List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Darcy Cameron is looking for more opportunity then it always felt strange he was opting for a club with the games best ruck and the games tallest player as ruck back up.

Of course Cameron has produced the square root of jack s**te at AFL level so you wouldn't want to be relying on him solely to be the replacement for Cox so you have to wonder if Jenkins can be gotten cheap he is also in the frame.
I put the square root of jack shite in my calculator and came up with 2 thirds of SFA. Is that about right??

I think you mean dribbled

Have we forgotten that running goal against Geelong a couple of years ago already? That was frickin' awesome. One of my favourite Collingwood moments not directly associated with a finals win.

His third mark and goal against Richmond in the PF (the one where from my vantage point you could see Pendles waiting for the lead and then putting the ball in the perfect spot) is one of my favourite memories that is directly associated with a finals win.

He’s already offered to play for minimum chips, so salary isn’t an issue.

That depends on whether his offer is genuine that he’s prepared to cancel his Crows contract, or whether he expects Adelaide to simply make up the difference.

If the former, fine. If the latter, then that’s fine too but it will make it a lot harder to do get a deal done if the Crows have to wear 400k in the cap per year.

I’m still not convinced I believe he is genuine .

Best case scenario with no picks and no cap space

Thomas for Cutler
Scharenberg for Howard
Jenkins for peanuts
Cameron for peanuts

Key Back, Key Forward, Ruck and some speed for the midfield, addresses most of our needs
Thomas is significantly more valuable than Cutler and Howard is significantly more valuable than Scharenberg. Those trades don’t get done without picks being involved. Actually they’re unlikely to get done, period.

Outside of a handful of outstanding games Cox really isn't anything more than a good average footballer IMO who struggles in a marking situation whenever an opponent can keep body contact and has difficulty kicking a goal from beyond 40 metres. At 29 in March how much scope for improvement doe he really have left? Jenkins will be 31 in February himself but has proven to be a more rounded forward and with our window open could be a better short term solution.

I wouldn't be trading Cox if Cameron is our only option coming in but him and Jenkins together would improve our forward/ruck depth above the level of this season.

Scharenberg isn't big enough to be considered a key position defender and is to one paced to play on smaller nimble opponents. Unless we are prepared to trial him across half forward or on a wing in place of Mayne I see his opportunities in defence getting fewer in 2020 with the growth of others.

I'd trade him if it was for something of value in an area of the ground we have greater need in.

The problem with the AFL is that there are currently about 100 journalists all trying to cover the Trade Period and absolutely nothing has happened thus far. So as soon as some information like this raises its head, this is all we hear about for half of the day.

I rathered the speculation on Treloar!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can guarantee the Cox story is complete bs. Bombers nowhere near him.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Why? I back in Michael Gleeson and Sam McClure (while being a tool) definitely has some runs on the board now.

The story isn't that we're shopping him around or that Cox has requested a trade. The story is that Essendon have come to us asking for a trade to happen.

That depends on whether his offer is genuine that he’s prepared to cancel his Crows contract, or whether he expects Adelaide to simply make up the difference.

If the former, fine. If the latter, then that’s fine too but it will make it a lot harder to do get a deal done if the Crows have to wear 400k in the cap per year.

I’m still not convinced I believe he is genuine .
The latter isn’t a paycut. Players don’t have the right to offer their services to other clubs on a reduced rate with the expectation that their former club will cover the rest of the contract.

If Cox is on the money some here have mentioned then by all means we should have a look.
I don't mind the guy, but let's be honest can he have another 2018 and do it for the next 2 or 3 years?

He did take the 3rd most contested marks last year.
Can he do it again, I doubt it.

Anyway Essendon are absolute campaigners to deal with, so good luck with that if it eventuates.

Using my deductive reasoning >$500k. He’s also apparently 1 game from triggering a contract for 2021 which would be at similar $’s. I may be wrong about the exact figure, but it’s definitely an issue and if we haven’t put a pin in it by the end of the day it’s on the table.

On the open market he’s a pick in the vicinity of 25, but we’ll see how it plays out. One things for sure if he leaves it won’t be a popular deal, IMO, because no one rates him outside Collingwood (rightly so) and a lot of people linked to Collingwood overrate him on the basis of one game.

One other point. We won’t enter 2020 with Cameron as the primary tall it’ll either be Cox or JJ...

The way Essendon move the ball will suite Cox better then how we typically do, they are a quick movement and often direct team.

The way we largely move it in 2019, is a forwards worst nightmare.

Ralphy with his weekly "Pies salary cap is tight" story lmao.

Collingwood’s contract talks with Jordan De Goey are expected to go deep into the back-end of next season as the Pies attempt to keep their star-studded list together.

The Pies will have to deal with the ongoing distraction of contract talks for Brodie Grundy, De Goey and Darcy Moore next year as well as captain Scott Pendlebury’s expiring contract.

Collingwood livewire forward De Goey is likely to wait until the second half of the season before considering his contract position after a similar timeline on his 2018 extension.

Collingwood yesterday officially announced a contract extension for Jamie Elliott, with his sense of unfinished business over the club’s premiership hopes a key factor.

He knocked back better offers at Melbourne and Brisbane for a two-year Pies deal, finally injury-free and looking forward to a full pre-season after finishing the season mentally and physically fresh.

Now list boss Ned Guy has to find cap space for a trio of emerging stars including De Goey, Brodie Grundy and Darcy Moore as well as captain Scott Pendlebury.

The issue Guy will have is that trio’s contracts are related given the Pies’ tight cap

If Grundy keeps to his stance of a seven-year deal or bust, he could eventually walk out on Collingwood as a free agent and leave a $1 million gap in the salary cap.

He told the Herald Sun during the finals he was considering a move to Adelaide if he couldn’t secure a seven-year deal at the Pies.

So De Goey will likely wait until late in the year to assess Grundy’s position, aware he could maximise his own worth if the Pies ruckman moves on.

Like almost every Pies player, De Goey is keen to remain at the Pies but also intent on maximising his worth.

Ideally after signing a two-year deal on little exposed form he would next sign a new long-term deal of up near $1 million a season and establish himself as a one-club player.

Moore finished the year in fine style with six contested marks in the qualifying final and 17 mostly excellent games despite another hamstring scare.

His manager Liam Pickering admitted last week the trio of stars coming out of contract complicated contract talks at the Pies next year.

“We’ve spoken to Collingwood a few times through the course of the year. We would like to see what they are thinking going forward. They have a decision to make on not just Grundy and Darcy but Jordan De Goey and Scott Pendlebury is out next year. So they have some big players coming out at the end of 2020. We want a lay of the land of where they see Darcy fitting in with all that.”

De Goey signed a two-year deal for somewhere below $800,000 for the 2019-2020 seasons as he knocked back a massive $5 million, five-year offer from North Melbourne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back