2019 3rd Ashes Test 22-27 August Headingley

Who will win the 3rd test?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I was saying it’s an optimistic take because I think it’s almost certainly true he took part in the cheating. As did every other player. He might not have been the one tasked with tampering but everyone in the team is culpable.

It's not optimistic, it's accurate.

He was guilty of not intervening but not ball tampering.

If there is movement, you want bowlers with control who might use it; not a guy who is odds-on to waste it.
The Oval is probably the only place he should be considered, when the pitvch is more likely to have bounce and less happening sideways.

They won't drop Bancroft and then bring him back that quickly, so to drop Warner they need to create a new #3 and open with Khawaja. He's safe, through lack of options.
Smith has to come back in, so they could drop Warner, promote koala and keep lasagne.

If there is movement, you want bowlers with control who might use it; not a guy who is odds-on to waste it.
The Oval is probably the only place he should be considered, when the pitvch is more likely to have bounce and less happening sideways.

They won't drop Bancroft and then bring him back that quickly, so to drop Warner they need to create a new #3 and open with Khawaja. He's safe, through lack of options.
Smith could come in for Waner and bump up Khawaja.

Cannot believe he would hold his spot in he has
6 failures in a row.

Here's hoping he doesn't.

I am surprised if Bancroft gets dropped which is likely. I would have had him having one chance. Allowing Harris to have another warm-up match.

There should be a lot of pressure on Khawaja. If he fails, I can see Labs coming in 3, and Smith at 4 with Head and Wade doing their thang.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Australia lost the toss and been sent it.

Hmmmmm.

At least England are smart enough to keep their team. Dropping Denly or Woakes for Curran makes no sense.

Back