Stopping the Tigers 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Are Richmond a chance of a 3peat?
Nope, not too many 5 year premiership windows open out there.

One thing I'd add is adaptability.

Very often if the Tiges have copped a defeat they seem to be able to go away and rethink, then win the return game/final against the sides that beat them.

No Caracella this year tho..

Nope, not too many 5 year premiership windows open out there.

One thing I'd add is adaptability.

Very often if the Tiges have copped a defeat they seem to be able to go away and rethink, then win the return game/final against the sides that beat them.

No Caracella this year tho..
Another two years I think would roughly be when age becomes a worry for the tigers. From memory quite a few senior players will be at retirement age, so would take some sort of list regeneration to get there and keep going

West coast and Bulldogs the only realistic challengers in my opinion

I actually have West Coast as the favourites this year. If NicNat stays fit, and Kelly brings his form from Geelong then I think they can go all the way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Idiotic comment

So good luck with stopping their “three good players” & thinking that alone will be enough to get the job done. If it were that easy then 17 opposition coaches would’ve done so and prevented them from winning 48 of their past 60 matches.

Irony may not be your strongest suit in this instance. I've been arguing against the "four good players" line since it was first uttered.

Completely agree with the rest. It's a complete team sides have to overcome.

I actually have West Coast as the favourites this year. If NicNat stays fit, and Kelly brings his form from Geelong then I think they can go all the way.

depends if they’ve got the hunger back, feel like they just went through the motions for the majority of this year, didn’t win many games convincingly when they easily could have and had some really disappointing losses no more than the last game against hawks, top 4 on the line at home and barely gave a yelp.

4 snipers strategically positioned
1 sniper to take out midfield threats
1 sniper to take out the forwards
1 sniper on the back line
1 sniper to make sure they first ones taken out stay out

depends if they’ve got the hunger back, feel like they just went through the motions for the majority of this year, didn’t win many games convincingly when they easily could have and had some really disappointing losses no more than the last game against hawks, top 4 on the line at home and barely gave a yelp.

2018 they don’t lose that game against the Hawks or the ones against the Pies and the Tigers.
Will be interesting to see if they get their hunger back. Obviously a very good midfield. Nic Nat important but I think Darling and Kennedy is more important. Darling had a good year last year but can be tad inconsistent and as great at JK has been last year he looked to he slowing down. They have the tools the Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Back