Player Watch #12: Jy Simpkin - 2021 & 2022 Syd Barker Medalist - 2023 co captain with LMac - re-signed until end of 2029

Remove this Banner Ad

Despite rapid improvement in his last 3 games, still appears to only be playing approx 70% of game time... Is this concerning to anyone? Let me be clear, I'm not concerned in Jy, he has really impressed me since returning from the VFL. I'm concerned as to why he is only getting 70% of game time when he could be playing closer to 80%...

I also read a post on here (I don't recall who posted) about our centre square numbers, and Jy was quite low. Would like to see an updated centre square stats since Jy returned from VFL and has played predominantly as a mid.

My point is, Jy has shown that he can be a damaging midfielder at the elite level now - need him in there as much as possible for the rest of the year.

Still think his left foot pass to Brown was the best kick inside 50 I’ve seen this decade.
Degree of difficulty was 100/100.

He gets double points for it being his opposite side. Closest I can remember is a McKenzie kick to Petrie??? in Perth.

We know how bad a year we are having when we carry on because an AFL footballer can kick a good pass.

Well having watched it live and now on Replay there was a lot more to like about his game than one good pass but sure keep wallowing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back