EPL Matchday 10

Remove this Banner Ad

That “crap” won’t ever go away. It’s part of your identity. It’s not mentioned because it’s unpleasant, but when you treat other clubs with total disdain then it’s fair game. Learn some respect for your opponents and then we can all get along nicely
Honestly mate you're being a joke. I didn't even say anything or put down your club and then you bring up Heysel!? What's next? Hillsborough?

Calmly * off mate.

I am quite entitled to it.

He is a liability and shouldn't be captain, and he's never been good enough.
You aren't entitled to anything.

He puts a hell of a lot more effort into the club than to have entitled clapper fans sending him abuse for trying to do his job.

As opposed to the attitude shown taunting your fans and throwing off the shirt for the club you captain
The attitude? He's being abused by his own fans ffs. Shock horror he might be a bit upset about that.

How long until Sessegnon gets going? Him & Davies are surely the future there.

Is it just Dier or KWP that are the alternatives to Aurier at RB?
Except Davies is also a LB.

I get annoyed with media hype etc on players who really are no better than the rest. Like Clangerfield.

Of course he occasionally makes mistakes, even Messi makes mistakes. It doesn’t change the fact that Van Dijk is still indisputably the best centre back in world football at present. The hype is justified.

It’s quite amusing how petty and stupid someone would need to be to waste as much time as you do desperately pouring over months of match highlights and social media futilely waiting for him to make even half an error, given the multitude of centre backs across England and Europe making numerous mistakes and costing goals every weekend.

Having said that, I have to admit I’m impressed with your relentless dedication to the cause, as bizarre and insane an obsession it may be. You must be approaching 2 years and 10,000 words dedicated to him on BigFooty at this point. I can’t imagine how rough that year long stretch without being dribbled past must’ve been for you.

Of course he occasionally makes mistakes, even Messi makes mistakes. It doesn’t change the fact that Van Dijk is still indisputably the best centre back in world football at present. The hype is justified.

It’s quite amusing how petty and stupid someone would need to be to waste as much time as you do desperately pouring over months of match highlights and social media futilely waiting for him to make even half an error, given the multitude of centre backs across England and Europe making numerous mistakes and costing goals every weekend.

Having said that, I have to admit I’m impressed with your relentless dedication to the cause, as bizarre and insane an obsession it may be. You must be approaching 2 years and 10,000 words dedicated to him on BigFooty at this point. I can’t imagine how rough that year long stretch without being dribbled past must’ve been for you.
Pouring over highlights? I've watched most of the games as they were on at night time for me in the UK - i.e prime TV time.

Also as I said it's mostly a troll because to be honest, who doesn't like trolling jod23?

Gazzaninga had a great performance.
Not enough being said about this. During the first half I legit thought we were never going to score and was going to post this,

"****ing ****, We can't beat this guy!, We're trying everything!"
images

Pouring over highlights? I've watched most of the games as they were on at night time for me in the UK - i.e prime TV time.

Also as I said it's mostly a troll because to be honest, who doesn't like trolling jod23?

I find it weird you self-admittedly try so hard to get bites, then get so upset and defensive when you receive said bites.

Not enough being said about this. During the first half I legit thought we were never going to score and was going to post this,

"****ing ****, We can't beat this guy!, We're trying everything!"
images

A lot of the shots were straight at him, or within safe saving positions, but he was definitely solid

You aren't entitled to anything.

He puts a hell of a lot more effort into the club than to have entitled clapper fans sending him abuse for trying to do his job.
Uh, yes I am.

Just like you're entitled to voice your opinion on the matter.

Or are you not allowed to do that?

Uh, yes I am.

Just like you're entitled to voice your opinion on the matter.

Or are you not allowed to do that?

You're being an idiot. Clearly meant within the context of commenting on players, you have no entitlement to anything. Condoning abuse of a bloke who actually had a decent game just means your club is becoming as toxic as Real Madrid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can say what I like, just like any other fan can. I'm allowed to have an opinion and voice it.

If I do my job poorly, I get pulled up on it and reprimanded.

If I told the people who pay my wages to * off I'd be out of a job.

And spare me, booing is not abuse. Turn it up.

I can say what I like, just like any other fan can. I'm allowed to have an opinion and voice it.

If I do my job poorly, I get pulled up on it and reprimanded.

If I told the people who pay my wages to fu** off I'd be out of a job.

And spare me, booing is not abuse. Turn it up.

Good thing he told the fans not the owners.

If you don't think booing is abuse then you're a flog. If you aren't good at your job you don't get abused, you get reprimanded, as you said.

I just think the scapegoating of Xhaka is pretty pathetic.

So has the VAR threshold changed mid season, or do they not have a clue what they're doing?

Both. Previously VAR hadn't awarded any penalties even when it was clear. This week they were reversing good calls by refs and awarding penalties that weren't there. Daniel James clearly initiated contact before falling to the ground. Michael Keane accidently stepped on a Brighton player's foot, who went down like he had a broken leg.

And how do you explain Sokratis' goal being overturned? Where was the "clear and obvious" error? :drunk::drunk:

Could see why the Sokratis goal was overturned - Milivojevic had his legs taken out by Chambers (?) and had hit the turf as Sokratis scored. Clear and obvious error? Not sure - I didnt notice it live and not surprised the onfield ref didnt see it but can see on the replay - thats what VAR is about isnt it?

Pity we didnt hear the ref / VAR conversation but also pity we didnt get to see the outcome if Zaha wasnt rugby tackled by last defender Guendouzi.He and Arsenal very lucky he is eligible to play this week. Straight red for me.

Could see why the Sokratis goal was overturned - Milivojevic had his legs taken out by Chambers (?) and had hit the turf as Sokratis scored. Clear and obvious error? Not sure - I didnt notice it live and not surprised the onfield ref didnt see it but can see on the replay - thats what VAR is about isnt it?

Pity we didnt hear the ref / VAR conversation but also pity we didnt get to see the outcome if Zaha wasnt rugby tackled by last defender Guendouzi.He and Arsenal very lucky he is eligible to play this week. Straight red for me.

It just looked like a tangle of legs to me, Milivojevic went down and brought an Arsenal player down also IIRC.

It looked more like a coming together of players, hardly had his legs taken out. And secondly, a straight red is reserved for denying a clear goal scoring opportunity as the last man right? Zaha was inside his own half and still would have had 50+ metres to go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back