News 2019 Rumour File - discuss rumours here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've been heavily into trying to get Francis from Essendon, but it seemed that as they were talking contracts a few weeks back, that door had closed.

Maybe not - he and his club are no closer to striking a deal. If we trade Keath and bring in Francis, then that fits the new age demographic target the club is aiming for.

Article below

Contract talks between Aaron Francis and Essendon have stagnated in recent weeks, according to SEN Breakfast’s Sam Edmund.

Francis, 21, remains out of contract with the Bombers and previously expressed his wish to return to his home state of South Australia in 2017.

The No.6 pick in the 2015 draft has played both forward and back in his 27 games in red and black following a breakout season in 2018.

When asked on SEN Breakfast where Francis’ contract negotiations are at, Edmund replied: “Stagnated.”
etc

we would be silly to not enquire about Francis.
In saying that though we still need proper KPP defenders. Talia is getting on and whilst Hartigan is frustratingly poor some times we really don't have anyone else on the list capable if Keath goes (butts is promising but not ready for AFL yet)

Can I ask why? I've been to the gold coast heaps never been to the sunshine coast though. What's so good about it?

Also the Eddie desicion will be the hardest one the club has made in awhile, fans are gonna be pi**ed either way.
Sunshine Coast is full of old people! But there’s not as many people. So it’s a trade off.

Can I ask why? I've been to the gold coast heaps never been to the sunshine coast though. What's so good about it?

Also the Eddie desicion will be the hardest one the club has made in awhile, fans are gonna be pi**ed either way.
Sunshine Coast isn’t as full on as Gold Coast with amazing beaches and hinterland that’s were I live! Too much hussle and Bussle on the Gold Coast

Sunshine Coast isn’t as full on as Gold Coast with amazing beaches and hinterland that’s were I live! Too much hussle and Bussle on the Gold Coast
Love the GC if you get away from Surfers and head Coolangatta way. Beautiful down there, bit more upmarket. Places like Rainbow Bay = Gods country

On the VHS tape at my parents :)

Just did a quick search on youtube and found this. 9.18 mark is the mark not paid to Mods. Weirdly almost in the same spot as the Colbert mark.

The Ronnie Burns "goal" with Bickley's assist is here. Goal is about the 56 minute mark, with the best angle on the replay being at 56:30 or thereabouts.

Man made beach at Southbank in the city. 😜 beaches all the way up and down the coast.

Missus and I were very disappointed when we moved to Brisbane from Alice Springs to find we were still miles and miles from a decent beach. We did enjoy the odd Saturday or Sunday at Southbank I must admit. We lived just up the road from the Gabba, so there were many reasons to stay. Proximity to beaches not being among the list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

we would be silly to not enquire about Francis.
In saying that though we still need proper KPP defenders. Talia is getting on and whilst Hartigan is frustratingly poor some times we really don't have anyone else on the list capable if Keath goes (butts is promising but not ready for AFL yet)
Yep. Not just inquire but balls out charge. Was by far their best in their recent final. Handy size, constructive by foot. Need to get this done.

Agreed re KPD. I want to see us try Himmelberg in defense. For the type of player he is i.e. not a lead up forward like Tex or Fog and not good at ground level like Jenkins, his marking isn't good enough to play forward. He's trying to play a similar role to Tippet but without the marking skill. He might have a future as a pack splitting fister in defense, but still questions around his urgency.

Need to draft a tall defender or two to develop for a couple years. Proper tall, not Gould.

Missus and I were very disappointed when we moved to Brisbane from Alice Springs to find we were still miles and miles from a decent beach. We did enjoy the odd Saturday or Sunday at Southbank I must admit. We lived just up the road from the Gabba, so there were many reasons to stay. Proximity to beaches not being among the list.
We lived down the Coast for a few years and then both got moved up workwise back to Brisbane. I used to swim every day down at Nobby’s Beach.... really missed that. Reckon I’ve only ever swum at Southbank twice - when my son was small. Tend to stick to the pool in the back yard these days.

Have heard the following (source is reasonable but not 100%);

Grundy will definitely be at the Crows next year (I actually heard this and posted this several months ago as a done deal).
We are happy for one of Smith or Laird to go - provided we get a pick we can use for Grundy trade (top 10 - this is now in Brisbane's court).
We want Grundy and to keep our pick 3 for an elite mid.

Nothing like being ambitious!

Grundy will definitely be at the Crows next year (I actually heard this and posted this several months ago as a done deal).
We are happy for one of Smith or Laird to go - provided we get a pick we can use for Grundy trade (top 10 - this is now in Brisbane's court).

If it is true, then I could see it more like laird leaving for example and we garner a good top 10 pick, we give pick 3 and maybe 21 to Collingwood for Grundy and we keep the other top 10 pick we get from 'laird or similar player'. No way Collingwood let him leave to us for anything other than pick 3 + extra

If anyone is worth two firsts and one around pick 3 it would be Grundy. But I really hope we aren't stupid enough to bring him in a year before free agency by giving up our best pick ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back