Play Nice Random Chat Thread: Episode III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I would reply with the same thing. For the same reason I think Selwood is a piece of ****. But Selwood is white so "that's fine".

Its not booing Goodes that matters. Its pretending booing him doesn't or didn't enable and give erections to some pretty unpleasant people. Same with LT.

Its not booing Goodes that matters. Its pretending booing him doesn't or didn't enable and give erections to some pretty unpleasant people. Same with LT.
Mmm. Voice of reason strikes again. /not s

People like to dogpile so yes I get that (I spent weeks dogpiling on bad opinions and reviews of the blooming Emoji Movie). It seems this has just snowballed into "I can't criticise someone for his work as a football player now because reasons that let you believe you know me as a person".

It’s easier to take this position and downgrade the response as “feeling bad” when it is a theoretical argument. When it’s you and younger people like you and your kids as targets, not so much.

I've been vilified for my age, my weight, my height, my mental health, and my sexuality. In the modern climate I also get vilified occasionally for being a white guy. It sucks. It might be the same, it might not be. Might be 'better', might be 'worse'. I still take the position that freedom of expression is tantamount to a functional and open society.

I honestly think that's an even worse take, respectfully. Everything we do or say enables some s**t head somewhere, or a collection thereof.

People like to dogpile so yes I get that (I spent weeks dogpiling on bad opinions and reviews of the blooming Emoji Movie). It seems this has just snowballed into "I can't criticise someone for his work as a football player now because reasons that let you believe you know me as a person".

The thing is though there are all these people claiming they only booed him because of his playing style which is fair enough, but the shitstorm of booing became epidemic when he decided to call out racism. I think there are plenty of people who are behind that excuse.

Last edited:
The thing is though there are all theses people claiming they only booed him because of his playing style which is fair enough, but the shitstorm of booing became epidemic when he decided to call or racism. I think they are plenty of people who his behind that excuse.
It's the old "Some idiot tried to eat glue out of the bottle so now we need a safety warning" consequence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been vilified for my age, my weight, my height, my mental health, and my sexuality. In the modern climate I also get vilified occasionally for being a white guy. It sucks. It might be the same, it might not be. Might be 'better', might be 'worse'. I still take the position that freedom of expression is tantamount to a functional and open society.

I honestly think that's an even worse take, respectfully. Everything we do or say enables some **** head somewhere, or a collection thereof.

Was your great, great grandfather hunted for his scalp so it could be cashed in for payment by the government? Was your great grandfather tricked into signing land away when he had no concept of land ownership? Was your grandmother stolen and forced into serving white people? Was your father unemployable because he had been displaced and in the space of three generations expected to fall inline with western capitalism, even though he wasn’t considered equal?

Don’t dare try to compare being old and overweight with what the indigenous people of our country have had to endure. Turn it up ffs.

I honestly think that's an even worse take, respectfully. Everything we do or say enables some **** head somewhere, or a collection thereof.

I didn't say don't boo. I just mean be aware of what you are doing.

And being villified cos you are white is no big deal. (Neither is being villified for being black if all it is is some s**t talking and its not coupled the entrenched bias and discrimination that still happens every day.)

Before political correctness became such a scourge I used to pick fruit around the riverina and there were towns people like me (ie black people) didn't go cos of the reputation those towns had for black people ending up dead. Either in a cell or found somewhere on the road.

That doesn't happen anymore. Those towns aren't like that any more and its a lot harder for cops to randomly murder people. Usually these days it'll provoke a riot.

Now maybe those two things aren't related but they seem that way to me.

You remember the password to that particular alias....

Some flog that drives a Mustang and scopes out his street ala Neighboourhood Watch has the IP address welded into his desktop laminex that IUB will never see the light of day unless he has moved I suppose

No one is stopping you from criticising him. Or booing. If the AFL actually ban it (on the back of booing the white jesus freak with the head like the guy in the anal garden gnome ad not Goodes btw) it'll be harder to enforce than banning the word flog.

Was your great, great grandfather hunted for his scalp so it could be cashed in for payment by the government? Was your great grandfather tricked into signing land away when he had no concept of land ownership? Was your grandmother stolen and forced into serving white people? Was your father unemployable because he had been displaced and in the space of three generations expected to fall inline with western capitalism, even though he wasn’t considered equal?

Don’t dare try to compare being old and overweight with what the indigenous people of our country have had to endure. Turn it up ffs.

I apologise for my suffering not being as bad as someone else's. Please tell me how I can make amends.

I didn't say don't boo. I just mean be aware of what you are doing.

I think most people are. They just don't care because they're pissed off.

I have aboriginal mates that I call black campaigners and they have aboriginal mates that they call black campaigners too!!!

There is a world of difference between mates who have earned the right to say things that would otherwise get them in a fight and someone who hasn't earned that right.

With people like that you know they respect you so those words don't mean anything in the face of that respect.

And I would reply with the same thing. For the same reason I think Selwood is a piece of ****. But Selwood is white so "that's fine".
Since being white is the norm, white people don't 'feel' like they're being booed because of their race. Aboriginal people are well aware they aren't the norm. As such good may well feel racist. Because a bunch of if was. To argue selwood and goides being booed has any equivalence is disingenuous. Ziebell asked us not to boo, he got it.

Nah, I actually like Steph Curry a lot. He's a remarkable talent, and makes the game that much more exciting to watch. But I also like the Kawhi Calm.
Anyway, like you say, it's just nice to see someone else win it for once. And because it's Canada, for the very first time, I love it. The whole country is abuzz right now.

I'm a massive Klay Thompson fan, but have no love for the Warriors.

Go Raptors!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back