News Jnr Rioli - He’s back.

Remove this Banner Ad

giphy.gif

His face hardly moves. Is he even speaking?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He will get 2 years, and he deserves to

I could have forgiven him for attempting to cheat a drug test in a moment of panic, but when he's done that then made the exact same mistake again only weeks later and this time failed a match day test no less, I have little sympathy for him.

He will learn a harsh lesson, and might have costed himself his career, and all for some lousy weed smoke

I could have forgiven him for attempting to cheat a drug test in a moment of panic, but when he's done that then made the exact same mistake again only weeks later and this time failed a match day test no less, I have little sympathy for him.

He will learn a harsh lesson, and might have costed himself his career, and all for some lousy weed smoke

No possibility that he smoked pot once and that he initially tried to hide it, and thought it was out of his system the second test but it wasn't?

From posted before they suggest it can stay in your system for some time, and the telling point is the levels at test time.

Does anyone know the levels detected in the second test? And does it point to a use after the substitution issue?

No possibility that he smoked pot once and that he initially tried to hide it, and thought it was out of his system the second test but it wasn't?

From posted before they suggest it can stay in your system for some time, and the telling point is the levels at test time.

Does anyone know the levels detected in the second test? And does it point to a use after the substitution issue?

Folks are saying it has to have been over the reportable threshold for the news to come out but I don't think there has been any official statements about what the value of the result was, aside from positive for metabolites.

That test he tested positive for is irrelevant and he won't face any sanction for. The substitution of urine is the only sanction we're holding our breath over.

Folks are saying it has to have been over the reportable threshold for the news to come out but I don't think there has been any official statements about what the value of the result was, aside from positive for metabolites.

I haven't posted it hear and it is based on nothing at all, my theory is that ASADA got jack of the support and the media message that Willie waited for ages and couldn't wee so just topped up his sample in frustration. So they released the positive test information.

The fact that they didn't state levels makes me believe that they are low enough to not be an issue. If they were at a high level then it seems the penalty is the same as the substitution charge. Which would make all the reports of him facing the most serious charge only false.

I also cant fathom someone is stupid enough to smoke pot again after the substitution issue. My gut tells me he smoked pot up until the substitution issue, tried to hide it with the substitution in panic, and then provided the sample which was still positive from pre substitution consumption. It seems much more logical than, smoking again knowing that follow up tests would be happening.

None of this changes the penalty but it does paint Willie in a not so stupid light. All of this could be a result of one stupid mistake instead of multiple mistakes of increasing stupidity.

It may also open the door for ASADA to be flexibility on the substitution charge as the argument of not understanding the rules hence the substitution being an attempt to hide 'one off' pot smoking being more palatable than continued pot use on top of substitution.

As is stands now, I'd take 2 years in a heartbeat.

Reckon it will be closer to 4.

As is stands now, I'd take 2 years in a heartbeat.

Reckon it will be closer to 4.
I suspect shorter, mainly because of the Mental Health aspect Willie is going through. They may not want to contribute to him doing something silly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back