a tough headache if all get healthy and demand selection. Which is a good thing.

Okay, why haven’t I known about this?

We follow the exact same teams. Haha

76ers can make the Finals, as long as they don’t play Celtics. Hahah

If they play like they did today they can beat anyone. Big if though but my god they were so good today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A pleasing win in the end. A frustrating game for large portions of the last three quarters but I'll take a frustrating 39 point win every day of the week!

Loved Pendles' and Darcy's performances today. Both were superb.

Stephenson was simply electric. He should be our deepest forward for at least 50% of game time every week.

Maynard and Crisp were both excellent imo. I also thought Greenwood did alright.

Jordy desperately needs to do something about his set shot.

WHE, Thomas, and Brown probably didn't do enough tonight to make themselves undroppable for next week. I'd like to see Wells, Wills and Varcoe all considered with a view to bringing Wells in.

At our best footy looks too easy, at our worst we give up strings of multiple goals albeit footy has became more like that this year. What I liked though is that we responded in the third quarter after Port upped the pressure in the second quarter.

I like Brown but he is just completely useless before half time.

Finished with just 13 touches and no scoreboard impact, probably needs a spell.
Laid a heap of tackles, plus every touch was classy. Barely went inside forward 50, so goals weren't relevant.

A pleasing win in the end. A frustrating game for large portions of the last three quarters but I'll take a frustrating 39 point win every day of the week!

Loved Pendles' and Darcy's performances today. Both were superb.

Stephenson was simply electric. He should be our deepest forward for at least 50% of game time every week.

Maynard and Crisp were both excellent imo. I also thought Greenwood did alright.

Jordy desperately needs to do something about his set shot.

WHE, Thomas, and Brown probably didn't do enough tonight to make themselves undroppable for next week. I'd like to see Wells, Wills and Varcoe all considered with a view to bringing Wells in.
Adams to go out obviously. If everyone else is healthy that will be the only change I reckon. Stability is key this year.

As a dad of young kids, my heart goes out to Kyron and his family. I just can't imagine the emotions and to be honest I don't want to. It's too much.

Proud of my club tonight.

It's amazing the difference in feeling when you have little ones of your own, isn't it? Can't imagine how I could face the world. Credit to the dad too.

It's amazing the difference in feeling when you have little ones of your own, isn't it? Can't imagine how I could face the world. Credit to the dad too.

I honestly can't let my mind go there or I'll bawl. The things parenthood does to you!

I hope his dad feels the love from all of us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back