List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why draft now, we are in the premiership window now, played like pendles, beams, sidebottom, Howe ect will be retiring when those draftees mature

We need to top up with Kpp role players and bring home a premiership if our list stays on the park

Cap space is premium though for us now.
Do you want to be topping up and having a Grundy, Moore or JDG fall out the back end?

I sure as hell know what’s priority for us.

Do you want to be topping up and having a Grundy, Moore or JDG fall out the back end?

Moving on Reid, Wells, Goldsack, Varcoe, Crocker, Broomhead, Murray should create cap space

Plus Mayne and Greenwoods high salary will also be coming to an end

Who is on super contract, De Goey, Grundy ?

Plus I would trade out Moore, Elliot possibly Thomas - my opinion though, Moore and Elliot are too injury prone, I feel like having more KPP quality could help us be better. Tomlinson, Mason Wood even Bruce could assist in this area. Plus I feel as though Cox only shows flashes of form. I'm not sure he can replicate the form of last years prelim consistently.

Last edited:
Moving on Reid, Wells, Goldsack, Varcoe, Crocker, Broomhead, Murray should create cap space

Think a lot of that is already spent/promised

Wouldn't mind enticing Tom Boyd out of retirement, he's Leigh Brown with a touch of class, doesn't mind the ruck or Grand Finals

Hawks never appear to do stupid deals $$ wise. We have been reknown for it over the past 30 years.

On SM-A520F using BigFooty.com mobile app
One reason for that might just be Hawks have hard - arse governance that minimises stupidity - they got rid of a CEO that wasn't working out and the then president went too

Last edited:

Plus Mayne and Greenwoods high salary will also be coming to an end.
Greenwood’s already has.

I agree. Also, 18 months ago we weren’t playing finals and looked far from it. In the space of 12 months we are in our ‘premiership window’ which is crap. We keep bringing in older blokes in and neglect the young players we will find ourselves struggling again for a long time. Looking at our under 22 players, without Stephenson, it looks very ordinary. We can’t neglect this. Go to the draft paying mins and re-sign our guns.

I agree. Also, 18 months ago we weren’t playing finals and looked far from it. In the space of 12 months we are in our ‘premiership window’ which is crap. We keep bringing in older blokes in and neglect the young players we will find ourselves struggling again for a long time. Looking at our under 22 players, without Stephenson, it looks very ordinary. We can’t neglect this. Go to the draft paying mins and re-sign our guns.
We do make some bad decisions occasionally with older players. I agree with you on that.
But "potentially" we do have some very promising youth as well. And youth is always going to be "potentially"
I think we are pretty good at identifying young talent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you think you might need to take a more detailed look at our list?

We do make some bad decisions occasionally with older players. I agree with you on that.
But "potentially" we do have some very promising youth as well. And youth is always going to be "potentially"
I think we are pretty good at identifying young talent.
I think in comparison to other clubs and what they have brought in over the past 2 seasons, we are only in the ‘comfortable’ zone because we have picked up what’s turned out to be the best player in the 2017 draft. Without Stephenson, I’m not sure we are filled with exciting prospects. I’m not saying we are the worst but looking at the tigers and lions (and i’d love some of the talent port picked up in the 2018 draft) and it looks like we could do better in this regard. We do have a hell of a lot of players who are ‘old’ on the list with a few not playing senior footy. We need to refresh and move them on and go to the draft and see if we can find some hidden gems

Mayne and Greenwood were probably on $400k-$500k. Does seem too high in the current wage environment. I suspect they come back to the $300k mark.

Greenwood’s hardness is really what we need at the club.
Greenwood’s original deal was four years in 2014. Expired end-2018. He was reportedly desperate to play on. There was no way he was on big money this season.

Start of the year I thought Greenwood was kaput, not now in his new role. I just hope the don't sacrifice the development of Quaynor and Noble. Aish will get pushed up to the wing no doubt.

Wouldn't mind enticing Tom Boyd out of retirement, he's Leigh Brown with a touch of class, doesn't mind the ruck or Grand Finals

Doubt he come to us IF he could not take the Pressure at the Dogs

Who is on super contract, De Goey, Grundy ?

Plus I would trade out Moore, Elliot possibly Thomas - my opinion though, Moore and Elliot are too injury prone, I feel like having more KPP quality could help us be better. Tomlinson, Mason Wood even Bruce could assist in this area. Plus I feel as though Cox only shows flashes of form. I'm not sure he can replicate the form of last years prelim consistently.

Mason Cox - injury prone
Bruce - poor kick

Shaz is marginally in front in overall possessions, and significantly in front with knee reconstructions
View attachment 733192
View attachment 733194
Matt has the edge on contested marks, rebound 50’s, 1%ers, meters gained and intercepts, with about 35 less games expreience and consistently interrupted development. Would take him over Kelly every day of the week. Meters gained is telling. Matt gets enough criticism over kicking sideways and backwards, Jake is an even worse offender in this regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back