• Jack Graham

Votes: 54 17.1%
  • Liam Baker

Votes: 49 15.6%
  • Shia Bolton

Votes: 11 3.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Just finished the replay, watching Graham run around keeping his right arm close to his body and sometimes looked like he winced when he had to tackle with it. What a legend. Hope there is a way he can play.
Really was incredible... What a team orientated man. He must have known with each extra knock on that shoulder, each tackle, each contest that playing in the grand final that little less likely, and he still gave his all for the team.

Many players wouldn't have both the mental fortitude and selflessness to do that.

In awe.. Future captain of the Tigers.

On POT-LX1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Lol # Mark Latham

Latham lacks Victorian and AFL-savvy advisors. He should stick to NRL. Otherwise, he would have known that Houli has copped a heavy penalty before despite having a very good record.

Sometimes, it's necessary to bark, but that's barking up the wrong tree.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Footy is a rollercoaster of emotions.
Graham I think played first six matches including the GF in 2017.
Now possibly could miss, do not wish to jinx though.

Didn't sleep much last night. Was totally invested in last night's game, and the buzz lasted until 6:00AM this morning. Posted on this thread last night after returning home - I was elated, but FURIOUS at the standard of umpiring. It was borderline cheating. We had good seats, similar to where we were for the GWS Prelim. Geelong's entrance was quiet - poor turnout for Scat's fans. On the other hand, deafening entrance for the Tigers. "Excited" was not the word. As with all out games against top 4 sides late in the season (Bris X 2, WCE & GWS), the oppo jumps us in the first Quarter. It is a simple "sprint" to the finish line, that will never work in a Marathon. The problem areas we needed to address was to stop their running game, stop the mini diver with dregs from score involvements, and absorb scats clearances when Nank was rucking. Dangerflop was influential as ever, and his staging as Lloyd or Lagonis. Geesook simply didn't allow us to play "the Richmond way" - which was put down to the resolve of their playing group. Lynch and Prestia keep us in the game, and from all the perceived dominance (and dodgy free to dangerflop), the half time deficit for all their efforts was a poor return. The key to us winning was our ability to absorb the kitchen sink, in Geesook's case, the entire Kitchen, and wait out the storm. Geesook arguably played their best half all year. But you need more than that to beat us..

At the half time break, I was surprised at how many Tiger supporters had written us off. Geesook supporters were more excited that moving up the line at Centrelink on Thursdays. High fives everywhere. I just looked at the stats on the phone, and just absorbed the defeatist attitudes around me. See we are the older generation, and we expect to flop harder than a Dangerflop staged mark. FFS - we are a completely different side - heck a different CLUB. Based on the last 5 games, I KNEW 100% we would run over them. They have run their race, now please stand aside, this is not the Corio Velodrome.

The best Geesook could throw at us was eroded in 10 minutes. They had an hour to put us away.. for nothing. Within the first minute of the third quarter, the negative nancys were back on the train. Then, we got our game going. Out non AA midfield clicked. Dusty into beast mode and Prestia was already in God mode. Dangerflop and Duckwood decided to keep Porkins company in the box. Unsighted. The surfie diver was now ineffective completely, and not even Razor Ray, the Garden Gnome, could get him back in the game as Baker had him in the oven, dregs and all. Bolton had a purple patch. Sublime in traffic, and made the right decisions. He has found his place in the side. Short was superb in the third. Again, made GREAT descions and in one passage of play summed up the situation perfectly. Turned back into traffic, switched the ball and off we went. It is the small things like this that is the "Richmond Way". I feel sorry for the Suns, but I thank them from the bottom of my heart - that third quarter had Caddy, Prestia and Lynch involved heavily in turning the tide.

Last quarter was a foregone conclusion. No doubt, anyone that thinks they can beat us needs their best for 4 quarters. NEVER assume players are not contributing when their turn comes. Castagna, Bolton, Short, Broad, Ellis, Rioli all had their moments. Graham - That second half is what Tiger legends are made of. Memories of Sir Francis running around with blood all over his face.. Any comparison whith the gustiest tiger of all is the ultimate compliment.

Cotchin in the middle changed the game in the first 5 minutes of the second half. Premiership Captain and Brownlow Medalist WILLED his team to lift and with Dusty, Prestia, Edwards and Lambert, we made the holy trinity look like altar boys. Lynch is worth every cent and is indeed a liability to any side's plans to match us. What a superstar. Timing leads and taking the ball on it's highest point.

Nank looked sore / tired / sick. Hope he gets up. Soldo - what a find. So happy to see a player we developed from scratch become an import piece of our Premiership chances. THAT defensive mark he took in the last quarter had the entire Geesook players in the vicinity pointing fingers and commencing the blame game. Little things. The Richmond Way.

Houli and edwards - Yes Lynch was the difference between the sides, but both these guys were enormous.

A VERY special thanks to the AFL for not giving Dusty an AA jacket. It has propelled our superstar into 2017 mode and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Who ever we play next week is irrelevent to our chances. We keep playing "the Richmond way", and the structure / system will take care of the results. NEVER think we are out of game. A 40 point turnaround against the minor premiers in a Prelim. Let that sink in.

Unfortunately ;

Out - Graham (inj)
In - Stack or Ross
af98c-this.gif

In the first minute he was already salty as fu** and looking for an argument with someone to try and take the heat off the game, what a flog
Wish a journo would take it up to him for a change...oh mister salty what did you think of Dangerfield's dive better than Rance's?!?!

Back