Preview Semi Final vs GWS Giants, Sat 14 Sep, 7:25PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose our path to the flag goes like this then
- we beat GWS and Collingwood
- Geelong beat West Coast and Richmond

WE BEAT GEELONG. Probably the first time (perhaps) that First AND Second on the ladder lose their Qualifying Finals and then both go the long way to compete in a GF

We've swapped Robbo for Robbo

Interesting choice. I assume we plan to use him as a tagger

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll only be happy with Robertson if:

A) He isn't forced to defend.
B) He learns how to kick it long and on its side like Robinson. Has a certain technique which allows it to always bounce forward when it hits the ground.

Not convinced that Nick Robertson is the best choice and also not convinced that after two straight losses, the last one pretty brutal, that only one omission is enough. Still, you have to hand it to Fagan, he is loyal.

That said, good luck to all players and for goodness sake, can we please have a few tall forwards standing up an hitting the scoreboard.

I'm expecting McCluggage, the best player on the wing in the AFL to start there and Bailey to play half forward flank.

Good in, very much a like for like, Nick is a great runner and won't be pushed around if the Giants come out to physically intimidate us.

I don't think Nick bring physicality to the contest, not saying he is soft.. just not known for big bumps and tackles. He will help play a bit of a security guard role around the ground

I don't think Nick bring physicality to the contest, not saying he is soft.. just not known for big bumps and tackles. He will help play a bit of a security guard role around the ground

If we progress beyond this point, he'll be good choice to do tagging jobs on players like Sidebottom and potentially Martin. Good time to get him in and see how he goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back