• 47: Ivan Soldo

Votes: 89 31.9%
  • 48: Liam Baker

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the gripe people have about...or had about (in 2017) our style was not so much that it wasn't entertaining, it was more that it didn't look pretty. I know a bunch of oppo supporters who loved watching us in 2017, so it wasnt all. You get this talk from so-called footy purists who want to see lace out passing from one end to the other...which is great and requires skill but I agree, can also be boring.
Bruise free football is for soccer fans.
You'll notice we have self proclaimed as a role playing side and not the most skillful side several times over the past few years. This is absolutely the truth. We have some highly skilled individuals mind you. Our skill is the team, though. Champion team VS team of champions n' all that.
For sure, I love that we pride ourselves on our role players. But we have a few role players from 2017 who don't make our best 22 anymore, think Butler, Towna, and Kamdyn is also struggling at the moment. I reckon our current "role players" have improved their skills since then. We also saw Grimes go at 100% efficiency on the weekend whilst Barrass (who is part of a WCE team known for its cleanness) was deplorable in that area. I can't wait to see us in some better weather conditions, but you are probably right that people still find us entertaining. If rioli and castagna could be a little less indecisive then that would be huge for us because that's where West Coast to seem to have an edge.

We all know George is an average set shot at the best of times, and below average when kicking a drop punt. Dimma said in the presser he was upset at missing the goal but not the way he kicked it. It went something like this "it didnt bother me as that's what he does, and isnt alone as all the younger players practice it at training "

Mmmn...clearly not practicing it enough then.. It was a woeful effort

We want a rematch in the dry and probably at Optus. If you beat us there in dry conditions then you are the worthy premiers of 2019.
With the greatest of respect I think we were on track to doing that last year however the 14 to 2 free kick count in the second half murdered us. What gets me is that we rarely get the run of the green at the MCG as well. I think Sunday proved that.

Robertson hasn't played since their loss to Carlton, so it will be interesting to see whether they bring him back this week for the purpose of targeting Dusty.
Mitch Robinson on the other hand, hasn't missed a game. Career best form? Dusty may have to tag him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lel Ross the Boss sacked @ Freo. Remember when our club used to be a cluster fk. Those were the days.
k84QCu.gif
Bring it back...making finals all the time and being the epitome of professionalism is getting boring

For sure, I love that we pride ourselves on our role players. But we have a few role players from 2017 who don't make our best 22 anymore, think Butler, Towna, and Kamdyn is also struggling at the moment. I reckon our current "role players" have improved their skills since then. We also saw Grimes go at 100% efficiency on the weekend whilst Barrass (who is part of a WCE team known for its cleanness) was deplorable in that area. I can't wait to see us in some better weather conditions, but you are probably right that people still find us entertaining. If rioli and castagna could be a little less indecisive then that would be huge for us because that's where West Coast to seem to have an edge.

Yeah you are dead right. Our role players have improved, or we have been able to upgrade positions to a point where some are now unable to get a game. We still have roles and requirements of players and positions but every team does. We are still heavily system based though I think, which is how we pulled through all the injuries (plus we unearthed some serious talent). Probably why many claim we are a better side now than in 17.

We would structure up and a Grigg ruck contest and nullify the not winning the ruck

but Collingwood & Grundy worked out to punch the ball 20 + mtrs away and beat that waiting ring of our players
then that trick is seen by all clubs

this constant move and counter move is alive and well
from the 2017 1 ruck 1 tall forward set up to the 2 ruck and two tall forwards we are running with now we are leading the way
Chol with his great leap and amazing ground level skills presents a real challenge to opposition teams
I'm hoping he can improve his all round ruck and be a permanent fixture and supply the X factor for the 2020 flag
:)
But, will Balta replace him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back