Dockers/Pies FTA: 62k (Mel/Adl/Per), Fox 27k
Giants/Eagles FTA: 33k (Syd/Per), Fox N/R
Tigers/Roos FTA: 69k (all cities), Fox N/R
Cats/Crows FTA: 22k (Adl only), Fox N/R

Season FTA average: 36k(-35.4%)
Season FTA aggregate: 719k (+7.6%)
Season Fox average: 32k
Season Fox aggregate: 538k
(too much early data missing in 2019 for accurate Fox comparison)

This is excellent considering there are an extra two games on each week

The pay-TV broadcast on Fox Footy for AFLW has lifted by 19 per cent by total average audience (television and streaming) across the first three rounds of the season, with their television audience alone recording the same rise.

Viewers streaming AFLW on Foxtel Go have risen by 16 per cent. That figure does not include Kayo as these figures are not released.

An average of 38,000 people have watched AFLW on Fox Footy this season on television and via streaming.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Game is almost sold out. League was selling standing room tickets yesterday. Ratings ought to be pretty good as well.

I reckon this might not be the last we see of this.

Pretty sure that the all time attendance record for Docklands is held by a Wallabies game. It would be nice to see a footy match own that record.

Pretty sure that the all time attendance record for Docklands is held by a Wallabies game. It would be nice to see a footy match own that record.

dont think its possible for an AFL game. Capacity is greater in the rectangle game if they bring the stands in - which i think was the case for the wallabies

dont think its possible for an AFL game. Capacity is greater in the rectangle game if they bring the stands in - which i think was the case for the wallabies

Actually I'm pretty sure the capacity is reduced

I think an issue is that AFL does not count staff etc which probably sees it cede stadium attendance records

Was the game on Fox last night?
607k on FTA. Pretty much what a BBL game would get, it doesn’t really point to a great thirst for representative footy from the public.

Was the game on Fox last night?
607k on FTA. Pretty much what a BBL game would get, it doesn’t really point to a great thirst for representative footy from the public.

It wasn't representative footy though

It was on fox...probably get around 1 million average including regionals and stv

Because it wasn't representative football or even a serious game.
Probably because it wasn't a properly competitive game, and by that I mean no defensive pressure. Had a hit and giggle feel about it.
Yeh I agree but there was stuff all else on. you would still think people would show more interest seeing the best players in the sport run around then a typical BBL game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back