Discussion 2019 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I'm still not buying the whole transperancy thing.

What other corporations do that?

In the end you can have 5 independent assessors put their recommendations forward and the club will go on their prefetred candidate if they want to.

Yay it keeps a few members happy.
It appears we see this from different perspectives.
That’s fine.
I’ve always been an advocate for transparency as I see it providing better outcomes.
Primarily keeping the process honest.
What’s the phrase?
“Not only should it be done, but it should be seen to be done”.
Or something.

It appears we see this from different perspectives.
That’s fine.
I’ve always been an advocate for transparency as I see it providing better outcomes.
Primarily keeping the process honest.
What’s the phrase?
“Not only should it be done, but it should be seen to be done”.
Or something.
of course. And I actually don't disagree with the premise of your argument.

Let's be honest, theirs a lot of spin and weasel words from clubs.

"extensive and thourough"... By who's standards? It can be interpreted in many ways.

The to way to judge if a club has or hasn't is if they spell out the criteria or terms of reference etc.

Otherwise it's all window dressing IMO.

North had 3 alternatives on their list and all three declined.

Next step is to consider assistants. Once again, if they haven't at least sounded out possible candidates they deserve to fail.

It looks like they soon realised they had their man and pulled the trigger.

Don't be surprised if the same happens with us. As I see it there aren't any better credentialed assistant available.

The big 3 aren't moving to why waste time hoping they will?

I see the argument of what's the rush? For me it's like proposing to a girl then wanting to date others just to make sure you're making the right selection...

Sometimes you have to be smart enough to see the opportunity in front of you and Co for it. IMO.

You know the irony is that the day after we had been discussing it, I ran into an old family friend who had been in real estate for years and recently retired. Some how out of nowhere he said he'd changed firms several times and never done an interview, he'd been head hunted every time. I so wanted to get back on and gloat to you but I decided it made me look petty...so I held my pettiness until it looked like someone else bought it up so I could pretend to have dignity.

Also have a mate who is in marketing and he's been head hunted for every role he's been in since he was about 25, my mate who's at Google was approached at a seminar he was speaking at and hired. You just don't know good enough people.

No one has head hunted me yet.;(

I have;)

That's fine.

Hope you didn't get third degree burns from the "heat".

What does everyone think of Duursma’s shenanigans? Personally I don’t mind them. The actual bow and arrow thing is lame, but the idea of out there celebrations and young players enjoying themselves is a good thing i reckon. Shows a bit of confidence in themselves and their place at AFL level.

I love it. I like watching the human element of sport & the emotion that goes with it. They aren’t robots.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee this season is unbelievably even. Who would of thought Port actually turn up on the Bombers home deck

Saw the final score about 10 mins ago....last time I checked Port were keeping a 2-3 goal buffer.

It's the final score that shocked me.

But.....Port have had extreme wins/losses just about every 2nd week for the whole season.

Saw the final score about 10 mins ago....last time I checked Port were keeping a 2-3 goal buffer.

It's the final score that shocked me.

But.....Port have had extreme wins/losses just about every 2nd week for the whole season.
They are such a weird team this year Port.

I’m struggling to think of a more hot and cold team from memory.

When they are on, they look unbeatable: in fact no team looks like they can go with them.

But when they are off, forget it, they look awful.

Must be infuriating for supporters.

If Shaw was the best available after North’s extensive search either their system is flawed or every other potential coach is behind him.
And I believe the latter like I believe my s**t smells of rainbow sherbet

Mmmmmmm...................rainbow sherbet!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back