List Mgmt. The Kelly and All Draft and Trades Discussion Thread- #freetim #ITSHAPPENING

What will we pay for Kelly?

• 2019 1st, future 2020 1st and 2nd for Kelly and their 2020 2nd

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • 2019 1st and future 2020 1st

Votes: 99 46.9%
  • 2019 1st plus a player e.g. Petrucelle, Brander

Votes: 36 17.1%
  • 4th rounder and Kurt Mutimer

Votes: 35 16.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't think we can do this without trading in another 1st, either this year or next.

Years 16/17 are our most recent (only 2 in the last 4 years) 1st round picks. With 2016 dropping off next year we would be forced to take that pick (assuming this years is traded).

Alternatively try to find a way to leverage 22 into a 1st rounder this year. But if we can do that (say 17 or 18) surely we would try to send that and next year's 1st to the cats and keep 13...

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think we'll be fine. 2016 counts until the end of 2020 - the 2015 draft will drop off then. 2021 is when we will be forced to meet the requirment.

Last edited:
Fuark..... Tom Morris just said on First Crack podcast that TK will request a trade, but Freo believe that are still in the hunt and in with a chance.

Can they please fu** off.... Just for once?

I think we just need to ignore all eastern states commentary on this unless they quote a direct source or at least say that they have spoken off the record to representatives from Freo in their article or commentary. There is a clear agenda on the part of the Melbourne media to try and help Geelong get a higher price from us by trying to rope in Freo and create a bidding war, or at least create the perception of the bidding war. Totally pointless because the eagles will already know what Freo's level of interest is and also know that Freo won't make an offer unless and untill Kelly nominates them, which he probably won't if he is happy with the contract we offer him. So, i think unless articles claiming Freo are involved directly quote people or at least state that they have spoken off the record to the relevent people we can just dismiss it as the Vic media trying to help a Vic club get a higher price. I haven't seen one Vic article on this even claim to have spoken off the record to Freo officials and that they have said that they are involved in talks with Kelly yet.

Lots of things to play out yet. Kelly still needs to say 'I'm off' - Freo have to play their cards (& they will) and then we have to do a deal.
A bloke I know whose in the know reckons a deal has already been brokered between us and the cats. They need picks early this trade period so expect the deal to be done in the first couple days.

We should throw the kitchen sink at Geelong. Its a premiership window. Pay overs if we have to. 2019 first 2 picks, 2020 first 2 picks, plus a Petrucelle and one other.

Masten out, Kelly in.

Could be the difference that nets us our 5th flag.

Imagine our centre square with NicNat, Shuey, Yeo and Kelly.

We should throw the kitchen sink at Geelong. Its a premiership window. Pay overs if we have to. 2019 first 2 picks, 2020 first 2 picks, plus a Petrucelle and one other.

Masten out, Kelly in.

Christ for that you'd want to be getting TK, the Father, the son and the holy ghost.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A bloke I know whose in the know reckons a deal has already been brokered between us and the cats. They need picks early this trade period so expect the deal to be done in the first couple days.
Must of forgot to tell Chris Scott then

Masten out, Kelly in.

Surely you're taking the piss.

Masten out, Kelly in.

That's even more that what Geelong fans are saying they want.

I think we'll be fine. 2016 counts until the end of 2020 - the 2015 draft will drop off then. 2021 is when we will be forced to meet the requirent.
Nope, we 100% cannot do it unless the AFL approves.

At the end of 2020 we are fine (16/17 1st round picks, but theoretically none in 18/19). But if we have also traded out 2020 we would go into that draft guaranteed to go into deficit (16 drops off and 2020 no pick added). You can't go into a draft guaranteed to break the rule without approval.

The rule was brought in for a reason, so not sure why the AFL would waive it at the first possible opportunity...

I think a lot depends on whether we have any players wanting a trade. Even fringe or young players would allow us the possibility of a pick upgrade. Would prefer to keep our younger players though!

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Receiving texts (non-verified) from multiple sources now that T.Kelly will be releasing a media statement on Tuesday signalling his intention to leave Geelong for WA, with West Coast as his preferred destination.

Also receiving that Eagles initial offer will include their 2020 first round pick but not any first rounders from this year.

This is my own personal speculation now, but if this information is true, then the following could be what the club is trying to achieve:

TKelly-PTrade-0922.jpg

Maybe they're going to do a complete about face from last year, act like a professional club and let him come home for a fair price?
If that happens all Mitch Brown references will cease immediately

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back