Autopsy Roos lose to the Dogs - Round 5, 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Genuinely embarrassed.

Killed by a second string dysfunctional forward line. Their A-grade mids that aren't injured/suspended took the night off. The last two weeks weren't great but this was our worst loss in a long time. No shots fired.

If Ben Brown wants to spend the rest of the season with his family in Melbourne working on whatever strength he can muster that is fine by me. Sick of his apologists making excuses. Sometimes players hit their wall, despite the last two or three seasons being good. The only benefit is we aren't going to pay him anywhere what he would be worth if his contract was up in 2019.

Anybody could see Cunners shouldn't have played. He looked puffed up and pale like a guy that hadn't left his bed in weeks.

Gonna be a genuine play the kids run in the hub. Time to start crossing off some names.

After watching the 1st half, how can I keep my 7 year old from jumping ship?

He wasn't interested in the 2nd half and its going to be a push to get him to watch again this season tbh...

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Play a collection of our best wins between 1993-2000.

Really? After that performance and you single out Anderson? Really there are some morons on this forum.

the amount of times he obliterated momentum going forward with a shank kick, he absolutely should not be in the side until he's worked on his kicking. of course he's not the only one who should go out, my post wasn't a comprehensive list

Whole club can have a serious look at themselves.

How was Cunnington selected to play?

I couldn’t give a * if he said ‘I’m right’...blind Freddy could see he was cooked in the first contest.

Two way running not a thing of the past, because we haven’t been good at it in the last 10 years.

Absolute pisstake. Positives were few and far between that game.

Positives:
Simpkin is now a top 3 player at the club
Goldy (as usual)
Kyron is a great decision maker and actually wants to take the game on
Would’ve lost by 15 goals if it wasn’t for Taz
Mahony showed something again. Seems composed and has quick hands

Negatives:
******* everything else. You’re on notice Shaw

Taylor, how could you miss Taylor

Dreadful. Just absolutely painful to watch.

Ball use has been our biggest flaw for years and coming up against a side who uses it as well as the flogs, just shows how far away we are in that area. God awful.

Change something up ffs. Because right now we are absolutely shite.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At one stage I grabbed my abacus and noted that the starting midfield was Ando, Simpkin, Dumont and Hall . That right there is not AFL standard .
Then Xerri , Zurhaar Anderson and Simpkin .

So while it seems many of you are furious, the truth is we ain’t any good.
This also isn’t Shaw’s fault ! Remember that please .

Gotta face the truth, Anderson goes in 100% but I reckon he hit more bulldogs players with his kicks than roos, is the benefit of defensive pressure enough to excuse the fact that he then gives it up to them?

Dunno if tonight was a result of shiteful skills from the players, gameplan lacking imagination, or the bastard child of their unholy union. whatever it was, I never want to see it again, even if we have to bottom out this year and load up on picks.

Start looking at the draft boards. We will have a top 3 selection.

Curtis and Hayden are quality.

I don’t see the hype on Mahoney. Way too slow.

Anderson was not in our worst 5-8 players today but will cop most the heat from the board

the amount of times he obliterated momentum going forward with a shank kick, he absolutely should not be in the side until he's worked on his kicking. of course he's not the only one who should go out, my post wasn't a comprehensive list
Jed's not even hitting like he can, the whole team is off the pace and our long corridor kick game plan doesn't work without 1 or 2 extra skilled talls.

Shambles.

how could he obliterate momentum when we never had any? Also a bit hard to hit targets when no one is presenting.

Yuck.

Our skill level isn’t allowing us to move the ball with any speed and precision meaning our forward line is full of defensive bodies anytime we go in. Then we’re getting smashed on the counter.

Goldy and Taz aside our best moments are coming from the kids.

Keep turning the list over Brady.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back