List Mgmt. 2018-19 DFA & SSP Period (Midseason Draft after Round 10)

Remove this Banner Ad

We could use a mid 20’s mid, strong body, leader, self confidence to achieve AFL dream, good disposal.

Michael Gibbons - Tick, tick, tick, tick......cross.
Mitch Grigg - Tick, tick, tick, tick......tick. (Rapier left foot, solid right, powerful body and kicks goals (6 in SANFL GF))

Grigg also understands what the AFL system requires. As good a chance of succeeding as either Goddard or Bugg IMO. And if Jonathon Marsh has overcome his mental health issues/homesickness, then he would also be a great addition - athletic HBF/mid.
Would take Grigg over Gibbons in a heart beat.
Has any AFL club signed him.

Midseason draft coming up.

I note that Frank Anderson, who joined Northern Blues this year, has 3 clubs interested.

Has been impressive by all accounts. Big bodied mid, about 22, inside and outside capabilities, bit of mongrel, around 22 years old, former South Croydon star.

Worth us having a look?

I note that Frank Anderson, who joined Northern Blues this year, has 3 clubs interested.

Has been impressive by all accounts. Big bodied mid, about 22, inside and outside capabilities, bit of mongrel, around 22 years old, former South Croydon star.

Worth us having a look?
He'd want to be playing better than Kennedy for it to make much sense

He'd want to be playing better than Kennedy for it to make much sense

Is any midseason draftee expected to walk into a best 22?

Anderson has been in the bears in all 5 games, although one of them was low stats aside from tackling. Seems Fraser rates him.

Kennedy has been in the bests 1 time from the 3 he has played.

Is any midseason draftee expected to walk into a best 22?

Anderson has been in the bears in all 5 games, although one of them was low stats aside from tackling. Seems Fraser rates him.

Kennedy has been in the bests 1 time from the 3 he has played.

I suspect that whoever is picked will barely get a game this year, unless they come from our own VFL side. I would doubt we would have requested a medical for Anderson as we would have already tested him and id be surprised if we recruited him as he is down the list of needs for the club.

Hopefully we pick a guy like Sydney stack, lots of talent and upside but overlooked due to perceived issues, or the next Tim Kelly, still not sure how he was overlooked 5 times?

I suspect that whoever is picked will barely get a game this year, unless they come from our own VFL side. I would doubt we would have requested a medical for Anderson as we would have already tested him and id be surprised if we recruited him as he is down the list of needs for the club.

Hopefully we pick a guy like Sydney stack, lots of talent and upside but overlooked due to perceived issues, or the next Tim Kelly, still not sure how he was overlooked 5 times?

If those guys are still out there, surely we can list some names?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If those guys are still out there, surely we can list some names?

Do you know who they are? I certainly don't. Do any of the draft watchers have a list of guys who missed last years draft that have stated this season well?
Dunkley has been linked with us, i like the name but know nothing about him.

I would like to pick a ruckman if there was one we had our eye on, this would allow us to cut two of Lobbe, Phillips, Cas with knowing we had a replacement and not hoping our target was available at our pick.

If not, a pressure forward, fast and tough tackling, the rest we can teach but i still wouldn't expect much this season.

Heres a left field option.

Troy Menzel
League: SANFL
Avg possesions: 17.5
Avg efficiency: 85%
Avg tackles: 2.5
Goals avg: 1.8

Best small forward stats wise from the WAFL
Michael Bennell 25 years old 188cm, 70KGs, Perths leading goal kicker 2018, avg 2.3 goals per game and 4.5 tackles, only averages 7 possessions though.

VFL
Sam Lowson

No real standouts going off simple stats.

Worth us having a look?
think a poster itk may have already kaiboshed him.........

Not sure about this bump, as none of these players are eligible for the mid-season draft, are they? Fresh thread would be handy, as would a nominations list.

Fitness.

Last edited:
Heres a left field option.

Troy Menzel
League: SANFL
Avg possesions: 17.5
Avg efficiency: 85%
Avg tackles: 2.5
Goals avg: 1.8

Best small forward stats wise from the WAFL
Michael Bennell 25 years old 188cm, 70KGs, Perths leading goal kicker 2018, avg 2.3 goals per game and 4.5 tackles, only averages 7 possessions though.

VFL
Sam Lowson

No real standouts going off simple stats.

Has Menzel nominated for the midseason draft? Just did some research on him so far this year with Centrals, and he's definitely going pretty well... we do need more goal kickers, though I'm not 100% sure he's the kind of forward we need. Personally I'd prefer a high pressure, speedy, crumbing type.. which Menzel is not. We'd want to be pretty confident his work rate, preparation, professionalism had improved a lot.

Would be the perfect middle finger to the crows if Menzel did end up back at the blues and had a successful 8 years or so with us... might be worth the recruit just for that chance!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back