Adrian Dodoro: Football’s Biggest Fraud IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I recall GWS traded up to pick 2 to get him, so they clearly were willing to take a risk on a bolter.

Maybe their recruiting and list management people are there to recruit and manage the list though, not identify and exploit land deals on behalf of the cotories, which appears to be Dodoro's main role.

Now we’re getting somewhere ...

Has your list changed that much since pre supplements saga ? Pryor to that you were looking like being a top 8 potential top 4 team how’s it gone so wrong

Worsfold is exactly the man we needed but he’s not doing anything beyond guiding us out of the s**t. His game plan just doesn’t cut it. Hopefully that changes this year.

I think that's the damming stat

Instead continues on the failed path of turning flankers magically into inside mids with predictable results
Yep it's a shithouse approach.

Yes. That's what I was saying. Thanks.

You said they could "afford" to take a risk on a bolter.

Nobody takes risks with pick 2 mate. Especially not when they trade hard to get it.

Thing is they went super hard after Taranto despite being loaded with talent in his position anyway.

McGrath will be a bloody good player, but not in the position Essendon is crying out for, which is exactly the position Taranto plays.

Nobody takes risks with pick 2 mate. Especially not when they trade hard to get it.
And yet GWS did. I'm not the only person in the AFL world that had said McGrath/Hugh were the consensus top 2. Read the thread, you'll see it said earlier today.

Thing is they went super hard after Taranto despite being loaded with talent in his position anyway.

McGrath will be a bloody good player, but not in the position Essendon is crying out for, which is exactly the position Taranto plays.

They took risks and took two bolters in Plowman and ORourke in the one year.

All the pre draft talk was them trading up to try to get McGrath, thinking McCluggage would go first.

It's possible Dodoro's future at Essendon could depend on the outcome of Joe Daniher.
If JD as expected leaves at the end of the season, It's doubtful the Bombers will get the same compo as the Swans were offering last year (reportedly)

Doubtful? Essendon will struggle to get a decent 2nd rounder for Joe. They will get no where near what was reported last year, which was essentially the world for a chronically injured, medically mismanaged player (albeit a gun).

The bloke has played a handful of games in 3 years and nobody is going to give him a long or lucrative contract. More likely he will move on say a 2 year contract with options to extend if he meets certain targets and financial benefits tied in with that. Before people say 'Essendon will just keep him then', there is no way in hell they will be able to hold him again if he wants out... zero chance.

A lot of being a bolter comes down to timing and keeping your own appraisals under wraps.

Watching him as junior, there wasn’t too many knocks on Taranto other than his slightly weird (but effective) kicking action, and the possibility that his dominance was partially due to how physically developed he was at a young age. He also had the potential to play as a permanent forward given his athleticism and ability overhead.

As far as risk analysis goes, compared to JOR, Plowman, Pickett etc GWS would have been confident Taranto would at least become a very solid utility - at best he’d continue on his junior trajectory and become a very good inside midfielder at AFL, helped by a core group to guide him.

And yet GWS did. I'm not the only person in the AFL world that had said McGrath/Hugh were the consensus top 2. Read the thread, you'll see it said earlier today.

But it didn't end up being that did it.

GWS got it 100 per cent right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3 extra wins isn't a crazy amount, teams make those jumps every year. Well not this year anyway. :)
True, it isn't a crazy amount, I suppose that I don't see that happening. Especially if you have been 12-10 every year for the last 3 years.

Essendon have never really found a person to replace Jobe Watson. They desperately need a Jobe Watson replacement but don't seem too interested in getting one.
Problem is we never had support for him either.
Our best midfield had the likes of Mercuri, JJ, Peverill, MJ, etc with support of talent like Hird, Mercuri, Rama and co.

Since then our inside mids have been Jobe & Hocking (who was more a tagger), with Myers on occasion, and now it's Heppell (who was a defender).

It is well known in recruiting circles that Carlton were very keen on Taranto before The Giants jumped in. We definitely would have taken him with our first pick in the draft that year, he was not an outside top 10 bolter of his draft class.

I don't recall that.

We were very keen on Setterfield and obviously SPS.

I don't recall that.

We were very keen on Setterfield and obviously SPS.

I remember reading a couple of high profile Phantom Drafts at the time that we were very keen/going to pick up Taranto at pick #6.

Very very happy with how SPS has turned out/developing though, a very important piece of our next flag window.

I think that's the damming stat

Instead continues on the failed path of turning flankers magically into inside mids with predictable results

He's allergic to drafting pure inside mids still hasn't found a replacement for Jobe.

We have Mitch Hibberd who should play rnd 2 imo he's no superstar but will at least provide a big body in the middle that can dish out the ball to the outside.

No, but it's Essendon's only number one pick in their history and they draft a small B-grade half back flanker without many tricks.

It's also part of a wide narrative of how Essendon never seem to get drafting right. Even the picks which do work out like Heppell only kinda work out. In isolation, McGrath is fine. But it wasn't.
He'll captain the club

Small? Yes
B Grade? Yep and he's only 22.
Better players currently? Worpel, Walsh, Harrison, Oliver, Mccluggage are A graders
Argument for days and disagree-Taranto, Dunkley who are banging on the door

Half back flanker? He does play some football on the flank but Saad/Redman have been back flankers at essendon a lot more then McGrath, You've fallen for the classic "Not sure where he plays but he runs a lot must be a back flanker:

Yes essendon draft average, McGrath will play 250 games however so its not a bad pick considering everyone had him at pick 1 on the draft board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back