SKYBET EFL Championship 2019/20

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Judging by their respective forms you’d say Wednesday would probably win that one.
Wednesday are a sneaky chance to go up I think. a win away from third and most sides in the spots above them aren't in break away form. I saw them this season and they make some good chances and hold the ball for a heap, they just don't seem to really make it count. suss that and I'm behind them.

Liverpool win the Premier League and Leeds and Sheff Wednesday go up. would be great to see. there'd be some great derbies.

Surely we can't bottle it again this year, surely.

I think if we get up, we stay there for a while imo.

Wouldn't be surprised to see us establish ourselves as an upper-mid table side again over the next decade.

Arguably the most important factor of going up will be being able to offer young academy players top tier football.

We'd comparitively be able to now keep the likes of Milner, Delph, Lennon, Cook, Rose, Cairney, Byram, Clarke etc who all left for various reasons to higher clubs during this period.

Last edited:

Wouldn't be surprised to see us establish ourselves as an upper-mid table side again over the next decade.
I'd love to see a graph for how many promoted sides stay up and for how long, and their respective previous finish.

Feels like the Championship winner goes down more often than a side who finish second or third. weren't Sheffield United written off as having a cheap, thin squad?

Always love it when really unfancied sides somehow stay up. Wigan Athletic finishing 10th in their first year then keeping afloat, Reading finished about 7th I swear, AFC Bournemouth now. it adds to it when they've never played first divy either. if anything, it seems your yo-yo teams are the most susceptible: I'd back Leeds to be there for five years more than I would West Brom.

I'd love to see a graph for how many promoted sides stay up and for how long, and their respective previous finish.

Feels like the Championship winner goes down more often than a side who finish second or third. weren't Sheffield United written off as having a cheap, thin squad?

Always love it when really unfancied sides somehow stay up. Wigan Athletic finishing 10th in their first year then keeping afloat, Reading finished about 7th I swear, AFC Bournemouth now. it adds to it when they've never played first divy either. if anything, it seems your yo-yo teams are the most susceptible: I'd back Leeds to be there for five years more than I would West Brom.

This is the most recent I could find. A lot of promoted teams go down straight away or the next year.
Relegated teams also never go up straight away.

This is the most recent I could find. A lot of promoted teams go down straight away or the next year.
Relegated teams also never go up straight away.

Yes they do, we did.

Arguably the most important factor of going up will be being able to offer young academy players top tier football.

We'd comparitively be able to now keep the likes of Delph, Lennon, Cook, Rose, Cairney, Byram, Clarke etc who all left for various reasons to higher clubs during this period.
Milner probs would have stayed as well for at least another 6 years (Rather than going to Newcastle and Villa) until Man City came knocking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back