Opinion 2020 Player X v Y v Z

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm not so sure Neale is taggable. Would be interesting to see his stats when he cops a hard tag
Zorks proven at not handling a tag.
Neale the beneficiary

Which teams ran 2 taggers against the lions?
I don't recall Neale getting tagged but I could be wrong
Based on fanfooty Carlton, St Kilda and Gold Coast tagged him but nearly every team was giving him a lot of attention. It didn't hurt his scoring as much as I thought though so I might consider him. Teams stopped tagging Zorko and went after Neale instead, in the GC game Neale scored 85 but Lyons and Zorko both scored 142

Neale got tagged regularly as well but I didn't realise he still scored so well in the 2nd half of the year
If only he could play Richmond every week. We don’t believe in tagging.

Was looking at some stuff today. Lloyd / Dawson impact: Not necessarily directly linked, but enough to wait and see on Lloyd, I guess - don't think this is anything new, just liked the graphic:

1581975649472.png

Cripps: Seems some consider him as one who starts off strongly and tapers off. Numbers don't really bear that out, production reasonably consistent across the year by average / binned (less games played in rds 16-23 due to the 2017 injury):
1581975716841.png

Various mids 2016 - 2019:
Neale very solid in getting a 100+
Fyfe and Cripps skewed to 100+, less scores below.
Josh Kelly: Lot of scores in the 80-100 range.
Macrae: Ceiling and consistency
Bontempelli with a bit of a famine / feast component (80-100 and 120-140 more often than 100-120)
Etc.
It's all past data, so doesn't mean it stays that way, like Kelly having a pristine preseason, Dunkley having broken out etc., but interesting.
1581975785601.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Defenders:
Laird not 'sexy', but his consistency is hard to top. Really like Sicily, worry about impact of role changes. Lloyd trend not great. Zac Williams interestingly didn't seem to need the midfield role to achieve good production, he had similar output when down back as played through the midfield.
1581975844351.png

Cripps: Seems some consider him as one who starts off strongly and tapers off. Numbers don't really bear that out, production reasonably consistent across the year by average / binned (less games played in rds 16-23 due to the 2017 injury):
1581975974966.png

Based on fanfooty Carlton, St Kilda and Gold Coast tagged him but nearly every team was giving him a lot of attention. It didn't hurt his scoring as much as I thought though so I might consider him. Teams stopped tagging Zorko and went after Neale instead, in the GC game Neale scored 85 but Lyons and Zorko both scored 142

Whitfield and doedee

Vs

Greenwood and chad (moving Hill to D4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back