Scandal Dani Laidley Arrested - Leave the Tasteless Jokes at the Door When Entering

Remove this Banner Ad

Correct currently innocent, but he is not charged with dressing in drag. The copper who released that photograph made a colossal error of judgment. Why? You would have to ask him. As a consequence he is going to lose his livelihood over a stupid mistake. 6 or 7 years of putting his life on the line everyday, and this is how they reward him. He is the only person on the planet that has made a mistake, so he deserves to be fired. Public servants allow 2700 people off the Ruby princess and 660 people get infected. Nobody will lose their job, even though people died. Cluster of Covid in Vic western suburbs missed by the bureaucrats and suddenly there are 17 new cases. Nobody will lose their job. Public servant compared Covid to Captain Cook and again nothing to answer. People convicted of bashing people every day walk free from courts with bonds etc, but a copper who made a stupid mistake deserves to lose his livelihood.

Your whataboutism is immaculate Moody Blue, and irrelevant.

6 or 7 years of putting his life on the line everyday, and this is how they reward him.
6 or 7 years of abusing and humiliating innocent people more likely.

Deserves more than to lose his livelihood. Send him to jail.

For those who are interested here is the court dates. Mention set down for 11 May. 'Application' set down for that day also, I assume that would be a Bail Application... I think it is more likely that he didn't apply for bail in the first place rather than had 'bail refused'. I think the Vicpol system that had him labelled as "bail refused" was in error or an inadequacy in their software.

Either way, everyone will know a whole lot more on 11 May and anything before is complete conjecture.

View attachment 870912

I wonder if will appear as Dean or Danielle?

No, actually, it hasn’t been lost on anyone except those who lack basic reading comprehension. And anyone with the basic ability to process the notion that someone who has been alleged to have committed a crime (currently innocent) has had his privacy absolutely demolished by a corrupt organisation and their friends at News Ltd.

I don't dispute that his privacy has been violated, I just agreed with the original poster that from a leak that has, perhaps unintentionally, resulted in a re-framed narrative whereby Dean Laidley's rights have been infringed rather than the person he's alleged to be have been stalking. And there are bigger privacy concerns people should be worried about, but this one is just so obviously newsworthy.

From a cursory google search- it appears a Dean Laidley has been working as a consultant for the DoJ-

If true- this brings a whole new level of intrigue to this story

Department of Justice and Regulation, Victoria, Australia
Learning and Development Consultant
Feb 2016 – Present4 years 4 months
Australia
Consulting to a range of departments. Leadership, Management, Team Building, 360 profiling, cultural change.

I don't dispute that his privacy has been violated, I just agreed with the original poster that from a leak that has, perhaps unintentionally, resulted in a re-framed narrative whereby Dean Laidley's rights have been infringed rather than the person he's alleged to be have been stalking. And there are bigger privacy concerns people should be worried about, but this one is just so obviously newsworthy.

Sounds a bit like the group he sent it to were all coppers. If so, a valuable lesson learned, don’t trust the police.

Also- bail is default position- although recent changes allow police to hold for 48 hrs if needed prior to bail hearing.
You would only be denied bail if you are considered a serious risk - to victim/s, flight risk, ect.
If he did choose not to apply- it was likely due to legal advice suggesting it was highly unlikely- he had breached of AVO while on bail for indictable offence

Despicable police who released the info... despicable those who probably won't go further than a reprimand... Daniel Andrews where are you now?
while it is a godsend that well now that it is now.. we read everything differently... it dives into the nether regions of the police system that
tells us we aren't altogether protected.. it is up to the police from high to low to protect everyone.. shot gun sally...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, looks girly to me even with a beard. Big difference in the two photo's, but yes if they want to dress like a girl:nearrow: so be it....their choice.
I was being a tad facetious but I seriously do not care if a bloke wears a dress or cross dresses or is gay.I have friends who do all of this but guess what they are still my friends.I would rather check the expiry date on my yoghurt than lose sleep over one of my mates wearing a dress

From a cursory google search- it appears a Dean Laidley has been working as a consultant for the DoJ-

If true- this brings a whole new level of intrigue to this story

Learning and Development Consultant
Feb 2016 – Present4 years 4 months
Australia
Consulting to a range of departments. Leadership, Management, Team Building, 360 profiling, cultural change.

Assuming you grabbed the right guy, I believe some articles (maybe the Malthouse interview?) mentioned he had been doing counselling in prisons. Would be related to that I assume, and tbh a former AFL level senior coach would probably have applicable skills consulting on the subjects mentioned there for non inmates in the justice system.

Not sure it adds any intrigue, unless you think this was revenge from someone he clashed with or something which I find incredibly doubtful.

There is an argument that because the photo of DL was put in the open and distributed, media outlets can freely print and show the image. In this case the herald sun. What say you?
I'd say if it had been taken by some random on the street it would be fair comment. They had to know that it hadn't been obtained legally

There is an argument that because the photo of DL was put in the open and distributed, media outlets can freely print and show the image. In this case the herald sun. What say you?

What is (hypothetically) the US (and worldwide) media decided to print/show the photos of Kobe and Gigi Bryant’s corpses after their tragic deaths.

I realise the situation is far from similar, but the basic point remains, some grubby sociopath/pscyophant would have gladly sold the tragedy of the deceased Bryant family’s last moments to the highest bidder, given the opportunity. Incredible as it sounds, USA media is a lot more respectful and stringent when it comes to these issues, I mean it took 24 years (or so) for graphic footage of the Nicole Brown and Ron Goldman murders (allegedly) by OJ Simpson to be viewed on the public domain.

Also- bail is default position- although recent changes allow police to hold for 48 hrs if needed prior to bail hearing.
You would only be denied bail if you are considered a serious risk - to victim/s, flight risk, ect.
If he did choose not to apply- it was likely due to legal advice suggesting it was highly unlikely- he had breached of AVO while on bail for indictable offence

From what I've gathered, I believe he was actually on bail from previous stuff when this all happened.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back