Player Watch #12: Jy Simpkin - 2021 & 2022 Syd Barker Medalist - 2023 co captain with LMac - re-signed until end of 2029

Remove this Banner Ad

This is an excellent year, we unearthed several very important talents. By the end of the year, Simpkin would have established as a midfield with skills to complement the physicality of Ziebell and Cunnington and aggression of Anderson. Will become an elite player because of the other 3. LDU stepping up as a strong bodied explosive midfield in the mold of dangerfield, superstar. Thomas establishing at half forward for now, but we all know that he is a midfield jet, another superstar. If we can get Ahern to get back online then the year is a fantastic growth year. Zurhaar can develop into a midfielder as well, your explosive big bodied ones. We have a superstar line up in the making, blue collar, very physical and playing to our strength.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is an excellent year, we unearthed several very important talents. By the end of the year, Simpkin would have established as a midfield with skills to complement the physicality of Ziebell and Cunnington and aggression of Anderson. Will become an elite player because of the other 3. LDU stepping up as a strong bodied explosive midfield in the mold of dangerfield, superstar. Thomas establishing at half forward for now, but we all know that he is a midfield jet, another superstar. If we can get Ahern to get back online then the year is a fantastic growth year. Zurhaar can develop into a midfielder as well, your explosive big bodied ones. We have a superstar line up in the making, blue collar, very physical and playing to our strength.

That's a lot of superstars.

I think tonight was the third game in a row I’ve had him in our best three. He has put in a really impressive run of performances and looks like genuine midfield star for the future. And his ability to evade tackles is amazing.
Another young player that is now looking the goods.

So is he coming of age or was it Brad Scott holding him back

Been playing good footy for about 2 months since a one week stint in the VFL

At the start of the year I was wanting him as a crafty fwd didn’t feel he had the pace or the head to be a mid but geez he’s excelled in the last month, was everywhere tonight, already looks like a veteran mid, definitely doesn’t need that blistering pace with his clearance ability. Fk I haven’t been this excited about our youth since 1993.

He and Cunnington combined for 10 centre clearances tonight. It was like Tango and Cash in there.
Collingwood midfielders had 6 for the whole game. Absolute belting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back