Biggest what-if in the AFL this decade

Remove this Banner Ad

What if....

People stopped f###ing around and just admit the booing of Adam Goodes was entirely based on racism, and was a disgraceful blight on the game, instead of trying to apologise for and excuse racists?
Lol. Against Racism yet uses sweeping statements about a group of people 😂

because it wasn’t, that’s Adams and the media agenda

Oh it was and only a fool would deny it. At the time I thought he was a whinger and the booing was just because he himself was a flog. 5 seconds of reflection changed my mind - the booing was racially motivated. We live in a very racist country.

It's not the biggest what-if for the league, but for the Crows I would suggest what Walsh would have done at the club if he wasn't vanquished.

Although the amount of times people insinuate he would have delivered flags is cringy. No idea how he would have gone but a good what if.

Also Dangerfield and Gov in the 2017 GF team - would things have been different?

Oh it was and only a fool would deny it. At the time I thought he was a whinger and the booing was just because he himself was a flog. 5 seconds of reflection changed my mind - the booing was racially motivated. We live in a very racist country.

I agree we live in a racist country, but the booing wasn’t racist, it was incorrectly labelled that as an agenda, that itself inflated the booing as a f**k you back

Ah yes, the guy that every Richmond fan talked up massively but in reality was never that good.

He's kicked as many Grand Final goals as GWS.

What if Buddy kicks straight in the 2012 GF. Hawks four-in-a-row!

Hawks were arguably a five goal better team than the Swans and most teams all year, but found a way to lose the 2012 GF! Buddy kicks 3.4 and two OB's during the match.

About 6 mins into the last quarter Buddy is lining up for goal from 35m in the right hand pocket to put the Hawks 17 points up - but it barely scrapes in for a point....!
Swans rebound and shortly after kick a goal to put them just a goal behind - in hindsight these two outcomes were the turning point of the match.

The fact I've attended only three GF's in my life and flew half way across the World to be there (I was based in BKK at the time) just adds to pain of what could of been....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What if the AFL didn’t expand and add two new teams this decade.

Would the hawks still 3 peat?

Would the never ending period at the bottom have ended for Carlton, Melbourne (excluding 2018) etc?

Would we be seeing a more evenly spread competition with a more even talent pool and non conpromisied drafts?

What if....

People stopped f###ing around and just admit the booing of Adam Goodes was entirely based on racism, and was a disgraceful blight on the game, instead of trying to apologise for and excuse racists?

While theres no denying it was big, particularly in media and social media, whats the use in dredging it up. No one will change their mind Im certain.

I'm calling out most of the people in this debate as purely triggering, and not resolving any situation in the slightest bit. what other motivation?

What if the AFL didn’t expand and add two new teams this decade.

Would the hawks still 3 peat?

Would the never ending period at the bottom have ended for Carlton, Melbourne (excluding 2018) etc?

Would we be seeing a more evenly spread competition with a more even talent pool and non conpromisied drafts?

Some are suggesting 4 or 5

No doubt. Judd was WAY dirtier on the field than Goodes was and yet Judd did not get booed every time he touched the ball for over a year.

What if Buddy kicks straight in the 2012 GF. Hawks four-in-a-row!

Hawks were arguably a five goal better team than the Swans and most teams all year, but found a way to lose the 2012 GF! Buddy kicks 3.4 and two OB's during the match.

About 6 mins into the last quarter Buddy is lining up for goal from 35m in the right hand pocket to put the Hawks 17 points up - but it barely scrapes in for a point....!
Swans rebound and shortly after kick a goal to put them just a goal behind - in hindsight these two outcomes were the turning point of the match.

The fact I've attended only three GF's in my life and flew half way across the World to be there (I was based in BKK at the time) just adds to pain of what could of been....
The Hawks weren’t a five goal better side. Pretty simple.

Against the same finals opponents, the Hawks dispatched Collingwood by 38 and Adelaide by 5.

Sydney beat Collingwood by 26 and Adelaide by 29.

Sydney also beat you by 37 in Round 5. You beat them by 7 in Round 22.

Look pretty evenly matched to me

Completely agree that parts of Australia and sub-sections of the population would be considered racist.

I also agree that some (maybe even 'most') of the people who booed Goodes were racist.

However, I booed Goodes and there was absolutely zero racism behind my booing. I booed Goodes the same way that I booed Jobe Watson and Joel Selwood. I'm sure other supporters were in the same boat.

No doubt. Judd was WAY dirtier on the field than Goodes was and yet Judd did not get booed every time he touched the ball for over a year.
Not even close to a good comparison, Judd never stopped a game in front of a couple million people to get a child kicked out of the stadium, Judd never invited the crowd by running towards them with a mock spear deliberately trying to antagonize them.

Also Judd wasn't 'way' dirtier. That's just flat out false.

The Hawks weren’t a five goal better side. Pretty simple.

Against the same finals opponents, the Hawks dispatched Collingwood by 38 and Adelaide by 5.

Sydney beat Collingwood by 26 and Adelaide by 29.

Sydney also beat you by 37 in Round 5. You beat them by 7 in Round 22.

Look pretty evenly matched to me

Fair points, which is why I use the term 'arguably' - although with a few exceptions the Hawks flogged everyone during the 2012 H&A season, hence the reason they finished minor premiers with a percentage of 154.6...

There is also the fact that most bookies had the Hawks line at 28.5pts prior to the GF, which I thought was bold at the time given the Crows scare the week before...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back