Review Good/Bad v GWS, Rd 12 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh Kristof, you hungover? Because you are having a shocker.

First off, I claimed Greenwood and Mackay were dropped and not rested.

Then Kane uses Pykes post game comments that they were rested to be fresh for Richmond.

I initially state Pyke must have been telling porkies if that’s the case because it contradicts what the other coaches said.

I then in subsequent posts state I want to see the context of Pykes comments, because I believe he was talking about being rested from the sanfl side.

I have posters arguing with me.

You then continue it this morning and argue with me but in the end you actually agree with me. So again I have to ask how thick are you?

Since you’ve made the claim, can you find examples of other wins where I’ve come on and whinged for “60 posts”? Because that’s the basis of your post, I’m searching for bitterness. Or is it again a case of you being full of ****? Because I’ve got plenty of examples of that.
My "what the * are you talking about" opinion is pretty clear.

You were calling Pyke a liar, over something you never actually heard.

You did a dozen posts about how Greenwood could only come in to replace an inside mid, when he CAME IN TO REPLACE A FORWARD.

You were clearly confused or had taken a head knock.

Half this thread is you complaining about things, the day after one of our great wins.

Mate, your bitterness about the club, it's decisions, the AFL, the umpires, the coaches - three quarters of everything you post is moans and complaints.

This board is INSANE how negative it can be.

Greenwood had a statistically quiet game because he barely played in the middle.

The reason for this is because Milera is now playing a lot more minutes in the middle. Start of the year Greenwood took that midfield slot.

CEY is the better midfielder out of the two. Unpopular opinion but I can see why Greenwood is on the outer somewhat. Dermie said during the FoxFooty guff how Greenwood is not really a natural forward.

He is a slow mid. We can't have all three of MCrouch, CEY and Greenwood play midfield roles, when everyone else is available.

If you can get a good trade for a.28 year old Greenwood you do it. And the club may well be looking at that option.

Unfortunately Greenwood is becoming surplus to need.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Look, it's starting to be something we probably need to look at.

5 minutes to go in the last, we are up by 2. ROB clean tap on the wing to Douglas, under no pressure fumble, Giants pick it up and rush it forward. That sums up Douglas’s night, couldn’t even take the ball.

Just watched the last qtr, everyone banging on about ROB's immense qtr....he was good but not a world beater, certainly wasn't great and definitely not worth dropping the pursuit of Grundy2020. ROB still has the worlds 2nd worst ball drop behind Paul Northeast, fluffed a lot of kicks. Someone needs to teach him to guide the ball down and not double hand drop from his chest.

Anyone see the Crows Show announcement? 3 contract extensions to be announced. Am I late to the party on this?? (Wouldn’t be the first time!!)
Mackay, Douglas and _________?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And a big thanks to the side for vindicating my faith in the way we’ve been playing.

I got smashed in last weeks equivalent thread for suggesting we were in decent form and that we are still in contention this year.

Last nights performance, a 21 point win against a top 2/3 side was epic and a statement that the season is well and truly on track.

Keeping GWS to 3 goals by half time was a disciplined implementation of our will to choke the life out of an otherwise free scoring side.

The I50 play was ugly and frustrating, but with so many numbers and slow ball movement this is bound to happen. Intentionally holding the game up, giving time to march our numbers forward is far from aesthetically pleasing.

It becomes a weight of numbers thing, enough time I50 eventually produces something.

The smooth movement of 2017 is gone and isn’t coming back save for the odd chance we get to beak cleanly, or more likely against poor opposition.

Get used to it I think, appreciate the scores when they do come and enjoy how well we now play defensively.

Our 2017 style didn’t work - let’s see if this does.

Been trying to work out what the hell you’ve been on about, then I saw that name: only poster I’ve ever put on ignore so the posts aren’t appearing!
That's a shame, Peter - I've quite liked your posts on here. That being said, I did have to stop following you on twitter, because it was too far right wing for me.

Not sure what outrageous opinion I had on here that would force you to block me - probably the only outrageous opinion I've held was believing the majority of booing Goodes received was from racists. A few probably blocked me then.

My "what the **** are you talking about" opinion is pretty clear.

You were calling Pyke a liar, over something you never actually heard.

You did a dozen posts about how Greenwood could only come in to replace an inside mid, when he CAME IN TO REPLACE A FORWARD.

You were clearly confused or had taken a head knock.

Half this thread is you complaining about things, the day after one of our great wins.

Mate, your bitterness about the club, it's decisions, the AFL, the umpires, the coaches - three quarters of everything you post is moans and complaints.

This board is INSANE how negative it can be.
And the hypocrite who complains about this argument continuing, continues it. You just couldn’t let it go could you?

You are focusing on my comment about Pyke telling porkies and yet ignore in the very same post ignore where I mention I’d like to see the context of Dons comments because he could have been referring to resting from the sanfl. Which it works out he was and the discussion i was having where I stated Greenwood was dropped I am correct in, that’s the real discussion not whether i think Don is a liar.

You the silly actually argued with me but agreed with me and you complain that I’m negative? * me drunk, can’t you see the irony?

As for Greenwood replacing a forward? He was the emergency and replaced a forward who injured himself in the warm up.

But all this is a side show, Greenwood was dropped, you’ve agreed with me. But yet you continue to argue. All because you can’t handle being proven to be an idiot, a hypocritical one at that and not for the first time.

Seriously, that umpiring. 3/4 time I realised I wasn't bitching about the umpiring anywhere near as much as I usually do. 90% of the frees we were paid, were certainly there, but how much did they miss for GWS?

I don't care about taking note of the frees the opposition miss out on, but I remember a Tex HTB that was let go, but didn't notice too much more. Is it because GWS go the Richmond road, high risk edge of the rules like hanging on, tunnelling, siting on backs, blocking etc, and offend so often, but actually get pinged for it?

Apart from Tex's definite holding the ball, any glaring pearlers that went our way? Mind you, the outrage and pants wetting on the Port board is worth way more than the advantage to us on the field.

May there be many more umpiring displays like this.

Yeah that was low.

I think we are in a stage at the moment where we are not that exciting to watch, not genuine contenders and not exactly full of young exciting players. I think those things combined makes it hard to give a ticket to someone if you cant go.

It is hard to quantify but the expense of going to a game shouldn't be ignored.

On the plus side we are winning.
I'm no economist but Adelaide Oval is a good 30-75% more expensive than what it was in 2014 when virtually every game was a sell-out. When you get 20% fewer people to the match but you charge them nearly twice as much, you're going to make much better profits. Capitalism usually rocks but sometimes it sucks as well. Here's to another final with an attendance of 53,500!

Seriously, that umpiring. 3/4 time I realised I wasn't bitching about the umpiring anywhere near as much as I usually do. 90% of the frees we were paid, were certainly there, but how much did they miss for GWS?

I don't care about taking note of the frees the opposition miss out on, but I remember a Tex HTB that was let go, but didn't notice too much more. Is it because GWS go the Richmond road, high risk edge of the rules like hanging on, tunnelling, siting on backs, blocking etc, and offend so often, but actually get pinged for it?

Apart from Tex's definite holding the ball, any glaring pearlers that went our way? Mind you, the outrage and pants wetting on the Port board is worth way more than the advantage to us on the field.

May there be many more umpiring displays like this.
Razor must have been sedated.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back