Game Day AFL Finals Week 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Brisbane generally got the rub of the green with the umpires (31-23) and Hipwoods last goal was directly from a throw. GWS deserved to win.
I know the feeling here is we wanted Brisbane to win, but I felt Brisbane got the rub most of the night, especially when inside 50, Razor stepped up a couple of times for them, heck he even bookended Brisbane's goals for the night with the Berry and Christensen frees.

So our options are to barrack for:
Collingwood
Geelong
Richmond
Gws

Oh joy.

I'm also thinking I'd almost rather Geelong win than Richmond given what s**t winners Richmond fans have been on these forums. Order of preference now probably something like:

GWS
Pies
Richmond,Geelong

Not great choices, but look on the bright side, we still got to enjoy the regular Essendon humiliation in week 1, partly thanks to our own handiwork in round 23.

As much as I love Hodgey I didn’t want him to be part of another premiership team.

Our departed champions have left a good legacy on their respective clubs. Mitch a premiership, Hodgey built belief at Brisbane and Lewis (not the greatest impact, however for Melbourne he was serviceable).

That’s enough now.

KOLOKOTRONIS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well played Hodgey. Another quality finals performance. Absolute champion.

Indeed.

0-4 in the last four finals he has played. Just not enough of his teammates to go with him.

Cannot believe the Lions didn't win, they had so much momentum and long periods of territorial dominance. Just couldn't put the goals on the board.

Phil Davis and Nick Haynes stand up, absolutely phenomenal defensive efforts from the both of them.

The better team on the night won last night .
Giants just had better composure and know how when it countered. Always found a goal or two when they needed it.
They can give the Pies a decent run next week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back