Coalition victory how?

Remove this Banner Ad

Of course, remember the person who was pre-selected in Morrison’s seat and then the newspapers deliberately tarnished his reputation? Morrison only got to where he is through lying, deception and corruption. The guy is a fraud.

Towke was apparently even worse than Morrison.

Look it up. I didn't have to cos I was there but I'll give you a helping hand.

https://www.loansense.com.au/historical-rates.html

It’s also important to look at these things relatively to the total cost. I would much prefer to buy a house at ~2x median income and pay 16% interest rate for a few years, with interest rates lowering for the remainder of the loan period, than to buy a house at ~7-10x median income and pay 4-5% for the whole loan period.

Probably the best thing to come out of this is that those who do not share the loud green / Big labour thoughts can now be confident to express themselves knowing that the majority of Australians actually agree with them.

There was so much rhetoric and shout down from the loud left grouping anyone who does not think exactly like them as Fraser Anning. There is a centre space that the majority of Australians occupy. The greens don’t care because they can never actually lead but Labour should be concerned that the Greens vote of 10% is basically a vote away from labour and further splintering the hard and soft labor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s also important to look at these things relatively to the total cost. I would much prefer to buy a house at ~2x median income and pay 16% interest rate for a few years, with interest rates lowering for the remainder of the loan period, than to buy a house at ~7-10x median income and pay 4-5% for the whole loan period.

Which is precisely why I got out of the Capital city I grew up in.

a) I couldn't afford a house
b) I couldn't get a decent paying job.

That was 1982.

It's all relative, but there are places in Australia, even now, where there is;

a) Affordable housing.
b) Good, well paying jobs.

Yeah if interest rates went up into the 7s/8s Id be battling I reckon.

But i guess you'd adapt and go without stuff.

Meh.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app
And that's the chicken and egg there as well.

You cut back, I cut back, everyone cuts back, that prolongs the recession and some of us that cut back lose our jobs, prolonging a recession even more.

WEAK CONSERVATIVE AUSSIES.

I get it. If you have a small business, have investment properties or are extremely RACIST. Fine, vote liberals.

But to any blue collar, hard working middle class member of Australian society..you screwed up. VOTING FOR LIBERALS DOES NOT HELP YOU. The amount of people I know who voted for Scomo had zero business voting for them. They do not care and wait in a years time or even 7/8 months after the election...they don’t give a flying **** you inbred fools.

Sounds like you're doing it pretty tough...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which is precisely why I got out of the Capital city I grew up in.

a) I couldn't afford a house
b) I couldn't get a decent paying job.

That was 1982.

It's all relative, but there are places in Australia, even now, where there is;

a) Affordable housing.
b) Good, well paying jobs.

It wouldn’t be that great of a move to have all of the people who can’t afford to buy a house move to the country.

And that's the chicken and egg there as well.

You cut back, I cut back, everyone cuts back, that prolongs the recession and some of us that cut back lose our jobs, prolonging a recession even more.
So why not make interest rates lower. Like 2%

Another winner for Labor was wheeling out Keneally as their attack dog. Came off looking like a snarky biatch.

Shout out to the honourable Tony Abbott who will have a short rest now before re-entering the fray. But not untill he had absorbed the focus of Getups mad campaign and lanced the Liberals of traitors Turnbull, Bishop, Pine and Banks. Well played sir.

Last edited:
Mate I’ve travelled the world, lived in other countries, integrated with other nationalities if it’s marriage or friendship. That’s the new world. Integration. Environment is important in any county with a brain too..it’s called future thinking ffs.

We sit here in 2019, still with the Union Jack on our flag after all these years and call out the so called (boat people, Muslims or any other nationality with colour) who come here.Besides the indigenous...we were all in that basket 100..200 years ago when us white folk came here.

I’m not actually far left which may surprise you. I’m straight down the guts.

