List Mgmt. Who is playing for their careers? 2020 edition.

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think you watch enough AFL if you think Robbo could be anywhere near the worst in the competition. We have prioritised skills so I can't think of any that would necessarily be worse, other than an Archie or a Stef, but competition-wide there's plenty of players who struggle to hit targets under no pressure.

For someone who insists on defending the forwards as a victim of the game plan, I'm surprised that you don't account for Robbo repeatedly and consistently doing something without being dropped for it potentially being part of the game plan too.
You got me again dlanod . I dont watch enough afl footy because i still do think Robbo is the worst exponent of the kick on our list. Robbo does hit his targets more often than not. Its just that his target is a 50 metre radius in most directions forward of where he has it. That doesnt mean I think he should be dropped and not sure why you would think that based on my comments. In my opinion Robbo adds something unique to our 22 & that is his hardness & courage at the ball...something you cannot teach. AND, once again, I am 100% assured he is acting on instructions from the coach's game plan which is all you can ask of any player on our list. All I would like Robbo to do is raise his head & have a look before he sets sail with a kick that resembles a grenade thrown out of a bunker...or maybe handball to another team mate who is in a better position. BUT, I am not his coach and merely am expressing an opinion of the way he plays the game.

You got me again dlanod . I dont watch enough afl footy because i still do think Robbo is the worst exponent of the kick on our list. Robbo does hit his targets more often than not. Its just that his target is a 50 metre radius in most directions forward of where he has it. That doesnt mean I think he should be dropped and not sure why you would think that based on my comments. In my opinion Robbo adds something unique to our 22 & that is his hardness & courage at the ball...something you cannot teach. AND, once again, I am 100% assured he is acting on instructions from the coach's game plan which is all you can ask of any player on our list. All I would like Robbo to do is raise his head & have a look before he sets sail with a kick that resembles a grenade thrown out of a bunker...or maybe handball to another team mate who is in a better position. BUT, I am not his coach and merely am expressing an opinion of the way he plays the game.
Thought Robbo did look up a couple of times last week when he had extra time and to good effect.

I think Witho will fight back and grab a spot in the team by finals.

Change his game after 2 years, I'm assuming that means not to take too big a risk with his kicks. Who was the other half back that gave away 3 goals in Giants semi?
What it means is that they want Alex to improve his defensive aspect of his game because they believe he is too attacking at the expense of his defensive responsibilities. I think he is also saying that early in Alex's career he was told to attack & be extremely aggressive bringing the ball out of our defensive 50 & now they are asking him to make a change to his game which is sometimes difficult to do quickly. I have faith in his football abilities to fix what they want and get back into the 22 soon.

You got me again dlanod . I dont watch enough afl footy because i still do think Robbo is the worst exponent of the kick on our list.

You don't watch and you don't read. :) I actually agreed with you on the bolded part (taking out ruckmen). I explicitly said I was taking issue with you thinking he was anywhere near the worst in the competition. He's so far off that it's not funny - given time and lack of pressure he will hit a target. There's plenty of players you can't say that about on other teams.

Robbo does hit his targets more often than not. Its just that his target is a 50 metre radius in most directions forward of where he has it. That doesnt mean I think he should be dropped and not sure why you would think that based on my comments.

Also didn't say that. I said that the fact he isn't being held accountable (dropped) for his kicking suggests it is according to plan which...

In my opinion Robbo adds something unique to our 22 & that is his hardness & courage at the ball...something you cannot teach. AND, once again, I am 100% assured he is acting on instructions from the coach's game plan which is all you can ask of any player on our list. All I would like Robbo to do is raise his head & have a look before he sets sail with a kick that resembles a grenade thrown out of a bunker...or maybe handball to another team mate who is in a better position. BUT, I am not his coach and merely am expressing an opinion of the way he plays the game.

...you acknowledge here. The net result is we actually agree, at least on Robbo's context in our team! :)

You don't watch and you don't read. :) I actually agreed with you on the bolded part (taking out ruckmen). I explicitly said I was taking issue with you thinking he was anywhere near the worst in the competition. He's so far off that it's not funny - given time and lack of pressure he will hit a target. There's plenty of players you can't say that about on other teams.

Also didn't say that. I said that the fact he isn't being held accountable (dropped) for his kicking suggests it is according to plan which...

