Bluemour Discussion Thread XVII - Coniglio means Rabbit in Italian!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Impossible to say at this stage. Club is somewhat confident whatever that means 🤷‍♂️. Keep in mind the season hasn't even finished yet so a lot to play out.

Seems like players are in a way stringing clubs along for longer these days?

Obviously from their point of view they might genuinely be 50/50 and want to keep all their options open.

No doubt indications from Papley camp to Carlton have been positive so far...but there were a number of clubs 'confident' on landing Shiel last year, North thought they had Gaff/Martin etc.

Another one the club is confident on, but I think it might be a similar situation as Shiel where multiple clubs were very confident they would be getting him (we thought Shiel was 100% coming for example).

Given what Essendon had to give up for him in the end, possibly a blessing in disguise in hindsight.

Though adding Shiel to our team with his hard running would make our midfield look incredibly strong.
Murph can't go on too much longer in such good form you'd think, so Shiel would have been a good replacement as that hard running, link up midfielder.

Voss will not coach carlton everyone will be happy with the outcome.
Ok so not in the capacity as a coach but he is still coming to carlton ?

re coniglio and shiel situation, I think once you make the huge emotional leap to part ways with your club and best friends, that you become somewhat mercenary in your decision making and the two "pulls" are obviously money and chances of success. I believe we will be leading the race on the $'s side and that just leaves the success side of the equation. Unlike last year where Shiel could not see where we were heading under Bolton, Coniglio would have a much higher opinion of our chances going forward. I would say that we would be judged about equal with the hawks- simply because they have clarkson and we dont, but our clearly better group of young players would put us ahead IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re coniglio.

I spoke to the father of a GWS player on the weekend and he said Coniglio is leaving. Unlikely Carlton as he will go to the highest bidder.

Re coniglio.

I spoke to the father of a GWS player on the weekend and he said Coniglio is leaving. Unlikely Carlton as he will go to the highest bidder.
thought that was us?

Re coniglio.

I think Cogs will stay at the Giants but I would be very surprised if there is a club out there willing to offer a better deal financially than we are.

Confident we will be "the highest bidder".

Re coniglio.

We are the highest bidder according to this ...

Carlton is understood to be prepared to be the top bidder at $1.3 million a year, with Hawthorn’s offer coming in at around $1.1 million.
The GWS offer is not too far behind, likely to be around seven figures given the club has rapidly overhauled its salary cap picture.

St Kilda has also thrown a significant offer at Coniglio, but he seems reluctant to move to Moorabbin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back