But it’s the above thoughts that put you libs in the deplorable basket. Because we all know a lot of you are closet racists, climate change deniers which is incredible and you are SCARED of change.

Laid back easy going Aussies my arse....weak scared racist backwards inbred fat cats.
chuckle.gif

It wouldn’t be that great of a move to have all of the people who can’t afford to buy a house move to the country.

Maybe, maybe not.

It worked for me, and I doubt that I'm unique.

Look at it this way, if you can't afford something do you:

a) Cry/Stamp feet/Blame some-one else.
b) Save up for it.
c) Try to find it cheaper.
d) Go without.

To my way of thinking there are an awful lot of people out there today doing a lot of a) and not a lot of anything else.

At some point ya just gotta make a sacrifice/take a swing.

Here’s five words that you should think of going forward if you want real change “Royal Commission into Parliamentary Corruption”

You can add two more words that the Libs said: 'not retrospective'.

So why not make interest rates lower. Like 2%

Im not one thats great on economics.

The knowledgeable ones will give a more measured response,

Lower interest rates will fuel credit expansion leading to even higher house prices.

Lower interest interest will lead to money flowing to overseas investments, Why invest here when you can get a better return elsewhere.

And I think that devalues our dollar?

Off the top of my head.

How? Said 6 months a go Liberal would win. (And @ $7 it is a nice pay day). But Labor are totally incompetent. How Shorten was not turfed out after losing the unloseable in 2016 is beyond belief and everyone acts surprised when it happens again.

Also Liberal have a well oiled machine and more broad based support. This was Labors last real chance in a long time to drive real change and they just couldn't drive home their message. An inexplicable lack of change in leadership and instead of focusing on a few key points they laid all their cards on the table which they didn't communicate well and ultimately it scared people off.

Labor are better off focusing on the states and the key issues that they need to define what matters and drive change that way. They will never form Federal Government again (They may fluke a Whitlam or Rudd again where the coalition totally *s up) but fact is most people simply prefer those policies. The people have voted and they want the status quo. Good luck to them it is a democracy and they are more than entitled to their say. But also those who are left behind by the policies of the last 6 years in particular 14 don't really owe anyone thing either.

Probably the best thing to come out of this is that those who do not share the loud green / Big labour thoughts can now be confident to express themselves knowing that the majority of Australians actually agree with them.

There was so much rhetoric and shout down from the loud left grouping anyone who does not think exactly like them as Fraser Anning. There is a centre space that the majority of Australians occupy. The greens don’t care because they can never actually lead but Labour should be concerned that the Greens vote of 10% is basically a vote away from labour and further splintering the hard and soft labor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This I agree with. People should just come out and say they are far right and not be scared off by negative connotations. Australia is historically a conservative country and this proves it. Left scream because they are the minority. As a country Australia is right wing, very conservative and imo backwards.

Maybe, maybe not.

It worked for me, and I doubt that I'm unique.

Look at it this way, if you can't afford something do you:

a) Cry/Stamp feet/Blame some-one else.
b) Save up for it.
c) Try to find it cheaper.
d) Go without.

To my way of thinking there are an awful lot of people out there today doing a lot of a) and not a lot of anything else.

At some point ya just gotta make a sacrifice/take a swing.

Did you know that if you ate a can of cat food and then crapped it out, however many hours later, you could eat whatever was still undigested and save more money?

Pleb mentality my friend. Banks admitted what they did was for greed. Nothing else.

I’m a guy with a job, a house and enough money to be lucky enough to travel the world. Not rich, but still feel fortunate to have what I have.

But how about the others out there....can’t afford medical bills, no job and will never afford a house!!! It’s tough out there and labor does give those a better opportunity!

It’s a shame. I’ll be alright but I feel bad for some out there who would be in a better spot with a labor government

True but you're just repeating what everyone knows. And they vote coalition out of self interest. Which is fine everyone does. Just don't see what those who are homeless, sick etc owe this country anymore.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back