Live Event Toby Greene fronts the tribunal - Suspension appeal

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still frames can make any incident look like anything. Based on that still shot I could say there is a player giving Toby Greene a full on knee to the ribs

You'd be saying that it was one of his team mates doing it!

...maybe they don't like him either.

Toby Greene is not Chris Judd you wally, and if you keep resorting to posting the same crap over and over, you clearly have lost the argument.

There simply is not available evidence that has been presented so far publicly that should result in a suspension for Greene.

You have yet to proven conclusively that what Greene did constitutes 'serious/gross misconduct'.

You would be a worse lawyer than Lionel Hutz.
If that dirty play doesn't count as misconduct it bloody well should!

Is everyone ignoring the fact Bonts arms and hands were free the whole time Greene was roughing him up yet at no time did he try and grab Greene’s hands and stop him. Rather he’s just holding them out to the umpire, as if to say Ump look what happening, where is my free kick.

That says to me there was no gouging and at no stage did Bont feel seriously threatened he was in danger of injury. Reckon it’s a lot more of forceful pushing and rubbing down on the head than anything overly sinister. The hair pull at the end was probably the worst bit.

Might get one week for the totality of the incident but that would be it for me

Congratulations.
This is officially one of the dumbest posts I've ever come across on this forum and that is an achievement. Props to you sir.

I can't really think of a player who was dirtier than Greene has been over a long period of time. Prick deserves to be de-registered. Why good blokes like Rance, Ward, Morris etc do their knees and not scumbags like Toby are the reason that commentators should never mention "footy gods" again..
Well there was 2016.

Congratulations.
This is officially one of the dumbest posts I've ever come across on this forum and that is an achievement. Props to you sir.
Are you suggesting Bont attempted to stop the treatment he was receiving from Greene at any time despite having his arms free. If your getting gouged your fighting back hard.

Surely our resident freeze frame biased Brisbane poster here can show us some photos!

Channel 9 reporting that Christian made the report after seeing footage that wasn’t captured by or made available to the broadcaster so there’s something a bit more damning out there.

The footage posted in this thread is honestly bad enough.
Pretty s**t that they don’t release this footage to everyone.

Are you suggesting Bont attempted to stop the treatment he was receiving from Greene at any time despite having his arms free. If your getting gouged your fighting back hard.

Surely our resident freeze frame biased Brisbane poster here can show us some photos!

Bont is literally in the most vulnerable position you can be in. Watch some MMA fights and see how easy it is to fight back in a position like that, especially after his probably busted his gut at the contest and is gassed.

If you rewatch, the other GWS player lying on the ground had his hand in Bonts face too. He was trying to stop him. He only has two hands.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The play had clearly stopped.
Greene then ran up and did his dirty deeds and then ran off.
Filthy little coward who needs his lights punched out

If I was Fagan I would sacrifice a player like McStay (who is useless anyway) to knock Greene flat out in the 2nd or 3rd quarter.

I genuinely don’t think Fagan could give a direction like that.

This stuff happens almost every week. Not that it's a good look but you'd think he killed someone based on some comments in here.

Some of you haven't been outside of your basement to play sport competitively, and it shows.
To be fair, any deliberate contact to the face like that is looked at pretty disapprovingly. Nobody who has played or currently plays competitively sees contact to the face like that as a kosher action. Basically, I have very little sympathy for Greene if he gets rubbed out for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back