EDFL Premier Div 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
so which one of these 3 temas are going to last Glenroy, Avondale Heights or Airport West ?

Round 17 AH V APW will decide it, I can’t see either winning any other games, Glenroy might pinch a win, to make them safe

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Round 17 AH V APW will decide it, I can’t see either winning any other games, Glenroy might pinch a win, to make them safe

AH to play EDS again and beat them first time round so AH might give themselves a chance. Can't see APW winning another game so if AH don't beat EDS then R17 will be like a GF for both sides and be worth a trip to Canning St. to watch. Both sides have been reasonably competitive compared to previous seasons where there has been a standout bottom side so one side will consider themselves unlucky.

Disappointing so far out that Grand Final looks a 2-horse race. I thought PV would be the big challenger with their off-season recruits but a change of coach hasn't removed their insecurities i.e. draw with Glenroy and getting hammered by SM last week when they were favourites. Sorry Turbs but no use being competitive with the big boys if you don't win the games you should win.

Can we have a year where a mid-fielder doesn't win the B&F? I know Foster went close a couple of years ago (and probably deserved to win) but I think another CHB has a huge chance this year - Clark from MP. Dominated some games and would be a worthy winner.

I think EDS are travelling better ATM and I’m tipping they’ll knock offers the Mores round 18.
Which might see them missing finals EDS would love that

Totally understand your opinion. Foster out on Saturday was a huge loss, but no excuses as it was a convincing win to the Mores. Knew they would come out hard after losing the week before but still expected Pacco to beat them easy.
Pacco definitely improving from recent seasons which is important. I still think on there day they can compete against the top 2 but Keilor & Abers at this point a class above mainly due to consistency across the board and good depth. Pacco’s game v Abers will tell how close they are as they have been close in all games against Keilor & Abers this season.

I agree with your thoughts on Clark from Marby. Early in the season when I watched Pacco dismantle Marby I predicted Clark is a genuine chance. Tall, versatile player who moves around the ground like a midfielder and uses the ball well. More a rebounding type but can play ruck also. Star of the competition no doubt..

Totally understand your opinion. Foster out on Saturday was a huge loss, but no excuses as it was a convincing win to the Mores. Knew they would come out hard after losing the week before but still expected Pacco to beat them easy.
Pacco definitely improving from recent seasons which is important. I still think on there day they can compete against the top 2 but Keilor & Abers at this point a class above mainly due to consistency across the board and good depth. Pacco’s game v Abers will tell how close they are as they have been close in all games against Keilor & Abers this season.

I agree with your thoughts on Clark from Marby. Early in the season when I watched Pacco dismantle Marby I predicted Clark is a genuine chance. Tall, versatile player who moves around the ground like a midfielder and uses the ball well. More a rebounding type but can play ruck also. Star of the competition no doubt..
Clarke has dominated in even games Marby has lost. Last time against Pacco when Marby were decimated by injuries he was forced into the ruck and played there for 6 weeks. Must catch umpires eye with those sure hands averaging 8 marks a game, although given the terrible standard of umpiring nothing would surprise

Clarke has dominated in even games Marby has lost. Last time against Pacco when Marby were decimated by injuries he was forced into the ruck and played there for 6 weeks. Must catch umpires eye with those sure hands averaging 8 marks a game, although given the terrible standard of umpiring nothing would surprise

The advantage Clarke has is can play ruck, key forward or key back. Pretty sure prior to coming to local footy he was a key hit up forward/ruck. However at Marby has played predominantly as a key rebounding defender.

Foster from Pacco and Liam Ogden Will poll well.

Blackwell from Abers is a known vote getter.

Who will pop up from Keilor? Galea might even be a rough chance..

I think EDS are travelling better ATM and I’m tipping they’ll knock offers the Mores round 18.
Which might see them missing finals EDS would love that

EDS have been going ok but they need to kick straight, they can’t afford to keep on kicking points. Just like Keilor last weekend, they were lucky the weight of possession got them over the line.

The advantage Clarke has is can play ruck, key forward or key back. Pretty sure prior to coming to local footy he was a key hit up forward/ruck. However at Marby has played predominantly as a key rebounding defender.

Foster from Pacco and Liam Ogden Will poll well.

Blackwell from Abers is a known vote getter.

Who will pop up from Keilor? Galea might even be a rough chance..
Stevenson, Barbuto or even Stillman. He has stood out since joining the club

Stevenson, Barbuto or even Stillman. He has stood out since joining the club

Stevenson’s been a let down for a no.1 recruit is the word out of Keilor. Bit like Clarke, beats up on the lesser teams.
See how he goes at the business end.
Keilor like most clubs sign supposed quality for two seasons, presuming Stevenson there for two New?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Stevenson’s been a let down for a no.1 recruit is the word out of Keilor. Bit like Clarke, beats up on the lesser teams.
Keilor like most clubs sign supposed quality for two seasons, presuming Stevenson there for two New?

