• Sydney Stack

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Liam Baker

Votes: 10 4.0%
  • Mabior Chol

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Did what had to do of late.Setup our win in the 1st half and cruised in the 2nd.No issue as of from next week the serious stuff begins.
Meatball will win the JD this year and shut a few doubters up.
Vlas and our defence are rock solid.
Jack that is must love this time of the year.
Shedda what a champion of the club.
Oh and welcome back Nank.:)

I wouldn't drop Ross either but it's about Team balance and i reckon the issue is HBF and who can play better than Short down there?!?!
Stack is better in that position than Short. I'd even prefer McIntosh there to Short. Short doesn't defend very well and blindly hacks the ball out when under pressure.

To be honest I'd prefer Menadue back there to Short.

Stack is better in that position than Short. I'd even prefer McIntosh there to Short. Short doesn't defend very well and blindly hacks the ball out when under pressure.

To be honest I'd prefer Menadue back there to Short.
Yeah I think Stacky is the best option down there at HBF but at the moment I reckon the kid has hit the wall physically and is feeling the pinch of a long Season so it may prolly be Menadue for a few games...

Yeah I think Stacky is the best option down there at HBF but at the moment I reckon the kid has hit the wall physically and is feeling the pinch of a long Season so it may prolly be Menadue for a few games...

I am not sure Stack is accustomed to the wet as some others atm.

I thought Bolton also was not as attuned in the wet as others

Just read the last few pages of our game day thread, :eek: and IMHO there's is no possible way 80 percent of you enjoy watching football, whinging, moaning, always looking for the negative so much that I think some of you get out an old VHS tape from yesteryear and comment on that.

Utter madness some of the comments.
we are nutters

Bolton was poor in the wet against the godeees too.

I think Bolton needs to pull his head in a little in some of his attempts.

I think the 100 metre effort was a sign of a little too much confidence or over confidence at times and he needs to keep it simple a little more and reign it in a touch!

Part of that is playing a little more dry weather style in the wet

I would not be surprised at all if he (Stack) doesn't play in the finals. It may be too much for him this year.

I'll take Menadue over Short as a running HBF/wingman any day.

yeah no doubt, i've loved what he's done this year and to be honest, you could throw up any number of names for the guys that will come in - there were a few who didn't play as well as they would've liked.

was just thinking with ross's game in the midfield + the 100m penalty, he might be one to make way. i hope not though - he's a joy to watch when he's up and going.

as you say, will be a difficult week for match committee
Must look at that passage of play again. I thought it was Bolton not Ross. The initial holding the ball decision was absurd but the reaction was costly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Bolton needs to pull his head in a little in some of his attempts.

I think the 100 metre effort was a sign of a little too much confidence or over confidence at times and he needs to keep it simple a little more and reign it in a touch!

Part of that is playing a little more dry weather style in the wet
Agreed. Because if he - or anyone else - gets dropped this time of year they may not get back in, e.g., Short in 2017.

If we had converted half of our set shots at goal for the match, we would have won by 50+ points. We'll need to fine tune this over the next couple of weeks because it could be fatal in the finals. Rioli's around the ground game was intense but his goal kicking has been less than stellar over the past month.

I am not sure Stack is accustomed to the wet as some others atm.

I thought Bolton also was not as attuned in the wet as others
Think you maybe correct even though both played ok in spots and do pick up the ball as if it is dry
Given their relatively light frames the wetter conditions have been hard on
n them I also put Chol in this category
Perhaps one wet game ok but to play two or theee in a row puts additional work stress on their bodies classic example was Sunday Bolton’s first half compared to his second they basically just tire
Thanks

I think Dimma could drop him for a week just to said a message to the whole team, no matter how well you might think your travelling flirting with form is a no no!!
Once Cotchin and Martin are back it may just come down to Bolton or Ross. No contest IMHO.

Once Cotchin and Martin are back it may just come down to Bolton or Ross. No contest IMHO.

Touch wood, Cotch and Martin come back in but I think a lot of positions are up for grabs depending on matchups, weather and other competitive factors so no player can rest on their laurels even the guns if they are compromised

Some of the posts in here you would think we just beat GC by 92. pi**ed down rain in the second half. Will not be that many changes. Martin will come back in for who I don't know apart from that can't see many more. West Coast won by less than 2 goals to a side we pushed with ten premeirship players missing they also got beat by pies at home and should have lost to dawks here. Have faith in the system, people.
EFA
Still one of the funnier game day threads

Back