Player Watch #21: Noah Balta

Remove this Banner Ad

Comes back this year out of shape.
He'd be lucky to run the entire race without looking too the bench.
What are you trying to get at with this post? Here is a couple of photos of him during the preseason in February. He certainly doesn’t look “out of shape” to me.

31886958-C18E-4743-96B9-4296EC456DDA.jpeg 0C8BBF81-E722-4655-AA41-68C832C1A781.jpeg

Even if you’re referring to his potential body shape following the COVID19 break he was BOG in the first practice game he played against the Pies. Here’s another photo of him in May after the players resumed to training. Also not “out of shape” then either.
983B786D-BE33-452F-8B89-B29663858FAA.jpeg

What are you trying to get at with this post? Here is a couple of photos of him during the preseason in February. He certainly doesn’t look “out of shape” to me.

View attachment 904228View attachment 904229

Even if you’re referring to his potential body shape following the COVID19 break he was BOG in the first practice game he played against the Pies. Here’s another photo of him in May after the players resumed to training. Also not “out of shape” then either.
View attachment 904227
All i'm saying is a bloke with tank issues won't get a gig on the wing.

Balta should have been regularly getting solid blocks of games to develop as a Rance replacement instead of relying on Grimes,Broad, Vlastuin to play as KPD.
With Astbury now injured, it should be Garth coming in as a replacement with Balta already semi-established in the team.
Instead, whoever comes in will be crucified by us fans, like Garth was when he last played a block with no Rance or Astbury in the team.

Balta should have been regularly getting solid blocks of games to develop as a Rance replacement instead of relying on Grimes,Broad, Vlastuin to play as KPD.
With Astbury now injured, it should be Garth coming in as a replacement with Balta already semi-established in the team.
Instead, whoever comes in will be crucified by us fans, like Garth was when he last played a block with no Rance or Astbury in the team.

Someone said it weeks ago (I think it was Rodney Dangerfield ) and I have long-agreed.
They need to find Balta a spot in the team and settle him there if he's going to prosper.
Whether that's CHB, CHF, wherever, just give him some permanency.

When he first got the call up last year he played with plenty of bounce and vigour but appeared to tire a bit. I think when he was dropped he may have even been rested for a week from the 2s, which probably points to fitness not being quite where it needed to be.

Reckon Naish was the same I think it was against Port (or some interstate team) he had a really good first half then hardly touched it in the second half.

Getting 13 games into Balta last year was pretty good. He's an interesting prospect. KPD/back up ruck. Apart from last week I thought our backline has been the most consistent part of the team. Balta is not ahead of Broad or Astbury, although Balta might be a replacement for Broad if we face tall opposition. Astbury's injury is a perfect opportunity for Noah as will play with most of the first choice back 6. The way we are playing we get smashed anyhow. I'm sure where Garth fits in right now, but its down the order.

Geez dunno if I can see the same footy smarts to be honest.

I wasn't sure Rance had his level of smarts until he showed us either. Not saying Balta has. Just difficult to know from where I sit?....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Astbury out for atleast 4-6 (and 30 before round 1 next year), the time is now for his replacement to cement themselves as the next CHB/FB. Then moving forward, it could be Astbury and this new player as the KPDs along with Grimes in the pocket who can play tall, small or loose.

Balta/Garthwaite, these are the two next in line and closest to the team. I think Balta provides more versatility with his athleticism and ability to help in the ruck if needed, but from all reports Garthwaite is more sound defensively so if they want someone more lockdown Garth might be their pick.

Would love for Balta to get a month at CHB from here.

want him on the wing or half forward. He can mark like a beast run his full measure then bomb deep into attack! Don’t turn this KOUTA mkII into a bloody defender.

Agree that he should get a decent run at it.

The next fortnight is hardly daunting- Melbourne and Sydney don’t have any kpf that are going to cause headaches. Followed by the Roos and Grimes probably gets Ben Brown.

Really excited to see Balta strut his stuff

Agree that he should get a decent run at it.

The next fortnight is hardly daunting- Melbourne and Sydney don’t have any kpf that are going to cause headaches. Followed by the Roos and Grimes probably gets Ben Brown.

Really excited to see Balta strut his stuff
I'd give Balta the job on Brown.

Sink or swim you reckon?

Brown covers a lot of territory for a 200cm KF not sure Balta has the tank at this stage.
True in regards to his tank.But as good as Maximus Grimes is,I think Brown is a tad to big.
This year sucks for us but I don't mind giving Balta until it's definitive he can or can't cope at AFL level.

True in regards to his tank.But as good as Maximus Grimes is,I think Brown is a tad to big.
This year sucks for us but I don't mind giving Balta until it's definitive he can or can't cope at AFL level.
I’m stoked to see him in I thought Dimma would go with Garth.

Don’t think Balta is Astbury’s long term replacement when Dave eventually hangs up the boots. I think we’ve still got to find that player.

Noah more attacking role across hb for mine

Remove this Banner Ad

Back