Unofficial Preview 2019 AFL Grand Final: Carlton v Adelaide: Banter Thread: Carlton Supporters Welcome...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loladelaide may well get over the top of us this week, these guys are legit playing for their careers (and I thought I saw some tired Blues legs out there against GCS).
It is laughable However, that somehow moving forward these guys seem to see upside vs the undeniable future of the Blues.

Almost without exception the starting 22 is without upside or in decline. Walker? Jenkins? Betts? Douglas? Lol.
But wait what about the few kids on the list? Can’t get a kick in bush league SANFL. Are you serious?
Trade options? MCrouch, late first round tops! No shortage of inside mids in the comp who can’t use the footy, look at what Lyons cost. Laird?, ha ha, days are gone where you play the totally unaccountable hb role. Found out big time. Late first tops if you can convince a sucker to take him.

Nothing to trade and no kids on the way. Dark times await.

Drops Mic

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Dude... you cannot make excuses ahead of a game for your players (who are apparently tiring)... and then drop mic.

Was a shame for Gold Coast last week just falling short. They are all but assured to do a Carlton this year for the first time in their club history. Carlton being the by word for wooden spooner :p

I don't think many Adelaide supporters will care what you do next year, as long as you continue to suck for the rest of this season. Personally though, I don't see a charge up the ladder coming for Carlton but you never know, another year of development into Murphy, Simpson, Kreuzer, Jones, Lobbe, Fasolo, Phillips, Ed Curnow, Thomas, Phillips and the like might be all that is needed.
by the look of the state of the crows list and dubious trades and long term contracts, clearly the crows fans and media don't see a lot of things coming..

Apparently, this is vintage and part of someone's collection he's flogging on eBay...
Well we're in the future now, I'm struggling to see what's so bright about the now for you. Maybe the cows should wear sunny's when they play! :cool:

dr780m.jpg

Vintage at Carlton on the other hand....

We won two flags within four years of that campaign. So yeah, whatever.

Carlton must be really confident this current crop of players is different to that time they got...

Pick 9 - Jordan Russell
Pick 1 - Marc Murphy
Pick 4 - Josh Kennedy (traded... whoops!)
Pick 20 - Paul Bower
Pick 1 - Bryce Gibbs
Pick 17 - Shaun Hampson
Pick 19 - Shaun Grigg
Pick 1 - Matthew Kreuzer
Pick 3 - Traded for Chris Judd
Pick 20 - Traded for Chris Judd
Pick 6 - Chris Yarran
Pick 12 - Kane Lucas
Pick 11 - Traded for Brock McLean

fu** that was an elite rebuild between 2004 and 2009. Stars on every line

We were premiership favourites during 2012 with that list, but we ended up missing the finals that year (due to injury) and sacked our coach in the same season. We were expected to improve on our 2011 season and ended up going backwards, this was unacceptable. Generally, we look at any point in time where we appear to be going backwards as a time for change, regardless of past performance. Our weakness is we demand success at any cost.

The crows on the other hand accept coaches who refuse to drop embarrassingly soft players like Walker, Mckay, Atkins, embarrassing defeats, embarrassing grand final performances followed by missing finals with old lists and their jobs are safe as houses. Going backwards year on year is not just tolerated, but the fans are the ones making all the excuses!

Carlton have balls, we just needed to find the right formula in this heavily manipulated competition. The crows are meek, they play it safe and just hope the competition weakens at some point so their middling club can poke its head up at the right time a hopefully stumble on some success

what does this mean in practice? Yeah if carlton aren't winning flags, they will likely be bottom. High risk, high reward and demanding of success is generally embraced at our club.

The crows? well they are more than likely going to be the safe club hovering around the middle of the ladder. But at least the powers that be are happy with membership numbers

Last edited:
Carlton must be really confident this current crop of players is different to that time they got...

Pick 9 - Jordan Russell
Pick 1 - Marc Murphy
Pick 4 - Josh Kennedy (traded... whoops!)
Pick 20 - Paul Bower
Pick 1 - Bryce Gibbs
Pick 17 - Shaun Hampson
Pick 19 - Shaun Grigg
Pick 1 - Matthew Kreuzer
Pick 3 - Traded for Chris Judd
Pick 20 - Traded for Chris Judd
Pick 6 - Chris Yarran
Pick 12 - Kane Lucas
Pick 11 - Traded for Brock McLean

fu** that was an elite rebuild between 2004 and 2009. Stars on every line

Can you remind me what your first round players have done for the cows during that time/snapshot of yours?
I'm all ears!

you do know where the odds are derived?..market confidence is a main driver of the odds..in simple terms just for you, that means punters putting more money on the crows than carlton to win the game. So the wider public (who could be wrong) believe Carlton go into their remaining games as underdogs. very simple concept to understand
We have a
2nd tier comps don't count
you saying your pathetic underachievers have won 2 second tier comp flags.

We have a

you saying your pathetic underachievers have won 2 second tier comp flags.
No. We won 2 AFL flags. VFL was in no way comparable to AFL standard until they started importing SA and WA players en masse in the 70s

Hilarious hearing Carlton supporters criticizing our lack of success.

Carlton have had ONE top 4 finish since 1995!

We have had more recent grand final wins, more grand final wins, more recent grand final appearances, more grand final appearances, more finals appearances, more prelim appearances, more minor premierships, more top 4 finishes, and an overall higher win percentage since Carlton's last flag.

In that period we are undoubtedly more successful by such a massive margin it's idiotic to criticize us for success

Can you remind me what your first round players have done for the cows during that time/snapshot of yours?
I'm all ears!
Richard Douglas
James Sellar
Patrick Dangerfield
Phil Davis
John Meesen
Daniel Talia

Most of them ****ed off to other clubs. Danger played some good footy here though. Talia and Douglas both won best and fairests.

OMG.

Please tell me that you don't actually think Bryce Gibbs (who is heavily in debt) left for less money to reluctantly return home to Adelaide.

You must be one of those same posters who think Carlton are paying Mitch McGovern a million dollars per season.

According to your own supporters he was on a massively front loaded deal at Carlton.

So he's more than likely getting more than he was at the end of his deal at Carlton, but the overall figure must be lower because Walker publicly stated that Gibbs is getting paid less at Adelaide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back