Game Day Game 2 Marsh Series v Swans Kingston Ovals Tasmania

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice way to spend an afternoon on the coach. Watching people standing in the outer and drinking from cans at an AFL game was a good laugh. Real old school stuff.
I really hope Thomas goes on with it. He looks an absolute star. Liked the way we finished the game. Hopefully we carry this form into R1.

Nice way to spend an afternoon on the coach. Watching people standing in the outer and drinking from cans at an AFL game was a good laugh. Real old school stuff.
I really hope Thomas goes on with it. He looks an absolute star. Liked the way we finished the game. Hopefully we carry this form into R1.

:oops::think::oops::oops:

Sheesh he'll be playing rd 1 - wasn't today his first hit out? fmd peeps a tad harsh.

He'll be playing and playing fwd. And so he should be. We've a fair few to move on before jack.
You just reinforced my point. Today was his first hit out, and he was a mile off it. On that performance (forget that he's captain), he shouldn't be playing round 1. The best thing for the team is for him to start in the VFL and work into some form.

You just reinforced my point. Today was his first hit out, and he was a mile off it. On that performance (forget that he's captain), he shouldn't be playing round 1. The best thing for the team is for him to start in the VFL and work into some form.

He'll be fine and will look after the young ones. We need him for that. looks like being an inexperienced fwd set up

We don't need a baby sitter. We need someone who is going to contribute, can't afford any passengers.
I dunno, i could see a decent argument being made that Zurhaar needs a babysitter. Or someone to smack him upside the head at the start of a game to get him going.

Taylor and Hall would improve our 21st and 22nd player dramatically. When Marley returns, he takes a small defender's position no doubt, Atley another with Pittard rounding out the 3rd. Daw needs 3 week in VFL to get his fitness right, once he is fitter and gets his confidence up, his rhythm will return and will be unstoppable. McMillan and McDonald are the 2 in the gun as they neither have the strategic value of key positional players nor the skills to be small defenders. Towards the end of 2019, Ahern stepped up on the half back line to be a solid contributor. This bolds well for the evolution of our team as we gradually replace the bottom 6 with players more suited to 2020. The mcmillans, mcdonalds, ziebell, cunnintons even were very much for the early 2010s if not 2000s. The midfield just run so much better without ziebell and cunnington. Either tough decisions have to be made or new strategies are need to maximize the use of the 2 club leaders.

If only people had listened to me when I floated trading JZ a few years back. The argument was...you don’t trade your captain. Well, do you drop him to the 2’s?
He needs to get some form in the vfl, but that's a big call to make. Let's see if Shaw and co can make it.

We looked ALOT better with Bonar and Hall around the contest, they just have the pace to make a difference in attack and defense.

Club has some decisions to make about some rusted on players.

Do you mean our captain and b&f winner?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Either gws are absurdly good, or Sydney are s**t. Gws were missing half their team when they did that (yes, I'm aware Sydney were also missing a few but still).

Sydney were horrible last week and they were a lot better today. We were horrible last week and we were a lot better today. Opposition sides performances fluctuate just like ours does, particularly in the pre-season.
The 1st round is a Mickey mouse hit out where most clubs had half a dozen of their best players out. The second round is more of a dress rehearsal and clubs are a lot closer to full strength preparing for round 1. This is why I found the melts on here after the bulldogs performance so amusing.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
J-Macs disposal isn’t the problem it’s his opponent or the ball going straight past him and then him taking 3 days to turn around and get after them.

No player, no matter how proud knows if they are right to go or not. Ziebell knows if he’s right or not and it’s crap if you think he doesn’t. He 100% bloody does and if he’s not right he needs to show us that leadership and say he’s not and step aside to get some run into the legs and give someone firing a run.

It was a good game from the boys. Considering it's the first hit out with essentially the best side.

Curtis Taylor looks good.

Maj seemed to get better as the game went on as well. Was limping a bit at the end walking off field but that's probably something that will improve with strength. Liked his aggression today. Attacked the ball and man well.

After an even first half I thought we were a much better side in the second half. Controlled the game. Won despite the umpires. Sydney wouldn't have got back in it without the unbalanced umpiring. Changed our game a bit to adapt. Lifted and fought our way back into the lead late.

Which brings up Pykie's point about rusted on players. We did look better without Jack and Cunners in the middle. I'm not saying drop them now but its nice to see some genuine pace around the ball.
When Bonar got moving thru the middle early in the third I was getting excited.

I did notice more lowered eyes, short forward fifty entries right in front of leading forwards today too. I Like that. It will be great when Brown is back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back