No Oppo Supporters Double-Death-Riding Carlton 2019 Edition - Currently Pick 1 and 19

What month will Bolton be sacked?

• April

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • May

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • June

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • July

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • August

• September

• He won't get the sack this year

Votes: 22 78.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reckon we want the Roos winning soon otherwise the cue could be well and truly be put in the rack.
However they probably only need 1 or 2 more and then can tank to their hearts content.

I would say like Carlton, the Roos have 2 out of their next 3 are winnable. Dogs, Tigers, Suns.

Hell, I would settle even for one win in that lot.

While this is the "easier stretch" for the Blues, in Saints, Dons, Lions and Dogs, on current form all those 4 teams should beat them. With that said, I think injuries and player availability is going to shape a few of those games.

We need to remember at this time there are 2 standouts this year, Rowell and Anderson,
For the Crows, Anderson would be the better Fit that big bodies mid with run, so if Carlton finish 17th I believe we will still get Anderson, if not I will take Rowell.
So we really want the Suns, Melb and Sydney to get a move on, North winning will be a bonus.

Part of me wants Bolton to play out the year at Carlton, but another part of me wants them to take the best coach available before Port come to their senses.

Carlton fans are correct, SOS is doing a great job.. a great job for US!

Is it just me or does anyone else think the deals of Gibbs, Gov and swap of first picks was raised and agreed to behind close doors back after the fail trade of Gibbs didn’t go through?

I was thinking about this earlier and wondering if, rather than bagging SOS for being a nincompoop, we should actually be praising Reid for being a genius and pulling off this deal.

Then I remembered that Reid didn't pull off sh*t, and it just landed in his lap. I wonder if, when SOS called him up, Reid took a moment to wonder if it was actually SOS on the line or if he was just getting pranked by a radio station? Maybe look around for any hidden cameras etc? Pinch himself to make sure that he was actually awake and not just having a vivid dream after eating too much cheese too close to bedtime?

I think this under-values the courage it would have taken Reid and the draft night team to accept this deal. It looks obvious now - everything is easy with hindsight - but at the time he did not know where both sides would finish up this year. There was a risk that the deal could've made Reid look like an idiot, fortunately that mantle is now falling to SOS!

I recall there was a maths/stats whiz on our draft team who had worked in the NFL where pick trading has been going on for years. It'd be interesting to know if he had any statistical info that informed our decision e.g.how likely is it that a team that finishes bottom moves up the table, and on average how many places?

Part of me wants Bolton to play out the year at Carlton, but another part of me wants them to take the best coach available before Port come to their senses.
Carlton may not be able to afford the best coach unless the AFL helps with the Soft Cap rules, Getting Andrew Russell from the Hawks did not come cheap,

I think this under-values the courage it would have taken Reid and the draft night team to accept this deal. It looks obvious now - everything is easy with hindsight - but at the time he did not know where both sides would finish up this year. There was a risk that the deal could've made Reid look like an idiot, fortunately that mantle is now falling to SOS!

I recall there was a maths/stats whiz on our draft team who had worked in the NFL where pick trading has been going on for years. It'd be interesting to know if he had any statistical info that informed our decision e.g.how likely is it that a team that finishes bottom moves up the table, and on average how many places?

Carlton finished with 2 wins last year. As Grotto has kindly pointed on the rare occasions they have won the opposition have kicked themselves out of the game with inaccuracy. Therefore Blues hadn't genuinely won a game in god knows how long.

They added McGovern, Fasolo and weren't to know Doch would get injured. Those improvements and maturing of the kids alone weren't going to get them out of the bottom 4. They knew they were giving up at least a top 5 pick, realistically a top 3.

It doesn't take a maths whiz to work out where Carlton were going to finish. Even this guy could tell you (OK, so it's not a wooden spoon, but it's as best I could do)
1558422273160.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didnt think the last 24 hours on here could get any better. I was wrong.

There is a rumour on the Blues board that Cripps has been offered an absolute monster deal from an opposition club.

I actually think their Club could be broken.
I hope its us and we give them pick 1 and 19 for him, omg the lols we would have!

Not surprising. Carlton operated Main Board by Carlton Mod. We have basically already won. We were at the time of the trade hoping for a solid Top 5 pick when SOS did the trade. Top 5 has been an automatic lock for a while now. Its just a matter now if it is Pick 1,2 or 3. With Pick 1 and 2 the most likely result.

There is often interesting new Carlton threads opened and then hidden away and merged into other threads to deflect heat of the Club.
It's become a joke that the main board is being moderated like we are in a communist country.

I understand that some team board want to be protective of some discussion, but surely the main board can have a proper discussion as long as everyone plays nicely.

It's become a joke that the main board is being moderated like we are in a communist country.

I understand that some team board want to be protective of some discussion, but surely the main board can have a proper discussion as long as everyone plays nicely.
Have you seen the trolls? They don’t play nicely. Ever.

When does the heat come down on SOS? Bolton is rightfully copping it but Silvagni surely doesn't get through this unscathed.

He's not. Some on the Carlton board have exited the cult, blaming him for not only the pick swap but the poor state of their list.

Carlton finished with 2 wins last year. As Grotto has kindly pointed on the rare occasions they have won the opposition have kicked themselves out of the game with inaccuracy. Therefore Blues hadn't genuinely won a game in god knows how long.

They added McGovern, Fasolo and weren't to know Doch would get injured. Those improvements and maturing of the kids alone weren't going to get them out of the bottom 4. They knew they were giving up at least a top 5 pick, realistically a top 3.

Yes, it looks pretty obvious now. But we also had to punt on where we would finish too. If Carlton had moved up a few spots to, say, 15th (feasible to think they might have finished above gold Coast, North and St Kilda - still a possibility too) and we had finished 12th again it wouldn't look such a genius move then. We could have been swapping pick seven for pick 4, after giving away pick 19 as well.

I just don't see how anyone could think this wasn't a risk for us as well as Carlton.

Yes, it looks pretty obvious now. But we also had to punt on where we would finish too. If Carlton had moved up a few spots to, say, 15th (feasible to think they might have finished above gold Coast, North and St Kilda - still a possibility too) and we had finished 12th again it wouldn't look such a genius move then. We could have been swapping pick seven for pick 4, after giving away pick 19 as well.

I just don't see how anyone could think this wasn't a risk for us as well as Carlton.

The risk for us was mitigated by the fact that Carlton are a basket case of a Club. Winning 2 games in 2018 and thinking they would rise up the ladder in 2019 is a joke. They were always a lock for a bottom 4 finish.

For the record, I did a ladder predictor for us after 9 rounds. I have us actually ending in 8th position after 23 rounds with 11 wins.

The games imo which we will win for the rest of the year are Port, Suns, Dons, Blues, Saints and Dogs in the final round.

For me its not inconceivable that we go on a 6 game losing streak. Losing to Lions, Eagles, Dees, Giants, Tigers and Cats. I cant begin to emphasize how important it is for us to win at least two of these games.

I was and still am gutted we lost to the Lions, as I know what awaits us for our next 5 games. While the 3 bold teams are at home, these are also genuine Top 4 teams we are playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back