News 2019 Rumour File - discuss rumours here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just on Lewy Taylor.

He’s currently in the 23 to 25 bracket on our list depth.

He’d be the second midfielder brought in if we had a few injuries. But we’ve had almost none to our best 22 this year.

He can play good footy on a wing, but doesn’t suit Fagans style or wing role in our team.

He’s a nothing player.

Exactly. He doesn’t fit in given our age profile. But I’d be shocked if another club don’t bite. He still played pretty well this year and will easily kick another 40+ in 2020

The biggest issue will be someone willing to take his money on unless you gave him away for nothing.

My thoughts, too. I'm sure there will be clubs interested in JJ; much as we have fallen out of love with him, the reality is he's a good forward in the right team. But it's unlikely that such a club would be willing to take on his whole salary AND give up a decent pick. I think we'd be better off sucking up some of the salary and getting a better pick; that is more likely to pay off in the medium to long term.
We have a very aging Tex Walker, an aging Lynch and aging Betts. BUT we do have cement hands Himmelberg who everyone seems to love overlooking the fact he is a horrendous contested mark (he won't be his brother) FOG and then a list of midsized forwards.

I for one don't want us trading a 40+ goal forward for an unknown....but that's just me

We have a very aging Tex Walker, an aging Lynch and aging Betts. BUT we do have cement hands Himmelberg who everyone seems to love overlooking the fact he is a horrendous contested mark (he won't be his brother) FOG and then a list of midsized forwards.

I for one don't want us trading a 40+ goal forward for an unknown....but that's just me
And Jenkins will be an "aging" 31 year old forward in 2020....

Really can’t believe people are happy about the idea of CEY being moved on. He is a very good inside mid. Much better than greenwood and would go to say that when he played this year had much more impact than Sloane or the crouches when any of them were playing that role.

I'd be happy if he moved on and was payed his worth as well as being given games he deserves.
Poor buggar has more to whinge about then anyone on our list IMO. Still stays loyal. Yet another product of our B.S selection policies.

Just have to direct Himmelberg to consider the goal square his playgroung and play 10m behind any opponent backman and I'm sure he could one day cover the loss, cement hands and all.

Why is contested marking even being discussed in all this? You are talking Jenkins yeah?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just have to direct Himmelberg to consider the goal square his playgroung and play 10m behind any opponent backman and I'm sure he could one day cover the loss, cement hands and all.

Why is contested marking even being discussed in all this? You are talking Jenkins yeah?
Ok

Show me games of Berg taking contested marks under pressure and I will show you the some of Jenkins. I'm confident that I would have more examples

Gets himself fitter (which i'm confident he'll do), and the hands will fix themselves. At the start of his bursts in the seniors, he clunking them (first quarter against Geelong for a good example), loses it the moment he tires.

I'd much rather the unknown right now. Playing Jenkins only sets us back now seeing this core is done. Would be a very Adelaide move to keep Jenkins though then face reality.

Though, i'm worried about your maths skills is the you think Tex is aging faster then Betts ;)

Ok

Show me games of Berg taking contested marks under pressure and I will show you the some of Jenkins. I'm confident that I would have more examples

Oh I'd be confident too, Jenkins has played more than 100 games.

It'd be a very big indictment on how s**t someone is at contested marking if someone with 6 games has more of them then you.

Last edited:

JJ is on the outer because he isn’t very good at football

Zero games in four years on the list suggests not.

EDIT: ****. Damn you for sucking me in.

Probably not, but it's worth a shot with DFA, especially in our current situation.

Might blossom into a CEY styled player with a better kick, and able to effectively play forward in a new environment (going off the west coast board description of him), might be off a list in 2 seasons without firing a shot. Bit like Stengle in that the price is so low that there isn't much risk in finding out if we can extract something out of him.

Last edited:
Ok

Sure you would.
Just show me a seasons worth, and how many of his(Jenkins) 40+ goals that year came as a result.

Berge has a huge advantage over JJ in that his momentum is more often than not forward thrusting.
This enables him the ability to play as an actual Key position forward, which in turn brings guys like JJ into the game.

Dont need sticky hands to cover JJs position.
I reckon I've seen Berg crash as many packs in his handful of games than I have Josh over his whole career.

Sure you would.
Just show me a seasons worth, and how many of his(Jenkins) 40+ goals that year came as a result.

Berge has a huge advantage over JJ in that his momentum is more often than not forward thrusting.
This enables him the ability to play as an actual Key position forward, which in turn brings guys like JJ into the game.

Dont need sticky hands to cover JJs position.
I reckon I've seen Berg crash as many packs in his handful of games than I have Josh over his whole career.
Great he crashes packs, he just can't catch the f'en ball. I love forwards like that!!!

A forward who can actually mark is worth 10x a forwards who presents well and works hard but can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back