• Hardwick

• Schofield

• Buckley

• Montgomery

• Other

• Carr

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Bassett gets his message across and is astute to picking players that can play but I will never forget how boring his Norwood wins were when he was coach. It was reminiscent of us last year. Too defensive and whilst it brought him success in the sanfl the ultra defensive teams have struggled to win afl flags. I don't know if I could handle him as coach.

I wonder if men like Francou, Carr, Montgomery and Schofield will be good but only Monty has a lot of afl assistant coaching experience. Clarkson was plucked from a year of afl assistant coaching? So maybe the above guys can do it too.

KT negotiated Hinkley's contract extension, a problem in itself because he's a terrible negotiator. The Board approved it.
My understanding is that the basic negotiation was done when Koch, KT and Chris Davies when and talked to Hinkley the week after the EF loss in 2017. KT might have drafted up the final contract conditions, but that meeting would have set out the fundamental terms of a new contract, and the reputed performance clause to trigger a 3rd year in 2021.

My understanding is that the basic negotiation was done when Koch, KT and Chris Davies when and talked to Hinkley the week after the EF loss in 2017. KT might have drafted up the final contract conditions, but that meeting would have set out the fundamental terms of a new contract, and the reputed performance clause to trigger a 3rd year in 2021.
Yes, that's my understanding of the situation. I believe there was a disconnect between what was discussed and the final contract. I've been told there were some inaccuracies, but the Board approved it anyway. I don't know the details, specifically, but have been told 2021 is a trigger year.

I mean his pedigree is pretty solid. Left Collingwood just before 2010 premiership, was at Geelong for 2011 premiership, Richmond for 2017 premiership. Definitely would be on the interview list.
Things at Richmond changed dramatically when he arrived. Whatever the case someone over there is making Hardwick look alot better than what he actually is.

I wouldn't be surprised if Adam Kingsley gets a gig soon. Is at Richmond after a number of years at the Saints and a few with Choco at Alberton. Done his dozen years as an assistant coach.

Yes, that's my understanding of the situation. I believe there was a disconnect between what was discussed and the final contract. I've been told there were some inaccuracies, but the Board approved it anyway. I don't know the details, specifically, but have been told 2021 is a trigger year.
Bloody hell what a stuff up if what you were told is correct.

Things at Richmond changed dramatically when he arrived. Whatever the case someone over there is making Hardwick look alot better than what he actually is.
The way he's written about is a bit Phil Walsh-esque, and we could frankly do one of those

Yep I’ve also read some good things about him.
They changed their game plan when he arrived. Maybe it’s a coincidence but they stopped chipping the ball around across half back and now move the ball on much quicker. Their pressure is very good.

The way I see it, we can go down the ‘experienced’ senior assistant path or the ‘junior up and comer’ path.

The first option probably gives more immediate success but there probably will be greater cost and a chance that assistant form doesn’t translate to senior form. This option also means a turnover of assistants and support staff.
Caracella, Ratten, etc fall into this category.

The second is higher risk. It means picking a relative unknown. This will mean a struggle initially as there will be some learning on the job. This has worked at the Tigers, Collingwood and Hawks. This has failed at port, Lions, North, Gold Coast and I’m sure there are others. The advantage here is lower cost, less of an initial need to turn over personnel and the potential for whole club investment over a period of years. Schofield fits into this group.

For me Caracella and Ratten are the stand outs. They should come in and shake things up, bring some of their own staff and provide a truly different approach.

On a side note, I’m intrigued to hear that Voss is mentioned as a potential for senior coach at North, Carlton and the Saints. What are we missing here?

On a side note, I’m intrigued to hear that Voss is mentioned as a potential for senior coach at North, Carlton and the Saints. What are we missing here?
The media like Vossy and largely don’t care if these clubs win premierships?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NFI, but if another dumpster fire club wants to poach Voss and inadvertently free up some of our soft-cap space to sack Hinkley, I'm all for it.

The way I see it, we can go down the ‘experienced’ senior assistant path or the ‘junior up and comer’ path.

The first option probably gives more immediate success but there probably will be greater cost and a chance that assistant form doesn’t translate to senior form. This option also means a turnover of assistants and support staff.
Caracella, Ratten, etc fall into this category.

The second is higher risk. It means picking a relative unknown. This will mean a struggle initially as there will be some learning on the job. This has worked at the Tigers, Collingwood and Hawks. This has failed at port, Lions, North, Gold Coast and I’m sure there are others. The advantage here is lower cost, less of an initial need to turn over personnel and the potential for whole club investment over a period of years. Schofield fits into this group.

For me Caracella and Ratten are the stand outs. They should come in and shake things up, bring some of their own staff and provide a truly different approach.

How lazy journalists are.

Ok, I am moving on. I am dreaming of a new start and new head coach. Should we go internal? Should we target a big name? Should we target a fresh / younger generation coach? Do we try an old school Port Adelaide past player?

My current position is to target a fresh / younger generation coach with proven premiership credentials. Hodge looks committed to Brisbane, but someone like him. With few years experience as an assistant. Also bring in an experienced senior mentor poached from a club who just expects and bleeds results with strong culture last 5 years...Sydney, Geelong, Richmond.

For the game against West Lakes, the next in line is Voss.

If we fire Hinkley, Voss, and Bassett; then, it would be Schofield.

That’s not how these things work.

Let’s for a moment say Hinkley is moved on in the next month. He, Voss,and Bassett are virtually a package, and I think the club would want and need to move on philosophically from the Hinkley era and have a look at omeone without that baggage.

The next in line would be a person who’s willing and able to move the club forward with a whole new philosophy, and at least in the interim that would be Schofield or Montgomery, or a combination of both. But my guess and my pick would be Schofield.

Schofield and Monty, I'd be fine with either. Though, both have head coach aspirations so picking one might mean losing the other or they move into a director of coaching role.

They both fit the criteria for me though - relatively young but experienced, hungry, intense and carry themselves in a way that brings respect.

Schofield and Monty, I'd be fine with either. Though, both have head coach aspirations so picking one might mean losing the other or they move into a director of coaching role.

They both fit the criteria for me though - relatively young but experienced, hungry, intense and carry themselves in a way that brings respect.

Yeah it’s a fresh slate if we pick one of them. I’m starting to get the feeling some of our issues at the minute might be related to too many coaches in their own right in the box at the minute.

We need someone with energy too, did you see Ken in TV, he looks cooked, meanwhile Beverage seems passionate.

We need some passion back too,
Ken looks like he’s treading water waiting for the inevitable.

I think Schoey & Monty are both excellent candidates with plenty of upside. But then again, the local primary school u9s coach would be an upgrade on Ken Zero.

Someone who will drag this club from mediocrity, someone who would go through this list and weed out the imposters, the blokes only playing for money, the blokes who have for the past 5 years let the club down in big games.

Someone who will develop our skills, someone who wont hand out gold passes, someone with a f*ucking game plan that doesn't involve kicking to the boundary.

Someone who will have a crack at press conferences when we get reamed by the umps.

Sam Mitchell

I've been waiting for an excuse to use this image...

bdd.jpg

Back