• 47: Ivan Soldo

Votes: 89 31.9%
  • 48: Liam Baker

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless we win 2 very difficult games without 4 of our absolute top liners we finish 5th.

Reckon we’ll get done tomorrow
Yep! They have the memory of a goldfish,
I cant wait to play them again hopefully in the GF, they and a lot of nuffy experts are in for a bit of a shock. Us tappering and fresh in september will be unstoppable(as long as we stay healthy).
hmmmmmmmmm

lel Ross the Boss sacked @ Freo. Remember when our club used to be a cluster fk. Those were the days.
k84QCu.gif

Players years total to date.

Ruck contest
Soldo 606
Nank 473
Chol 268 (29 on Sunday)

Hitouts win %
Soldo 43.2%
Nank 43.1%
Chol 26.9% (on Sunday 34.5%) above average.

Hitouts to Adv%
Soldo 25.6%
Nank 26%
Chol 23.6% (on Sunday 20%) below average.

As you can see statistically Chol isn't as bad as some are suggesting.

Way down on HO won. Also, a lot he won on Sunday were against Oscar Allen. Watch when Chol comes on in the final quarter (after Sheds put us up by 13). Hickey had just played the first 10 min of the quarter, Chol should have been fresh and ready to compete... the next 3 ruck contests WCE walked it out after Chol got comprehensively beaten by Hickey (who is an absolute ******* spud) in the ruck. The contest after that Darling wins the h.o down to Rioli for the free kick to get them back in it.

There is no comparing him to Nank. Chol can't ruck against the #1 rucks. Nank can. I can't believe it's even being debated.

Way down on HO won. Also, a lot he won on Sunday were against Oscar Allen. Watch when Chol comes on in the final quarter (after Sheds put us up by 13). Hickey had just played the first 10 min of the quarter, Chol should have been fresh and ready to compete... the next 3 ruck contests WCE walked it out after Chol got comprehensively beaten by Hickey (who is an absolute ******* spud) in the ruck. The contest after that Darling wins the h.o down to Rioli for the free kick to get them back in it.

There is no comparing him to Nank. Chol can't ruck against the #1 rucks. Nank can. I can't believe it's even being debated.
No one is comparing him to Nank or Soldo, Chol is a second ruck/forward, and those percentages above are for all his games this season and clearly show he is reasonable given his lack of experience and lack of body strength. He gets beaten more often than not at stoppages when ruck craft comes into it, but surprisingly wins more at center bounces using his spring. He will only be dropped if Nank is fit.

Finals pressure is different to h&a.Everything goes up a notch.Without Nank it puts a hell of alot of pressure on Soldo & Chol.
Not to big of a concern on Soldo as he does throw his weight around.
Chol on the other hand hasn't got that instinct and would be shown up in a final.
If Nank is still out then do be it.Otherwise Bank has to play.
Chol won’t be keeping nank out , take it to the bank

Got quoted on this page but post must be invisible!! Quit trollin. I've set my own account to the ignore feature

In the first half when WC were chipping the ball around trying to get through our defence, I started wondering why everyone thinks our style of football isn't a good style. I find the possession game that the Eagles play quite boring from simply an entertainment perspective because it takes the pace out of the game. From a skills point of view it's very impressive, but I love the chaotic way we play! Think it's unfair to classify our style as inferior.

when we started getting our game rolling after the bye all manner of commentators were jumping on board
even my non AFL partner gets excited and starts barracking
Dusty slicing 50 & 60 mtr passes that hit intended targets
Big Lynch crashing packs and taking one grabbers
who can resist a Jack specie (yeah yeah Sundays umps)
Bolton and Rioli dancing around people in a phone box
the intercept marking and spoiling of St Grimmes
forget Saad , the straight line speed of Castagna , he can lead up at pace and then swivel back and repeat that pace back towards goals
and you want some courage , try Vlastuin packing into a pack again , and taking the mark , again
the Richmond game has it all and appeals to the footy purists

when we started getting our game rolling after the bye all manner of commentators were jumping on board
even my non AFL partner gets excited and starts barracking
Dusty slicing 50 & 60 mtr passes that hit intended targets
Big Lynch crashing packs and taking one grabbers
who can resist a Jack specie (yeah yeah Sundays umps)
Bolton and Rioli dancing around people in a phone box
the intercept marking and spoiling of St Grimmes
forget Saad , the straight line speed of Castagna , he can lead up at pace and then swivel back and repeat that pace back towards goals
and you want some courage , try Vlastuin packing into a pack again , and taking the mark , again
the Richmond game has it all and appeals to the footy purists
I agree, I just think there's a common misconception that our game isn't entertaining and lacks skill. It's the complete opposite! I think we might even go to another level in dry weather.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Players years total to date.

Ruck contest
Soldo 606
Nank 473
Chol 268 (29 on Sunday)

Hitouts win %
Soldo 43.2%
Nank 43.1%
Chol 26.9% (on Sunday 34.5%) above average.

