Cancel culture, racism & Collingwood & Carltons club songs

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you actually know what a fascist is?

The extreme left want to break the system, bust capitalism, they don't care about black people , unless black people want to bust capitalism. Which is why they endorse the black lives matter movement.
I suggest you so a little research before throwing out blatantly false comments. Google the word fascist for a start because whatever you think it means, it doesn't.;)

Essendon's previous moniker was far more offensive lol.
Now is it true they were actually called the Blood Stained ... N****** ?!

And red signified the Blood? I suppose a 'bomber' plane is far less offensive.I mean before we look at Collingwood and Carlton, we probably cancel Essendon, they're testing positive all the time, stalling footy over and over, lets cancel them

That'll fix the disturbingly high rates of domestic violence and sexual abuse in Indigenous communities.
Careful. When I pointed this out in another thread I was called racist.

For the record in rate of domestic violence in indigenous communities is 32 times that of non-indigenous communities. According to White Ribbon.

A lot of people are fundamentally misunderstanding Cancel Culture in this thread.

Look at Titania McGrath. Tweets the most ludicrous silly nonsense for a laugh. Six months later, an academic or news outlet sincerely and genuinely regurgitates the same point unironically. Titania regularly digs up xer old tweets and puts them next to headlines of the day to say "see, I was ahead of this by X months/years".

That is how Cancel Culture works. May seem ridiculous and over the top now. Then suddenly it's headline news and outrage merchants.

I think the premise of the thread will age well.

A lot of people are fundamentally misunderstanding Cancel Culture in this thread.

Look at Titania McGrath. Tweets the most ludicrous silly nonsense for a laugh. Six months later, an academic or news outlet sincerely and genuinely regurgitates the same point unironically. Titania regularly digs up xer old tweets and puts them next to headlines of the day to say "see, I was ahead of this by X months/years".

That is how Cancel Culture works. May seem ridiculous and over the top now. Then suddenly it's headline news and outrage merchants.

I think the premise of the thread will age well.

Cancel culture is the equivalent of burning books. It's removing any notion or label pointing to a social matter. It's really a sad thing. If 'cancel culture' was a long running and accepted part of society, the Pyramids of Egypt would have been pulled down when they were rediscovered... as they were built by slaves. Do people want to live in a world like this?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a common saying the far left when they go so far left they end up going in a circle and meet the far right. These are just the fringes of the relative groups though, much like saying anyone of the far right want to cleanse minorities and destroy democracy, and im sure some do. Unfortunately its the far right that has form on violence recently, been awhile since ive heard a far lefty going around shooting loads of people......

No they hunt in gangs and belt s**t out of people who dare not share their opinion.

And publicly at least - the far left are acting in the thousands.

The far right usually act as a lone wolf.

The problem is when you point out how scary the far left is (and how it is rapidly growing) everyone points to the right as though that is some justification.

The people sitting in the middle don't give a s**t - both extremes are scary - one is just more hypocritical and growing.

FWIW - the black lives matter organisation (as opposed to the movement) have a much broader manifesto than just racial equality. They are rampant marxists also pushing an extreme transgender ideaology. Truthfully it is scary how extreme and emboldened they are

Careful. When I pointed this out in another thread I was called racist.

For the record in rate of domestic violence in indigenous communities is 32 times that of non-indigenous communities. According to White Ribbon.

I'm sure that justifies the systemic disadvantage and racism they are subject to

We wouldn’t even be having the conversation if it wasn’t for the lefty loonies whe invented the “ let’s get offended” culture

If the 'lefty loonies' cannot get a bit upset about a man in handcuffs being choked to death in public by the police then I don't know what would qualify for protest.

If the 'lefty loonies' cannot get a bit upset about a man in handcuffs being choked to death in public by the police then I don't know what would qualify for protest.
I think we were all upset by what happened.
Most reasonable people would then say charge the offending officer and try him in court.
The left are now calling to abolish the police, rewrite history, change the language and burn down businesses owned by people who had nothing to do with the actions of the police. Basically, they are a bunch of juvenile delinquents and any idiot who supports them is weak. In my humble opinion.

Nobody disputes that but that doesn’t explain the cancel culture, being offended at some imagined slight and refusal to look at constructive change rather than feel good issues. Anyway it is what it is and we can only hope common sense comes back into these things.

Nobody disputes that but that doesn’t explain the cancel culture, being offended at some imagined slight and refusal to look at constructive change rather than feel good issues. Anyway it is what it is and we can only hope common sense comes back into these things.

The OP is patently ridiculous and was a piss take at genuine attempts of questioning what we should honour. Do you see anyone seriously asking for song changes and name changes for AFL teams?

People in Bristol took down a statue of a known slave trader that made his fortune from it. Is this not the 'cancel culture' (whatever that means) we want?

Besides, I'm fairly libertarian on this sort of thing of people petitioning for name changes and boycotts. If a bottleshop or consumers want to boycott Colonial, that's their choice. If Colonial wants to stick with their name, that's their choice. If Colonial wants to change it, that's again their choice. In the end people can vote with their wallets, thought conservatives would defend that to the death.

I think we were all upset by what happened.
Most reasonable people would then say charge the offending officer and try him in court.
The left are now calling to abolish the police, rewrite history, change the language and burn down businesses owned by people who had nothing to do with the actions of the police. Basically, they are a bunch of juvenile delinquents and any idiot who supports them is weak. In my humble opinion.

George Floyd is the symbol - he's the start of a true redefinition of what we want the police to do and whether black lives actually matter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back