Training 2019/20 Preseason Training

Remove this Banner Ad

I am happy enough on the SPP decision for it to be late in the year. The options in front do not look like they would play in 2020 nor do they look like we are getting a head start on a draft pick that was possible in November this year. Can we run with a list of only 42 (currently 43 but with Rioli out - effectively 42).

Fro what I have read and seen, Pickett looks a long chance and I would want to stretch out the time if and when he is contracted so that he shows he really wants it. His commitment at Carlton and GWS was questioned so not sure if he is that keen.

Bank the salary cap - not the worst this and go to market if required.

So Hagdorn reporting on 6pr that Barrass and Mcgovern likely to miss round 1 the day after Simpson gave a press conference about them playing in the pre season matches.

Interesting.
It would be juicy to back in Brander or OAllen as the intercept marker and have the horse (Scho) play lockdown fullback.

Allen should be well ahead of Gov and probably TB. He had hernia repair surgery pre Christmas iirc so it's already been about four weeks, which means he should/could be in main training this week.

It would be juicy to back in Brander or OAllen as the intercept marker and have the horse (Scho) play lockdown fullback.
I would love Brander to go back.OAllen can play anywhere but i think Schoey struggles to handle big power forwards.Strong pack work is not really his gig.

I would love Brander to go back.OAllen can play anywhere but i think Schoey struggles to handle big power forwards.Strong pack work is not really his gig.
Not really as big a factor in modern footy. Shep, Hurn ect to help out. 1v1 footy is rare

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really as big a factor in modern footy. Shep, Hurn ect to help out. 1v1 footy is rare
I reckon if Thommahawk came out to play and he saw Schoey waiting for him he would be rubbing his hands together. If it was a midsized player like Sidebottom or DeGoey then we know Schoey can handle them one on one.

Pretty sucky news, wishing Isaya the best of luck in his recovery. I have absolutely no doubt the club will do what it can to assist him.

Don’t have any issue with Brady training with us- it realistically is a spot that may not even get used so I don’t see any problem with us seeing if a preseason with a proper football club might see his game go to another level.

Personally, I liked him at Freo. He definitely has flaws in his game, but he does have good qualities, too. He works hard, He’s hard at the ball and would be useful as a defensive forward as he has shown he can hit the scoreboard.

Do I see us signing him? No, I don’t. But I won’t go crazy if we do.

I reckon if Thommahawk came out to play and he saw Schoey waiting for him he would be rubbing his hands together. If it was a midsized player like Sidebottom or DeGoey then we know Schoey can handle them one on one.
Not sure in what world Sidebottom is playing full forward 1 v 1 against Schofield. I take your point, but Schofield will get the job done. What other options do we have without Gov and Barrass? Rotham?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back