Hitouts to Adv%
Soldo 25.6%
Nank 26%
Chol 23.6% (on Sunday 20%) below average.

As you can see statistically Chol isn't as bad as some are suggesting.

the stats do tell a story , but with Chol the difference between his worst and best is huge

he looks like a fish out of water too often , but then at the next contest he goes up conventionally and wins the tap
Soldo has been great in the VFL last year and this , was shaky when back in the AFL this year, with numerous cries to delist here , but he steadily adjusted and now we are singing his praises
Chol , thru injury , has had less footy than Soldo 2017 - 2019 so there is the chance he too can keep improving
and when in the VFL he often shares the 2nd ruck duties with CCJ, Garthwaite , Callum Moore and back in 2017 Hampson
so he's not as experienced a ruck as we might think

the stats do tell a story , but with Chol the difference between his worst and best is huge

he looks like a fish out of water too often , but then at the next contest he goes up conventionally and wins the tap
Soldo has been great in the VFL last year and this , was shaky when back in the AFL this year, with numerous cries to delist here , but he steadily adjusted and now we are singing his praises
Chol , thru injury , has had less footy than Soldo 2017 - 2019 so there is the chance he too can keep improving
and when in the VFL he often shares the 2nd ruck duties with CCJ, Garthwaite , Callum Moore and back in 2017 Hampson
so he's not as experienced a ruck as we might think
Well said. I doubt Dimma would be to stressed with some of his ruckwork, Grigg didn't have a single hitout in our three 2017 finals yet we dominated stoppages when he was rucking especially in the granny. Chol wins a lot in the center bounce when he uses his spring, but often gets beat at stoppages when its body on body, but he applies quick pressure when he is beaten. The only way we'll know what Dimma and the ruck committee think is when Nank is fit and which one of Chol or Soldo makes way.

I agree, I just think there's a common misconception that our game isn't entertaining and lacks skill. It's the complete opposite! I think we might even go to another level in dry weather.

I think the gripe people have about...or had about (in 2017) our style was not so much that it wasn't entertaining, it was more that it didn't look pretty. I know a bunch of oppo supporters who loved watching us in 2017, so it wasnt all. You get this talk from so-called footy purists who want to see lace out passing from one end to the other...which is great and requires skill but I agree, can also be boring.
Bruise free football is for soccer fans.
You'll notice we have self proclaimed as a role playing side and not the most skillful side several times over the past few years. This is absolutely the truth. We have some highly skilled individuals mind you. Our skill is the team, though. Champion team VS team of champions n' all that.

We would structure up and a Grigg ruck contest and nullify the not winning the ruck

but Collingwood & Grundy worked out to punch the ball 20 + mtrs away and beat that waiting ring of our players
then that trick is seen by all clubs

this constant move and counter move is alive and well
from the 2017 1 ruck 1 tall forward set up to the 2 ruck and two tall forwards we are running with now we are leading the way
Chol with his great leap and amazing ground level skills presents a real challenge to opposition teams
I'm hoping he can improve his all round ruck and be a permanent fixture and supply the X factor for the 2020 flag
:)

We would structure up and a Grigg ruck contest and nullify the not winning the ruck

but Collingwood & Grundy worked out to punch the ball 20 + mtrs away and beat that waiting ring of our players

from the 2017 1 ruck 1 tall forward set up to the 2 ruck and two tall forwards we are running with now we are leading the way
Chol with his great leap and amazing ground level skills presents a real challenge to opposition teams
I'm hoping he can improve his all round ruck and be a permanent fixture and supply the X factor for the 2020 flag
The Pies copied the Eagles in r9 when NicNat did the same thing.

just watched the replay.

Rioli was not that bad.
Rioli chased pretty hard in the second half... But he needs to move the ball on quicker after a mark and stop that crap kicking around the corner stuff.. He gets no penetration on it and it stays in the air to long... Same with Bolton at times.... And if that twit George tries that lazy kicking around the corner for goal when he's 25 metres out again Hardwick should send the runner out to administer a battery acid enema

Geez I hope he does it this year first 2019 be a good flag to win

All I know is I thought Rioli should be dropped watching live, however I watched the game last night and he was actually really good, especially in the second and third quarters. He’s a lot of the reason the ball stayed on our forward half so much during those quarters.

If he gets dropped I’ll be fine with it but you need to realise if he doesn’t get dropped this week then he’s probably sticking around for the rest of the year bar injury. He’s obviously doing something the coaches like.
Completely agree.

Rioli chased pretty hard in the second half... But he needs to move the ball on quicker after a mark and stop that crap kicking around the corner stuff.. He gets no penetration on it and it stays in the air to long... Same with Bolton at times.... And if that twit George tries that lazy kicking around the corner for goal when he's 25 metres out again Hardwick should send the runner out to administer a battery acid enema
We all know George is an average set shot at the best of times, and below average when kicking a drop punt. Dimma said in the presser he was upset at missing the goal but not the way he kicked it. It went something like this "it didnt bother me as that's what he does, and isnt alone as all the younger players practice it at training "

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back