Autopsy vs Carlton - Round 8, 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

At this stage he looks so typical of many players we have drafted in the past. He has time to turn it around though.
He's not suddenly going to become fast though. Players either have pace when they are drafted, or they don't.

I think we probably drafted him more for his smarts around goal, rather than his speed.

A lot of people need to take a step back and see the forest instead of the trees.

Performance was eons better than what we’ve dished up in the last month.

Polec inside in the first means Scott gets more wing minutes (long term thinking).

Larkey back in and we looked way better going forward.

LDU survived in tact. That is literally the only thing that mattered about his game.

Pittard largely destroyed Doherty’s natural run off hb. He may work as a defensive forward.

Mahony is a bloody good little footballer. I dunno where the criticism is coming from. Hard in the tackle and gets to the right spots. Will be a player.

Mckay should play the next 200 games unless things take an unexpected turn. Do not underestimate the importance of this.

Hall nailed one. Could have just turned a mental corner with that finish.

Simpkin learns a valuable lesson in what to expect as the big cat in the enclosure. In a game that ultimately doesn’t matter.

Brown competed much more strongly in the air. Think he brought 90% off balls to ground in a good way.

And...

We didn’t get 4 points that we would have picked up in every other year in the last decade.

4 points that would have seen us limp to 10th by the end of the year and another nothing position from which to build.

Some people want the impossible. You want us to rebuild but you don’t want to see the footy of a rebuilding side.

I agree with pretty much every one of these points.

Mahony will need a bag full of tricks and will need pace around him for that to work.

McKay's fortnight is a massive, massive positive. I also think Scott has shown a lot forward, wouldn't mind some time put into him as a fast forward until he puts on some more size.

Saw that. Did not look like he wanted to be out there. Not a good sign. Champion players just don’t do that. Either he’s injured or he’s not happy with nmfc
Delist. But seriously, what did you expect after being out for months follwed by two scratch matches? I would expect him to be miles away from AFL fitness.

Aaron Hall should be an absolute star. That goal was amazing, given the conditions.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
He should be, but he isn't.
Apart from that running goal from 50, he was ordinary again. Slow, and with iffy disposal and not great decision making.

We played better today, lost in the 1st quarter due to fact of not being able to pressure the ball carrier, we need quick small forwards, who’ll be able to restrict movement and mids who’ll work both ways.

Need to balance out the list, as we don’t even have the cattle to do it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shaw: Today we showed what we can do for periods. A slow start again put us on the back foot. The second and third quarter were much better.

Shaw: Jasper showed a lack of discipline, and it’s cost us. He’s a leader and he knows he was in the wrong. We’ll leave it at that.

Shaw: When you’re in a situation like this, these small errors compound and really hurt.

Shaw: We were really happy to get some guys back this week. Nick Larkey fought really well and it was great to see LDU back out there.

Shaw: Kyron showed his commitment last week, and he did a fantastic job on Eddie Betts. Bailey Scott got some reward for his continued effort.

thought today was good, i wanna see more experimenting.

Lot of kids are showing good stuff week after week - if its not curtis taylor kicking goals its bailey scott

had low expectations so came out feeling fine about a loss

happier looking for long term success than short

Do we even know ANYTHING about this upcoming draft?
We have Melbourne's first round pick.
Given the season we've had, it will be pick 20 because Melbourne will win the flag and the Crows will get a priority pick.

You go at pick 30 odd, you’re going to have a few wrinkles. Just needs to get a bit stronger and work on his first step away from the contest.
Correct but would have preferred Elijah Taylor who’s “wrinkles” were apparently his attitude. Boy can play and has wheels.

A lot of people need to take a step back and see the forest instead of the trees.

Performance was eons better than what we’ve dished up in the last month.

Polec inside in the first means Scott gets more wing minutes (long term thinking).

Larkey back in and we looked way better going forward.

LDU survived in tact. That is literally the only thing that mattered about his game.

Pittard largely destroyed Doherty’s natural run off hb. He may work as a defensive forward.

Mahony is a bloody good little footballer. I dunno where the criticism is coming from. Hard in the tackle and gets to the right spots. Will be a player.

Mckay should play the next 200 games unless things take an unexpected turn. Do not underestimate the importance of this.

Hall nailed one. Could have just turned a mental corner with that finish.

Simpkin learns a valuable lesson in what to expect as the big cat in the enclosure. In a game that ultimately doesn’t matter.

Brown competed much more strongly in the air. Think he brought 90% off balls to ground in a good way.

And...

We didn’t get 4 points that we would have picked up in every other year in the last decade.

4 points that would have seen us limp to 10th by the end of the year and another nothing position from which to build.

Some people want the impossible. You want us to rebuild but you don’t want to see the footy of a rebuilding side.

Top post.

North have lost a competition-most 73 games to injury overall this season.
We didn't deserve to win today.
We're getting games into players that will form our future.
We're in a better position to get draft picks that will make a difference.

Glass is half full.
It's so North to have a glass that's twice as big as what it needs to be. Inefficient.

I reckon we can give pick 1 a shake. Are the bullies the best team we've played so far? Still got Port, Brissy, West Coast, Collingwood, Gold Coast and Geelong to go.
We were better today, but let's face it Carlton are very middle of the road and allowed us a lot of space.

Have Adelaide won a game yet?

We'll do them next week.

Desperately need small forwards. Carlton waltz it out of our 50 too easily at times.
Someone in the prematch thought Brown and Larkey would not be suited for the match conditions and two smaller more mobile players should be selected instead. After watching the game I would say the poster was probably correct. Larkey was great in the first quarter, unsighted for the rest of the match but gained experience. BB was much better today.

It would be probably a stretch to say going too tall cost the match but another small nuggety bloke would have been handy.

Isn't my boy Josh tearing it up? If you can be bothered go to the Brisbane board and sing his praises so annoying all the Josh doubters (Jackess in particular)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back