Autopsy Roast & Toast vs North Melbourne Rd 11, 2019, & Changes for Geelong rd 12

Best players vs North Melbourne

• Ryan Garthwaite

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • David Astbury

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Dylan Grimes

Votes: 12 6.9%
  • Nathan Broad

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Shane Edwards

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • Bachar Houli

Votes: 139 80.3%
  • Brandon Ellis

Votes: 7 4.0%
  • Dion Prestia

Votes: 56 32.4%
  • Kamdyn McIntosh

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Jack Higgins

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Jason Castagna

Votes: 20 11.6%
  • Dan Butler

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • Dustin Martin

Votes: 135 78.0%
  • Tom Lynch

• Noah Balta

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Ivan Soldo

• Trent Cotchin

Votes: 52 30.1%
  • Nick Vlastuin

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Sydney Stack

Votes: 117 67.6%
  • Liam Baker

Votes: 63 36.4%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 8 4.6%
  • Josh Caddy

Votes: 5 2.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Really concerned about our contested marking in both the forward and backline It’s pretty much non existent

Lynch is still underdone so he’s obviously not going to stick as manny as he should and Balta is still young and developing

But guys like Caddy and Astbury have really let the team down in this regard

Astbury Grimes and Garthwaite had shockers. I wouldn't be dropping Garthwaite yet, this is his first shocker, see how he responds next week. Not sure that Dimma got the match ups right back there.

We've never had a defender that can defend the beanstalks
All I’ll say is that it’s not his first shocker

Ziebell reckons that was the "big stage".

Lol. That's why no one wants to play at North.

Nothing game against a nothing club at a nothing ground in front of pretty much noone.

A well timed kick in the ass that a lot of Tiger fans could see coming a mile off.
Exactly . Their grand final. Always has been. Im just disappointed we didnt see this coming and had a better plan against their mids. They went at it harder

What a piss poor post as when you pay somebody for 10% of your cap you need him firing, if he’s picked to play. He’s s dinosaur and is no similar to Ben Holland playing out his career at Box Hill for the Hawks on $600k 15 years ago. The only sad thing about this guy is all the xxxcing excuses. If he’s not up to it then play somebody with some heart and passion like a premiership player in Townsend. This guy is so soft he makes Kleenex tissues look nasty. We can criticise Soldo or George or Butler , but this dinosaur can get excuses continually dished out . He’s so slow and weak it’s a laugh.
We all love Towner but he’s limited there is a reason every man and their dog chased lynch at his best he’s a game changer. No he’s not jack and never will be he hasn’t had a pre season in years gone too early mate but you’re entitled to your own opinion life would be boring if we all agreed

I said after the dogs game this would likely happen from time to time, contrary to probably the popular opinion I'm happier for it to happen against minnow clubs at Mickey Mouse stadium rather than next week in a big time game on the big stage. I think Higgins goes out for a run in the 2's and maybe one of butler/Bolton, will reserve judgement on who comes in at this point but maybe Townsend needs to be tried again in his 2017 role.

Well That sucks.
Meh, it happens.
Soldo good two weeks ago. Tonight was more worried about players around him than the ball. We will judge after a few more games.
A lot of players below their usual standard tonight.
Thought houli, cotchin, baker, stack all reasonable. Not many others off the top of my head.
Last year I thought Garth was ready, now I'm not sure... preferred when grimes was forced to step up.
Noone making themselves dominant forward. Butler not impressive, but no worse than rioli been.
Think we miss Lambert most of all.
Will try to watch vfl tomorrow. Maybe Towna, Graham, Chol, Naish, Fraser in contention

On SM-A520F using BigFooty.com mobile app

So many outs can be covered to a point but eventually the cracks start to appear. Unfortunately especially at a smaller ground we can't spread as we normally do and opposition sides find it much easier to mark one on one. Once they achieve a contest it's a simple case of winning in the air which most teams do against us.

The battle to get the ball to the ground was well and truly lost and we saw the result of this. Our game plan is all about creating space and it just wasn't made available tonight.

Still think there are some young tired legs out there, Higgins, Bolton, Baker, Balta all looked to be struggling and hanging for the bye. Unfortunately I feel we could go into the bye without another win. Seems as others have said every team that plays us seem to treat as their grand final, we had the troops last year to cope but not this year.

It's certainly not all doom and gloom, our depth can't be questioned and we will get players back but it's just a case of how much damage is done in the next month or so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Astbury Grimes and Garthwaite had shockers. I wouldn't be dropping Garthwaite yet, this is his first shocker, see how he responds next week. Not sure that Dimma got the match ups right back there.

We've never had a defender that can defend the beanstalks

Agree why was out best key back (Astbury) not on brown

Wouldn't have made a difference. Pressure is a collective thing, one pressing the player with the ball, others pressing the options he has ahead of him. Tonight the pressure on the ball carrier was a little off but the pressure up the field was none existent especially in the second half. Which this issue stem from not being physical enough in the midfield, Cunnington wins the ball on his own while drawing 2 or 3 of our players meanwhile their opponents spread from the stoppage and everyone is playing catch up.

Yep. Midfield was absolutely smashed. Rioli can not play midfield.

Frankly I just don't think have the required ball winners in the midfield to be good enough.

We play Martin forward for 75% of the game. He barely touches it in that period. Cotchin was at his best 2-3 years ago. Prestia does not do enough and lacks physical presence. Ross was our third best mid as a 5 gamer. Baker is probably our 4th best mid currently. Says enough.

People are quick to forget how goo he's been, without Lynch we wouldn't be 7-4 IMO with jack out
Honestly it’s because we have been spoiled by jack key forwards shouldn’t be able to do what jack does so expecting lynch to be jack is just unrealistic

It’s a 10 year investment if lynch is the same in 3 years time then by all means I will join the melts. He’s played * all footy in the last 4/5 years

Ziebell reckons that was the "big stage".

Lol. That's why no one wants to play at North.

Nothing game against a nothing club at a nothing ground in front of pretty much noone.

A well timed kick in the ass that a lot of Tiger fans could see coming a mile off.
Lmao. Big stage. It’s without doubt their biggest game for the season.

I never visit Docklands. Hate the dump.
We play our worst footy there, for whatever reason.
Erase the video tape, regroup and recalibrate.
Omit Bolton, like I said to.
Then Butler, Higgins, in order.
Going through the data, Balta had a stinker, five turnovers.
Reality bites.
In: Lambert, Menadue, Graham.

Back