Preview Round 9, 2019: Port Adelaide vs Gold Coast SUNS

Remove this Banner Ad

My sons footy 11:30 and daughter 1:30 so can't go. And even if I had whole day free, would not waste my time. My platinum membership has given the club what our administrators desired. But it's time to vote against this pitiful Ken era with my attendance. When my kids want to go to a game, I will do it. But completely over it.

We all know how this script go's ports by 43 and then we have to put up with smug hinkley thinking he's great again.
Meanwhile I turn on SEN to hear that Rucci has declared our neighbours as Premiership favourites.
Massive win against a powerful opponent on Saturday.
I guess I almost hope they are.
Perhaps then our admin will be forced to take action.

This is going to be our smallest crowd in a long time. I’m predicting just over 20,000.

If they actually pick Billy, it would honestly bring over 10k more in.

The crowd figure for this game will be fascinating. Gold Coast's band of 3 supporters and a dog will probably show up, but I wonder how many Port fans will turn up.
Might be sub 30k.

I'll be there though.

Sam Collins to take 17 intercept marks. This GC side has some raw talent but with Ebert and Jonas back - Ports by 16 points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m pretty much only going if Frampton gets a gig otherwise they can go away or go for a water ski for all I care
Hinkley, "Frampton did nothing last weekend. Yes I know the SANFL had a bye, but the fact remains that Billy did nothing to advance his cause."

We are losing this game aren't we? The only difference between this year and last year is that things are falling apart a lot sooner.

Why is SUNS always capitalised? Is it an acronym?
Some Utterly Nasty Sh*t

There are a lot of 'whys' when it comes to the SUNS.

Starting with why do they exist.
Besides all the jokes, they have better attendance than the local NRL team in Queensland. Not bad at all...

Port will almost certainly win this to paper over the cracks and avoid the media scrutiny on Hinkleys job he deserves to cop. It won’t be a large win,nor a spectacularly close game just going through with enough I’ll bet.

I’m having my wisdom tooth removed on sat so I’ll be in no mood to go to this game.

I’m calling 25-30k

I’ll be shocked if we get 30k.

The crowd figure for this game will be fascinating. Gold Coast's band of 3 supporters and a dog will probably show up, but I wonder how many Port fans will turn up.

I have more pleasurable stuff to do like moving house so I'm out. This game means nothing to me, even a 100 point thumping wouldn't answer questions. I'm pretty much done. Selecting a proper forward line may make me reconsider.

Could this one be Hinkley's GWS 2012 game?

If the second Showdown/Elimination Final failcombo of 2017 wasn’t enough to do it when we had the option, losing to a half-decent Suns outfit with an injury list a mile long and 2.5 years left on his deal won’t.

Remember, the club benchmarks against 2011 these days and all obligations to stakeholders (SMA, AFL, AFLPA, AFLCA) are being met.

4-4 and all the bills are paid? This is paradise!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back