Preview Sydney Swans v North Melbourne in Tassie Marsh community game Monday

Remove this Banner Ad

Also Goldstein is not a young player anymore. He is not in his prime.

Reality is Naismith is only a 5/10 ruck on a good day. Think we have to realise that. I’m just hoping we don’t play two rubbish rucks one round 1.

I still think if we can get our s**t together enough we could legit be undefeated after the first month. That's not me being hyperbolic, just looking at the draw.

Adelaide - crap, we're usually good over in Adelaide.
Essendon - crap, our home ground is a bigger worry than this opponent.
Gold Coast - crap, battle of two young sides.
Carlton - crap, battle of two young sides, they only won last year cause of the ruck situation.

Not saying we won't be crap. We only need to be slightly less crap than our opponents, which is a very big possibility. If we were 4-0 then who knows what sort of momentum that could give us.
We could win the flag if they call the season after the fourth round due to the virus. :D

Far from a Longmire fan but judging him on 2 pre-season games is pointless (the wasted years of 2013-2018 is another story!)

He clearly didn't prioritise winning yesterday's game or Amartey wouldn't have been rucking in the last against Goldstein. Lets see what we serve up in the real season before stressing too much.

I'm with Ceasar in expecting us to surprise on the upside this season

he's not judged on two practice matches......

'17 - 2 finals 1 win 5.9 (39) v Geelong 15.8 (98) - 23 scoring shots to 14. Syd 2.5 after halftime (One Big win over a pathetic Essendon who haven't played in a final since)
'18 - 1 final 0 wins Syd 4.6 (30) v GWS 10.19 (79) 29 scoring shots to 10. Syd 2.2 after halftime
'19 - no finals
'20 - despite the hope & prayers - there will no finals for swans, imo. more than happy to be wrong.

The trend is your friend. His time is done.

Last edited:

'17 - 2 finals 1 win 5.9 (39) v Geelong 15.8 (98) - 23 scoring shots to 14. Syd 2.5 after halftime (One Big win over a pathetic Essendon who haven't played in a final since)
'18 - 1 final 0 wins Syd 4.6 (30) v GWS 10.19 (79) 29 scoring shots to 10. Syd 2.2 after halftime
'19 - no finals
'20 - despite the hope & prayers - there will no finals for swans, imo. more than happy to be wrong.

This will end well

'19 - no finals

you didn’t read the part in my post in brackets

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And ours is currently one of the employed one's, yet so many of you negative types on here have Longmire sacked on the back of two (albeit terrible) pre season games!
How many times over the years - including when we were a consistent top 6 team, have we EVER done ANYTHING in the pre-season?
Exactly! Go back and watch the first round of 2016 v Collingwood... the commentators were beside themselves having tipped Collingwood to be great, and we slaughtered them... don't think they scored until the second quarter!

'19 - no finals

Melting before the season has started. This will be a long season for some.

Yesterday we looked our most fluent with Parker and Heeney forward. Now it would be a big punt to do it round 1, but I'd love to see them forward, JPK, Hewett and Rowbottom as the centre square brigade.
Who's coming off the bench to help them out?

Essendon finished 8th last year

Essendon finished 8th last year
Well your right...they got flogged but yeah....don’t think that changes the trend though....and yes it is going to be a long year, especially if you have your hopes in the Essendon’s ‘19 blaze of glory vain....we have a young list and we all know it will take time....I just don’t think Longmire is the person for the job.....he’s good to his pets though..(.Caj I wasn’t responding to u, although my response appears directly after yours)

Last edited:
I'll respond to your rant... even though I think i'll use it as a toilet paper..

Trend- Swans miss finals for first time in decade .. and if you go back further than that.... dem odds look tidy.

Trend- swans have scored below the league average for the first time in 22 seasons straight (next best was the crows on 7 years straight)

They are trends .

Looking at 3 seasons (as you did ) is not a trend.

Well your right...they got flogged but yeah....don’t think that changes the trend though....and yes it is going to be a long year, especially if you have your hopes in the Essendon’s ‘19 blaze of glory vain....we have a young list and we all know it will take time....I just don’t think Longmire is the person for the job.....he’s good to his pets though..(.Caj I wasn’t responding to u, although my response appears directly after yours)

I see where you're coming from on a few things.

Do you doubt Horse is the right person for this group because he refuses to play a style that's attacking and not defensive-centric, or do you think he's willing to play a style that's attacking and less defensive but just isn't very good at it? In other words, do you reckon he's unwilling or unable?

I'll respond to your rant... even though I think i'll use it as a toilet paper..

Trend- Swans miss finals for first time in decade .. and if you go back further than that.... dem odds look tidy.

Trend- swans have scored below the league average for the first time in 22 seasons straight (next best was the crows on 7 years straight)

They are trends .

Great - you’ll be using your own hand wiping your arse with 0’s & 1’s....we all are welcome to our opinions....but keep emotion out of it.....what you do with anything, no one cares...3 years is a trend, ...What’s wrong with questioning Longmire...he ain’t that special...

They are trends .

Maybe we should all print out each other's opinions and use the ones we don't like as toilet paper in the toilet paper wars.

I see where you're coming from on a few things.

Do you doubt Horse is the right person for this group because he refuses to play a style that's attacking and not defensive-centric, or do you think he's willing to play a style that's attacking and less defensive but just isn't very good at it? In other words, do you reckon he's unwilling or unable?
You had him sacked at halftime of the cats game in 18 at skilled lol

We all probably did

Remove this Banner Ad

Back