List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we need hill and Langdon with billing’s on a wing already?

I don’t rate Langdon to be honest and want to keep pick 3 so it’s a no from me

Fair but I still think HF is Billings best position imo.

I really think Acres could be worth persisting with with a new coach. If we used Langdon like we use Acres would be be an upgrade? Langdon is the same age so it's not like one has more growth potential due to age. If we stuck Langgers in seven positions and made him play roles would he be any different? He's C to B grade and not really what we need. Hill if he doesn't cost too much at least is very good.

I still think you get elite players in the draft and at the top end especially. I hate trading away the future for short term gain. We have been doing it for 8 years and we are still a long way off.
There are plenty of different ways you can get elite players.

I can't agree that we have been trading away our future. Not since 2011-12 anyway.

We've traded our first round pick twice since then.

One time got us Carlisle and Gresham

The other got us Clark, Battle and Long.

Both very good deals for our future.

There was also plenty of talk that we tried to split our picks in 2014. Looking back at it I wish we did. We could have ended up with Degoey and Wright instead of Paddy.

Last edited:

I can't agree that we have been trading away our future. Not since 2011-12 anyway.

There was also plenty of talk that we tried to split our picks in 2014. Looking back at it I wish we did. We could have ended up with Degoey and Wright instead of Paddy.

Facts v emotions Bird man.

Someone the other day was bemoaning that we’re ‘always’ trading down.

Another good one is that we ‘haven’t drafted a mid since Ross’.

Or ‘we’ll just take another HBF’

We’re all hurting but there is rarely any real analysis of where the club has actually stuffed up.

Hint: we have no elite players in their prime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Clark/ Battle and Long deal is held up but Jai Simpkin, Powell-Pepper, Withereden, English and Hayward were all there at that pick and would have ben 12 month of development further in.

Battle would have been able to be picked anyway, he was a slider. Long has been a disappointment to me. He might make it but he's looking like a fringe player.

Carlisle trade worked our because of Gresham but has been a disappointment in that he's not played a lot of footy and looks likely to run off once he claimed the cash.

Clark might have been there at the next pick anyway.

Facts v emotions Bird man.

Someone the other day was bemoaning that we’re ‘always’ trading down.

Another good one is that we ‘haven’t drafted a mid since Ross’.

Or ‘we’ll just take another HBF’

We’re all hurting but there is rarely any real analysis of where the club has actually stuffed up.

Hint: we have no elite players in their prime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Facts are that we have drafted/traded as badly as any side in history since the early 2000s. I'm pleased you can see the bright side but I'm actually pissed off with the mismanagement.

The Clark/ Battle and Long deal is held up but Jai Simpkin, Powell-Pepper, Withereden, English and Hayward were all there at that pick and would have ben 12 month of development further in.

Battle would have been able to be picked anyway, he was a slider. Long has been a disappointment to me. He might make it but he's looking like a fringe player.

Carlisle trade worked our because of Gresham but has been a disappointment in that he's not played a lot of footy and looks likely to run off once he claimed the cash.

What pick would we have been able to get Battle with?

The fact we got Gresham with 18 proves my point that splitting picks in an even draft isn't always a bad move. But i'm sure you'd the prefer Francis.

You are worried about trading out our future yet would prefer SPP over three players as he'd be 12 months ahead of Clark. Doesnt make sense.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm struggling to see how we replace a lot of the players I expect to go at the end of the year, with picks of 4, 55, 71 & 76

Probably out:
Newnes, Roberton, Longer, Armitage, Brown, White, McCartin, Rice, Rowe

Dunstan, Carlisle & Gears OOC but you'd expect all of them to be retained?

I guess Wilkie gets upgraded, but we're going to need to find 4 or so free agents.

I'm struggling to see how we replace a lot of the players I expect to go at the end of the year, with picks of 4, 55, 71 & 76

Probably out:

I guess Wilkie gets upgraded, but we're going to need to find 4 or so free agents.
Rowe won't need since he was a supplementary pick up due to Roberton going on the Long term injury list.
I also expect Marsh to be added to the actual list as well.

Probably out:

Marsh and Wilkie will both be upgraded.

If Newnes leaves that's another draft pick.

If we hadn't trained with the Hawks we might have got Simkin, who would be very handy in our midfield now. But if we'd taken Powell-Pepper for example we'd have been not much better than we are now.
Long...to me is a guy from the VFL who had played some impressive finals. I'm totally pissed we didn't take one of the three taken immediately after him, Parfitt, Fisher, Lipinski .

I can't agree that Battle would have been there at 49. He had already slid , but that doesn't mean he'd slide forever.
Surely Melbourne would have taken him ahead of Mitch Hannan.

Probably out:

If we choose to keep any of Rowe, Mayo or Marsh , we need to take a similar number off our list.

So Rowe leaves - no replacement.
So, lets say we keep Marsh. He can go on the rookie list, and we elevate Wilkie and De-list Roberton.
as already stated. Newnes gives us a pick if he leaves.
If Longer retires ( if he has to ) - Elevate Parker. ( if not for medical reasons, i'd keep Longer for backup ).
Armitage needs to retire. - First round draft pick.
McCartin - third round pick.
Rice - -- Biggy

Do we keep Brown, he's still in good form? Do we upgrade Joyce?

I don't think it'll be a huge dilemma at end of year.
We can top up some rookies from the state leagues, though teams have been going through them with a fine tooth comb lately.

Kelly was a lot closer than most think
Saints dropped out when he performed less than impressively in the all important raisin toast eating trials.

Something to do with his old style anti concussion helmet I believe 🤔

etiskl.jpg

If Longer retires ( if he has to ) - Elevate Parker. ( if not for medical reasons, i'd keep Longer for backup ).

Rice - -- Biggy

Do we keep Brown, he's still in good form? Do we upgrade Joyce?

We can top up some rookies from the state leagues, though teams have been going through them with a fine tooth comb lately.
I think Parker is already on the main list.

I hope we move Brown on, but it wouldn't surprise me if they give him another year, I'd be happy for Joyce to stay on the rookie list at this stage. Hopefully Austin gets his body right and gives us an option.

I think Parker is already on the main list.

I hope we move Brown on, but it wouldn't surprise me if they give him another year, I'd be happy for Joyce to stay on the rookie list at this stage. Hopefully Austin gets his body right and gives us an option.
Yeah i got Parker wrong.
Not sure how long Joyce can stay there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back