I can assure you the word out of Keilor is that they are very happy with Stevenson and his contribution all year. He will only continue to get better and likely to show his full value come Finals time when it matters.

Not sure Clarke beats up on the lesser teams only. He gives his all each week in a side that’s been a bit inconsistent due to injuries. But he always stands up. Imagine him in a top 3 side.

Not sure Clarke beats up on the lesser teams only. He gives his all each week in a side that’s been a bit inconsistent due to injuries. But he always stands up. Imagine him in a top 3 side.

Think he was referring to Keilor’s Clark.
Bloke has kicked a goal in every game this year, not a bad effort... apart from Watson not sure any other forward in the comp can say that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate u have to get on div1 big footy look at my last post lol

Mate u have to get on div1 big footy look at my last post lol

Hey mate, they have banned me from div1 thread and now look at that forum. It’s turned to rubbish. 😂
As I said that division has been compromised and tarnished for this season and it’s got worse due to ladder positions. How the league allowed this to happen without no action taken is beyond belief. The league should be investigated by AFL Vic otherwise just scrap the whole system.

Anyway let’s focus on premier league where all clubs play within the rules. I bet Avondale would like to be treated the same as that club in div1 as it might allow them to field a better side and not be in the position they are in now. However unfortunately not all clubs are treated equal. They could have ignored the rules in the early rounds and maybe got a couple of wins or improved % to help there ladder position. But no they did the right thing and have integrity and respect.

Hey mate, they have banned me from div1 thread and now look at that forum. It’s turned to rubbish.
As I said that division has been compromised and tarnished for this season and it’s got worse due to ladder positions. How the league allowed this to happen without no action taken is beyond belief. The league should be investigated by AFL Vic otherwise just scrap the whole system.

Anyway let’s focus on premier league where all clubs play within the rules. I bet Avondale would like to be treated the same as that club in div1 as it might allow them to field a better side and not be in the position they are in now. However unfortunately not all clubs are treated equal. They could have ignored the rules in the early rounds and maybe got a couple of wins or improved % to help there ladder position. But no they did the right thing and have integrity and respect.

All Premier clubs play within the rules do they, really you must be joking

Think he was referring to Keilor’s Clark.
Bloke has kicked a goal in every game this year, not a bad effort... apart from Watson not sure any other forward in the comp can say that

Yeh sorry was referring to Keilor’s Clarke.
It was the word from the NFL forum his poor output against better sides. Especially in finals.
Recruit a CHF you’d be wanting him to have a presence. He doesn’t.
Goal in every game, good on him. Multiple goals against the lesser teams.
How’d he go today?

Yeh sorry was referring to Keilor’s Clarke.
It was the word from the NFL forum his poor output against better sides. Especially in finals.
Recruit a CHF you’d be wanting him to have a presence. He doesn’t.
Goal in every game, good on him. Multiple goals against the lesser teams.
How’d he go today?

Clark has been a great asset for Keilor, plays a very selfless role for the team, does a lot of work up the ground to create space for galea. Structurally a much better side with him than without.
Your mail on Stevenson is well off to, the bloke has been named in keilors best every game but 3. McGregor doing his knee and Walters form up and down he has played a lot more in the ruck than they would have intended him to before the season

Clark has been a great asset for Keilor, plays a very selfless role for the team, does a lot of work up the ground to create space for galea. Structurally a much better side with him than without.
Your mail on Stevenson is well off to, the bloke has been named in keilors best every game but 3. McGregor doing his knee and Walters form up and down he has played a lot more in the ruck than they would have intended him to before the season

Not having a crack at either players local as we see opposition players two times a year so how could I rate them.
Simply going on word from Keilor people who watch every week.
Can I ask again, how did Clarke go today against the bottom side?

Not having a crack at either players local as we see opposition players two times a year so how could I rate them.

The team kick 22 and Clark kicked 4 which would be expected to be fair.
Has been an excellent recruit from NFL and will now be a long term Keilor player. Don’t spread rubbish, when you clearly have no idea. On and off field he has been fantastic in a year and a half at his new club

He kicked 4. You’d expect your forwards to kick more goals against the lesser teams. Ball spends more time in forward half.
Kicked 6 against Glenroy when Galea was out and they needed someone to step up, don’t think that makes him someone who beats up on lower teams

He kicked 4. You’d expect your forwards to kick more goals against the lesser teams. Ball spends more time in forward half.
Kicked 6 against Glenroy when Galea was out and they needed someone to step up, don’t think that makes him someone who beats up on lower teams

Are you backing up my argument with the Glenroy game?

The vibe last night back at the Abers club that they have that much depth this year that they will drive deep into the heart of Keilor heart next Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back