Live Event Toby Greene fronts the tribunal - Suspension appeal

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhh some salty doggies fans on here, just accept the loss and be gracious in defeat. You weren’t good enough on the day.

If Toby gets found guilty, we’ll deal with it and prepare our best squad available for the Lions. As handy a player Greene is, we’re every chance of beating Brisbane, we play as a team and no individual is bigger than the team.

We all accepted the loss at 3 quarter time, mate. Your midfield smashed us with good footy all day. Doesn’t mean we have to accept a different type of smashing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4910e2d58e48e7205bd6be4951f61210.jpg
no damage done!

The eye gouge is the act of applying pressure on the eyes is it not?

He has a bruise below his eye. How do they prove that’s from Greene anyway?

The tribunal would want to have better footage than what we saw on 7 to prove he eye gouged.

The eye gouge is the act of applying pressure on the eyes is it not?

He has a bruise below his eye. How do they prove that’s from Greene anyway?

The tribunal would want to have better footage than what we saw on 7 to prove he eye gouged.
Are you punishing the act or the injury?

He looks like a petulant 14yo who thinks he's tough, but video evidence wasn't that conclusive. Definitely rough conduct, no doubt. Will probably get 1-2 weeks, which effectively is season done though.

Anyone defending Toby needs to watch from the angle in this video, and tell me he's not a genuine piece of scum. Same guy who had criminal charges for assault with a dangerous weapon and assault causing serious injury

I think he's terrific and would love to have him playing in my team.
I always recall Scarlett, Mooney, Chapman, Milburn, Johnson having a nasty streak like Toby. Sometimes it's worth the weeks on the sideline through suspension if it means you instill a hard-edged no back-step approach.

It's a little different if you are not a talented player (Steven Baker) and you are deliberately bullying players but Greene is elite and you build around tough nuts like him.
It's just ironic that there is much noise surrounding this when Bontempelli got off for a deliberate action not that long ago.

So a bruised eye from an elbow to the head is also acceptable?!? The photo proves nothing, sure, but I reckon Christian has seen more than us to send to tribunal. We will see.

No, that's not acceptable in most circumstances. But that's not what the accusation is, is it?

The photo proves nothing, like you said.

Well he missed the last game of the season and probably would’ve missed if there wasn’t a pre finals bye? I would call that a serious injury pal. 😂

If it was serious, how incompetent were the GWS doctors sending him out to play the second half in round 22?

Pal. :cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where’s the footage that shows him eye gouging?

All I see is murky vision with Greene messing with Bont’s face.

Eye gouging involves putting pressure on the actual eyes.
Lol. If that vision doesn't convince you then nothing will.

Interesting he has been charged for the totality of the incidents. The AFL website doesn’t mention actual eye gouging.

Will make for an interesting tribunal hearing then. I guess they’re going for a Baker like suspension for questionable behaviour?

Far out you’d think Greene went full Gaff on Bont the way the Dogs fans in this thread are carrying on.

Footage shows Greene wrestling, hair pulling and grabbing Bont’s face. As for actual eye gouging? Far from convinced. Where’s it show him pressing down on his eyes?

The incident isn’t a great look. If the tribunal ends up not viewing it as eye gouging maybe he cops a Baker like suspension for misconduct?

Typical stupid behaviour from Greene though. His coach would be furious.
Ah, a Carlton supporter defending a player suspiciously sticking his hands in someone's face... where have I seen this before?

Ah, a Carlton supporter defending a player suspiciously sticking his hands in someone's face... where have I seen this before?
I never defended Judd for that incident so you’re talking to the wrong person.

Wouldn’t say I’m defending Greene either. Just find the posting from Dogs fans laughable. How soft can you get?

Maybe he gets a week or two or more if they deem it really serious (which I think would be wrong). But he didn’t left hook Bontempelli for *s sake.

There was a period there when a couple of Bulldogs players were elbowed in the face in legitimate footballing incidents (not suggesting anything sinister or dirty). Was Bontempelli involved in any of those that could have led to the black eye? Genuinely can't remember who they were.

You'd think Toby G was worse than Ivan Milat the way some Western BullDogs are going on about it.

Greene would be very, very unlucky to get suspended, hope common sense and justice prevails at the tribunal, and not a case decided on public outrage by Helen Lovejoy like puritans.

I never defended Judd for that incident so you’re talking to the wrong person.

Wouldn’t say I’m defending Greene either. Just find the posting from Dogs fans laughable. How soft can you get?

Maybe he gets a week or two or more if they deem it really serious (which I think would be wrong). But he didn’t left hook Bontempelli for fu**s sake.
And here you are defending a clearly worse incident while bemoaning Dogs fans. I guess hatred runs deeper than loyalty for some people :oops:

There was a period there when a couple of Bulldogs players were elbowed in the face in legitimate footballing incidents (not suggesting anything sinister or dirty). Was Bontempelli involved in any of those that could have led to the black eye? Genuinely can't remember who they were.
Possibly, it's my wish that they address the incident on the video vision alone, not the bruising. Though it's impossible to ask them of that.

No eye gouge for me, he goes to put his hands on his face to push his head into the ground bont moves hences his fingers slip then he straight away pulls his hands out and grabs his hair and slams his head.

Toby will be playing next week a bit lighter in his pocket.
Hands on face...
Pushes head into ground...
Grabs hair...
Slams head...

Nup, nothing to see here.

Oh wait... Bont moves! Obviously it was his own fault!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back