• Sydney Stack

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Liam Baker

Votes: 10 4.0%
  • Mabior Chol

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

had to watch the game delayed today due to unforeseen circumstances so was just reading the game day thread and none of you campaigners congratulated Jiewoldt on his great run-down tackle... disappointed...

shocking quality game, but that's what you expect in circumstances like today's match. on to next week.

Ross was pic,,,
Thought Chol was ineffectual...no impact!
Short bombed long which worked once for Cut Lunch!
Stack was a butter fingers...
JR just lost it...
agree with everything except chol, although he struggled he did lay quite a few important tackles and moved quickly around the ground which is something l believe soldo would’ve struggled with today, l think that’s what the coaching staff thought when they picked him. Our smalls struggled today, so many fumbles, which negates the reason to have them in the first place. Edwards was so clean again, ross and graham were super today. JR struggled, same as lynch.
That was a good win considering our forward line didn’t fire, that was partly because we fluffed the ball too much instead of getting it in the forward line quickly.

Workman like is the only way to describe the game today. Opened up a first half lead and then a combination of them tightening up and us not taking our chances kept them at arms length and with a sniff of stealing a win.

Positives:
- The Jacks Graham & Ross stood up and filled the void left by Cotchin and Martin missing from the midfield. Graham hit the scoreboard early on and then was more defensive in the second half. Ross looked like he hadn't misses a beat in the first half and then naturally ran out of petrol in the second half a little but will be better for the run. Having Martin Cotchin Ross Graham & Prestia in the middle next week is an enticing prospect.

- Defensive unit is so well organised they just seamlessly move from opponent to opponent regardless of the situation. Vlastuin has stepped up into a real leader down back along with Grimes, while Baker after some shakiness early is becoming more sure about himself.

- Midfield dominance smashed the Blues 13-4 in the centre clearances and while they got us on the stoppages around the ground it was our ability to get first hands on it in the middle that allowed us to gain easy entries into the F50. Need to be on it again next week against the Eagles

Negatives:
- The weather, haven't been that cold at the footy in years. Thankfully that should be the last time for a while.

Changes:
Hard calls are going to be made this week, with Dusty and Cotchin due back next week against the Eagles and as harsh as it is I can see Stack and Rioli being the unlucky ones to miss out.

Out - Rioli Stack
In - Cotchin Martin

B: Astbury Broad Grimes
HB: Houli Vlastuin Short
C: Ellis Cotchin Edwards
HF: Bolton Castagna Lambert
F: Lynch Martin Riewoldt
R: Nankervis Ross Prestia
INT: Graham Baker Caddy Chol
Grigg basically said Soldo for Chol.
I'll go with his gut feel on this.

Said Soldo is great in the ruck, and Nank up forward (mobile) and thinks this is how Dimma will go next week.

Last edited:
Ok, I haven't read any of this thread yet but correct me if I'm wrong, we're locked in for an interstate QF now. The only way of getting Geelong "away" is extremely remote, it would require...

Geelong would have to beat Brisbane at the Gabba

West Coast would have to beat Richmond at the G

Adelaide would have to beat Collingwood.

...The likelihood of all that happening is less than 5% IMO
I’m the opposite, I think it’s almost certain we’ll play Cats?
We Beat at least one of WCE and Lions, Lions beat Cats at home.
All four sides on 16 wins.

I have to laugh at some of these posts.

3 pages in and I feel like we got done by 50.

Just remember this;
West Coast beat them by 4 points less than us under the roof last week and were not missing 2 x Brownlow medalists.

Just keep some perspective, it was pi**ing rain most of the day.

Yeah there were things we could do better but let's not act like the sky has fallen in.
This!

Was at the game today haven’t seen oppo flogs get into tige supporters like the couple did today when scum got within five goals in the third in a long time.
They got laughed out of the g by all the tige supporters around them. It’s like sit down ya flogs you go for scum. Hope I never see scum play September footy in my lifetime again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How much game time did Chol play?

Anyway, I suggest:

Out: Chol, Baker, Bolton, Short
In: Soldo, Cotchin, Martin, McIntosh

Grimes, Astbury, Vlastuin
Houli, Broad, Stack
Ellis, Cotchin, Lambert
Caddy, Riewoldt, Edwards
Castagna, Lynch, Rioli
Nankervis, Martin, Prestia
Graham, Ross, McIntosh, Soldo

Though is that a bit slow?

I reckon we could use KMac's size vs. West Coast...
Why has everyone got Bolton out
Look at first half he was good and gave away a few goals
Yes he was quiet like a number in the second half and yes had a brain fade for the 100
But he has been good last few weeks a bit harsh in my opinion think he’s allowed one ordinary game

Was at the game today haven’t seen oppo flogs get into tige supporters like the couple did today when scum got within five goals in the third in a long time.
They got laughed out of the g by all the tige supporters around them. It’s like sit down ya flogs you go for scum. Hope I never see scum play September footy in my lifetime again

carlspoon fans are the scummiest campaigners in the comp. probably only hardcore geelol supporters at kitty litter park can compete with them. only supporters I've ever had issues with at games are carltoon scum and they always end up losing the game lol. even the true colonwood degenerates with 2 brain cells are nicer humans than spoon supporters

Yes he was quiet like a number in the second half and yes had a brain fade for the 100
But he has been good last few weeks a bit harsh in my opinion think he’s allowed one ordinary game

needs to stay in for fighting back when the spoon player assaulted him even though it ended up on a 100m free. big whoop. Dimmer should tell him try not to do that in a final but good job for not taking any s**t from spud Carltoon players bolto

Ross was pic,,, holdi
He will struggle to keep his spot this week, a few nervous players for sure, mostly our smalls.

A more ridiculous statement you will not come across, closely followed by the classic 'treat it as a loss'. Why on earth would take out those 4 goals just to say it would've been close? Makes absolutely no sense. It was a team effort that he got those goals, he didn't run all the way from the backline single handedly. We won by 5 goals in s**t conditions. Yes Graham had a riping game, yes some players were too cute etc.... Some folk just aren't content until they find something to be outraged about.
Was trying to make the point that we didn’t finish well and Graham was elite in finishing in those conditions. I don’t agree that someone else would have converted in the same way and kicked those 4 goals, most of our forwards struggled today. A team effort yes but there were plenty of forward chains which resulted in no score. I do think there were some danger signs today, I expected better from a team about to make a serious premiership launch. A number of players were down and 4 or 5 brilliant efforts won us the game. We need much more than that to win a flag.

Back