World Cup Day 10 England v Bangladesh @ Cardiff, Afghanistan v New Zealand @ Taunton

Remove this Banner Ad

By the time the second innings starts it will presumably have flattened out completely, unless it's a pitch with variable bounce (which Cardiff doesn't traditionally have).

Have you seen how green the pitch is? It ain’t flattening out today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It doesn't really. I would be very surprised to see England hooping it around when they get out there.

Not that they'll need swing to win it at this rate.

Didn’t say anything about swing. My point was that Bangladesh should have batted first and the pitch wasn’t going to change much if at all today. So far its proving me right.

Didn’t say anything about swing. My point was that Bangladesh should have batted first and the pitch wasn’t going to change much if at all today. So far its proving me right.

Well given your only other option would be that it's seaming, which you would've been saying right after Michael Holding pointed out that there was no seam movement taking place, it was the logical choice.

It's a flat pitch. The grass won't offer anything.

Well given your only other option would be that it's seaming, which you would've been saying right after Michael Holding pointed out that there was no seam movement taking place, it was the logical choice.

It's a flat pitch. The grass won't offer anything.

Which would seem to be at odds with a choice to bowl first wouldn’t it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back