...you acknowledge here. The net result is we actually agree, at least on Robbo's context in our team! :)
Contrary to me not watching & not reading, many of my friends & relatives would argue that with solid factual back-up & win I think. ;) Don't necessarily think we agree on this subject but I do respect your opinion & that its a little different than mine. That's a good thing but it hasn't changed my opinion on Robbo's quality of disposal.
P.S. I don't defend the key forwards exclusively, I simply defend any criticisms or talk when its not warranted. The key forwards get a bad wrap on Big Footy recently primarily because they aren't playing the way we (including myself) would like to see them in the traditional way. (ie. Lead, Mark, Goal) If the same quality of criticisms were directed at the backline, I would defend them as well if they are doing as instructed by their line coach. Go Lions. :brisbane: :thumbsu:

Sadly I dont think there will be any exciting options for Rhys to explore if he doesnt get one more chance at senior level here at the Lions.
Word has it that Rhys gets his chance this Thursday due to CEY being out. Critical he grabs this opportunity with both hands and makes it impossible to be relegated again. Good Luck.

I notice you guys have some promising KPP types, but hard to see room for all of them, especially given your best 22 already has youngish talls.

How do you see the likes of Ballenden, Payne, Skinner and Wooller developing? is there space in the 22 for any of them?

Obviously Skinner has had some serious injuries, and Payne too early on that probably cost him a debut. I thought Wooller was an outstanding prospect, but it is hard to see where he fits.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I notice you guys have some promising KPP types, but hard to see room for all of them, especially given your best 22 already has youngish talls.

How do you see the likes of Ballenden, Payne, Skinner and Wooller developing? is there space in the 22 for any of them?

Obviously Skinner has had some serious injuries, and Payne too early on that probably cost him a debut. I thought Wooller was an outstanding prospect, but it is hard to see where he fits.
Skinner and Wooller both out of contract at seasons end.

All players listed have potential but are obviously not doing enough to break into the best 22. Reports are that all are solid citizens. Personally I would be disappointed to see any delisted, but I don’t see how we can keep all four. In my uneducated opinion:

Ballenden is the future forward ruck. I think he has the greatest Skill level, just needs to add physicality to his game
Payne has the physical attributes to take on the monster forwards. I am surprised he hasn’t had more opportunity to show what he can do. If Adams can’t get his body right Payne is a definite keep.
Skinner and Wooler would be astute pick ups if they became available. Not certain to make it but worth the gamble.

Word has it that Rhys gets his chance this Thursday due to CEY being out. Critical he grabs this opportunity with both hands and makes it impossible to be relegated again. Good Luck.
I really hope that happens; I'm a fan of Rhys', but I also appreciate this is a massive opportunity for him which he needs to take.

I'm not sure any of them will make it here, we don't give many chances to young talls. I can see both Skinner and Wooller leaving at year's end to pursue other opportunities, especially if the list reduction ends up happening. Payne probably has the best chance to make it since he has a defined role as a key back, and Adams is very injury prone.

I don't know that there'll be a heap of demand for Skinner but Wooller might get a go. We demoted Skinner on to the rookie list last year and no one expressed any interest in him.
I’d be utterly surprised if Skinner didn’t get a go elsewhere. 100% worth the gamble, huge upside going off his game against West Coast

I’d be utterly surprised if Skinner didn’t get a go elsewhere. 100% worth the gamble, huge upside going off his game against West Coast
Welcome to BigFooty.

If we’re in a position where we delist Skinner, then most other clubs will be facing the same list squeeze we will be.

No one wanted him enough to approach him as a DFA or take him late in the ND/PSD last year, both of which would've just gotten him for free. If we delist him this year after he's probably played no senior games (and no reserves form), it's not going to surprise me if he doesn't see an increase in interest over last year.

No one wanted him enough to approach him as a DFA or take him late in the ND/PSD last year, both of which would've just gotten him for free. If we delist him this year after he's probably played no senior games (and no reserves form), it's not going to surprise me if he doesn't see an increase in interest over last year.
:'(

Welcome to BigFooty.

If we’re in a position where we delist Skinner, then most other clubs will be facing the same list squeeze we will be.

Not all other clubs have a list as strong as ours, all our 2020 delisted players have been picked up and played senior footy. Obviously to keep Skinner after 5 years and 1 game, and name him emergency every week says we rate him. Maybe he wanted to stay and take his chances to break in, if we don’t play him someone else will be interested in a 23 year old Key forward/back. We obviously rated him higher than Walker and he’s doing very well at Nth.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Not all other clubs have a list as strong as ours, all our 2020 delisted players have been picked up and played senior footy. Obviously to keep Skinner after 5 years and 1 game, and name him emergency every week says we rate him. Maybe he wanted to stay and take his chances to break in, if we don’t play him someone else will be interested in a 23 year old Key forward/back. We obviously rated him higher than Walker and he’s doing very well at Nth.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Apart from NRobbo and Bastinac

Remove this Banner Ad

Back