Scott Morrison - How Long? Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gus Taylor, "we have an independent advisory group made up of all our mates", totes legit.
Joshy Frydo "no biggie, we saved taxpayers $60bn by not being able to count properly".

WTF is this BS.

The worst bit is they have printed that $60b.

So what are they going to do with it now?

This has happened 1 day after Angus Taylor has announced tax payer funded gas power investment and carbon capture technology (cause Straya is leading edge and all).

We are dumb campaigners

For a guy who has apparently turned into such an amazing leader in this crisis, he's gone completely missing the very second his government drops the ball... AGAIN.

Spineless twat should be facing the media every single day explaining why there is such a massive black whole in their budgetary predictions and why millions of Australian's who are still suffering don't deserve help when only days ago this kind of expenditure was acceptable.

The worst bit is they have printed that $60b.

So what are they going to do with it now?

This has happened 1 day after Angus Taylor has announced tax payer funded gas power investment and carbon capture technology (cause Straya is leading edge and all).

We are dumb campaigners
I believe its now only $6 billion.

In a few years time it will be $6 million.

Then in 10 years times it will be $600,000.

And in other news certain conservatives will suddenly have new offshore bank accounts whilst they bleat about people on welfare supposedly bludging!

Much needed needed stimulus package that hasn't provided any real stimulus didn't play so good.
The reactionaries would really go to town on this if the roles were reversed. Sadly, Labor has shown itself to be politically weak when it comes to making these stuff-ups stick. #scottyfrommarketing, aided and abetted by the Dirty Diggers crew, will come out of this ok. :(

The reactionaries would really go to town on this if the roles were reversed. Sadly, Labor has shown itself to be politically weak when it comes to making these stuff-ups stick. #scottyfrommarketing, aided and abetted by the Dirty Diggers crew, will come out of this ok. :(
I think they were right to ease off at the beginning when we really weren't sure what the outcome was going to be, a fairly direct contrast to the Libs constant sniping during the GFC and response but now is the time to put the foot on the throat.

I think they were right to ease off at the beginning when we really weren't sure what the outcome was going to be, a fairly direct contrast to the Libs constant sniping during the GFC and response but now is the time to put the foot on the throat.
The constant sniping paid off. And the reactionaries are gold standard at it. Regrettably Labor has shown itself not to be. Let's see if Albo grows some public balls. When Leader of the House he had 'em so all is not lost.

'I have to take responsibility': PM owns $60b JobKeeper mistake

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-05-...e-subsidy-josh-frydenberg-60-billion/12280716

Translation: “Our focus groups say it is a good thing that we don’t have to spend $60b that we thought we did.”

Before a single business had even looked at that ATO online form, Scumho announced, with great fanfare, that he would spend $130bn on the Jobkeeper program over six months.

$130bn divide by 26 weeks divide by $750 = 6.7 million workers each getting $750 a week for 26 weeks.

I wonder if any journo will ask him the obvious question.
Did the 6.7 million workers include all the people that have been excluded from the Jobkeeper program?
The answer to that is quite obviously yes.

It isn't a mistake, it is ideology.

It gives them more money to stimulate at the end or taper it off for longer.
How they use that will have an economic effect that will be remembered

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It gives them more money to stimulate at the end or taper it off for longer.
How they use that will have an economic effect that will be remembered

Yeah, I wouldn't count on it.

They'll trumpet about how they stopped the virus earlier than they expected, so no longer need to borrow. The neoliberal rhetoric about debt and deficit will start up again (already seeing signs of it)

Realistically, they should be allocating most, if not all of it into a pipeline of projects similar to (but much bigger than) what Andrews has announced.

Before a single business had even looked at that ATO online form, Scumho announced, with great fanfare, that he would spend $130bn on the Jobkeeper program over six months.

$130bn divide by 26 weeks divide by $750 = 6.7 million workers each getting $750 a week for 26 weeks.

I wonder if any journo will ask him the obvious question.
Did the 6.7 million workers include all the people that have been excluded from the Jobkeeper program?
The answer to that is quite obviously yes.

It isn't a mistake, it is ideology.
The numbers never stacked up anyway. My estimate was they had to be planning for over 7 million on it (as they would collect tax on the payments). When you take into account government, education, mining, retail like coles/woolies and the banks and other large financial institutions (which wouldnt be getting it) the only way we had 7m on Jobkeeper was if the economy was completely and utterly ****ed, which would suggest they should’ve been spending a * load more

The constant sniping paid off. And the reactionaries are gold standard at it. Regrettably Labor has shown itself not to be. Let's see if Albo grows some public balls. When Leader of the House he had 'em so all is not lost.
See, politically it was definitively the wrong decision - getting to Taylor and getting him to present JobKeeper/Seeker to cabinet - but in terms of why they're all in ******* government, it was unequivocally the right call. That even the libs went through with it halfway demonstrates that it was the right call.

It was politics working as intended, for the people. I get hating how it's going to get Morrison and co re-elected, but I cannot be brought to the point of view that it was a bad thing. It was the best thing the libs have done whilst elected since the gun buyback.

Only stopping boats with poor brown people on them

Scomo claimed that?

I thought it was Abbott the racist who claimed that.

Or Dutton the racist.

Or Turnbull the racist.

As opposed to Rudd the asylum seeker killer who had an open policy which saw between 1,500 and 2,000 people drown.

His way was so much kinder.

''Former teacher, scientist and small business operator who contested the seat at the 2019 Federal Election" so says The Guardian.

But Gough simply says "rentagospel".

Who to believe...
She can join Morrison's happy clapper, Wanting loving kitchen cabinet if she wins, nasty f***ers giving advice to a useful idiot. I used to think Rhys Muldoon advising Rudd was a low point in Australian politics then I realise people might be actually become MPs.

Scomo claimed that?

I thought it was Abbott the racist who claimed that.

Or Dutton the racist.

Or Turnbull the racist.

As opposed to Rudd the asylum seeker killer who had an open policy which saw between 1,500 and 2,000 people drown.

His way was so much kinder.
Coalition supporters' newfound compassion for brown people is so touching. Where was it for all those years?

The numbers never stacked up anyway. My estimate was they had to be planning for over 7 million on it (as they would collect tax on the payments). When you take into account government, education, mining, retail like coles/woolies and the banks and other large financial institutions (which wouldnt be getting it) the only way we had 7m on Jobkeeper was if the economy was completely and utterly f’ed, which would suggest they should’ve been spending a fu** load more

All the unemployment numbers are dodgy AF.

Employment decreased by 594,300 people between March and April.
But ....
Unemployment ONLY increased by 104,500 people :think:

https://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf/mf/6202.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back